Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Erosion of privacy and mystery

So this is something I've been thinking about for a long time, particularly the last few days and after a conversation at lunch, I have decided to bring the topic to the Links.

It appears to me that married couples share way too much and become way too comfortable these days.

For instance:

It doesn't seem to be very uncommon for one spouse to be showering in the tub while the other spouse is sitting on the toilet doing their business.

It doesn't seem to be very uncommon for a man to know when his wife/girlfriend's "aunt flo" is over either because she has him buy the products or because he takes the trash out and she leaves the soiled items in there in plain sight.

It doesn't seem to be uncommon for a husband to ask the wife to pop a zit or something on his back.

and on and on.

What is happening? To this day, I have no idea when my mother's aunt flo was over. There was no talk of such things. My father never went to the store for those types of things.

My father would NEVER even think of taking a crap in the same bathroom while my mother was taking a shower.

Hell, I don't even like putting on deoderant or trimming a nose hair in front of The Wife. I check the bathroom before I do a #2 because I don't want to have to ask her to get me toilet paper. When I'm doing #1, I try to pee quietly because I'm embarassed of the sound.

Call me old fashioned but personal hygeine and grooming and the entire excretory system are just that: personal and should be done back stage.

I'm bothered by the constant commercials for deoderant and feminine hygiene products.

What happened to the mystery? What has happened to privacy? My sister has told me that when she's in her time of the month, she actually disposes of the waste in the garage away from any trash can in the house so that her husband or kids don't have see it, even by accident.

Am I the only one who feels like this on here? Am I part of a dying breed? Was I just scarred by my crazy parents?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Well, you know, when the commercials come on, you could always change the channel. There are plenty of channels out there that do not show ads for feminine hygenical stuff - at least not during the programs I watch. For instance, I'm certain I've never seen a commercial for Tampax or Kotex or Always or none of that stuff while watching ESPN. And I'm pretty secure in not having to be bothered by Danica Patrick not telling me about those times when she doesn't feel fresh while I'm watching racing.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Well, you know, when the commercials come on, you could always change the channel. There are plenty of channels out there that do not show ads for feminine hygenical stuff - at least not during the programs I watch. For instance, I'm certain I've never seen a commercial for Tampax or Kotex or Always or none of that stuff while watching ESPN. And I'm pretty secure in not having to be bothered by Danica Patrick not telling me about those times when she doesn't feel fresh while I'm watching racing.
    maybe that's my problem, insomuchas the commercials are concerned, I need to stop letting The Wife control the remote!

countdown to her coming on here to exclaim that I always control the remote begins riiiiggghtttt...now.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

If there's one thing to be said about the old days, there were plenty of products where you had no clue what the hell they were for...these days there's too much damn information!
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

You're embarresed by the sound of somebody hearing you pee? I think that speaks volumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Nope, I'm the same way, all of the above including commercials.

Except peeing. I try to pee as loud as I possibly can.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:02 PM
    Liked 6,673 Times in 3,698 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    So this is something I've been thinking about for a long time,
    we need to get you some hobbies.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    Nope, I'm the same way, all of the above including commercials.

Except peeing. I try to pee as loud as I possibly can.

damn i just literally laughed out loud...
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All this because I told you about someone else's wife telling the story of her husband accidentally pooping on the bath mat at our girl's night out? Geez!

And you do have control of the remote 98% of the time, because I give it to you thank you very much. (Except on Thursdays. Nothing comes between me and my Thursday night television.)

LV

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Seriously, what happens with me and my rig stays about as personal as it gets....although I fart a lot and quite loudly at that. Women aren't so discreet when it comes to their hygiene and their time of the month. I don't wanna see that shit, hear about it, deal with it, NOTHING. If you are going to cry because a 4 year old girl is walking a puppy down the street than you need to put on your big girls pants and realize you need to lock yourself away from everyone for a few days. Nothing worse than watching a castrated man buying feminine hygiene products at the store, they always get a snicker and a pointing from me too.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by shamalama View Post
    Seriously, what happens with me and my rig stays about as personal as it gets....although I fart a lot and quite loudly at that. Women aren't so discreet when it comes to their hygiene and their time of the month. I don't wanna see that shit, hear about it, deal with it, NOTHING. If you are going to cry because a 4 year old girl is walking a puppy down the street than you need to put on your big girls pants and realize you need to lock yourself away from everyone for a few days. Nothing worse than watching a castrated man buying feminine hygiene products at the store, they always get a snicker and a pointing from me too.
    it's not just the "time of the month" stuff though. I don't want to hear a woman taking a raging crap in the bathroom on the other side of the wall. I don't want to smell a girl's bad breath. (well, I don't want to smell anyone's bad breath.) I don't want to know that she's in the tub shaving her underarms or legs or anything. (God, i don't even like typing the word "shaving." Shit I did it again.)

You know? What ever happened to women protecting their femine charm?

And guys are just as bad. I would never, NEVER, EVER, tell The Wife that I had a hemmeroid. If I did have one, I would keep it a secret and if I required the use of prep H, I would not let it be known that I had just used it. I would go to the pharmacy alone and buy it and then I'd use it and then I'd hide it.

There are a lot of things that should go unseen, unnoticed and unheard.

I think couples, and perhaps society as whole, has gone, as VHR said, into the whole TMI thing.
    Last edited by broken9500; 03.08.10 at 01:23 PM.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

So this is something I've been thinking about for a long time, particularly the last few days and after a conversation at lunch, I have decided to bring the topic to the Links.

It appears to me that married couples share way too much and become way too comfortable these days.

For instance:

It doesn't seem to be very uncommon for one spouse to be showering in the tub while the other spouse is sitting on the toilet doing their business.

It doesn't seem to be very uncommon for a man to know when his wife/girlfriend's "aunt flo" is over either because she has him buy the products or because he takes the trash out and she leaves the soiled items in there in plain sight.

It doesn't seem to be uncommon for a husband to ask the wife to pop a zit or something on his back.

and on and on.

What is happening? To this day, I have no idea when my mother's aunt flo was over. There was no talk of such things. My father never went to the store for those types of things.

My father would NEVER even think of taking a crap in the same bathroom while my mother was taking a shower.

Hell, I don't even like putting on deoderant or trimming a nose hair in front of The Wife. I check the bathroom before I do a #2 because I don't want to have to ask her to get me toilet paper. When I'm doing #1, I try to pee quietly because I'm embarassed of the sound.

Call me old fashioned but personal hygeine and grooming and the entire excretory system are just that: personal and should be done back stage.

I'm bothered by the constant commercials for deoderant and feminine hygiene products.

What happened to the mystery? What has happened to privacy? My sister has told me that when she's in her time of the month, she actually disposes of the waste in the garage away from any trash can in the house so that her husband or kids don't have see it, even by accident.

Am I the only one who feels like this on here? Am I part of a dying breed? Was I just scarred by my crazy parents?

I dont know what's happening at your house but NONE of that stuff happens in mine. The last thing in the world I would let happen is for my fiance to take a dump while im showering.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    I dont know what's happening at your house but NONE of that stuff happens in mine. The last thing in the world I would let happen is for my fiance to take a dump while im showering.
    I'm not saying it happens in my house but I know it seems to be more of a norm in general than it should.

I will say this, every once in a while The Wife will say "stay in there" when I'm in the shower...I wonder what she's doing but I'm afraid to look.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'm not saying it happens in my house but I know it seems to be more of a norm in general than it should.

I will say this, every once in a while The Wife will say "stay in there" when I'm in the shower...I wonder what she's doing but I'm afraid to look.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Yes. I birth fly human hybrids while my husband is in the shower. He can't see this or I would have to kill him.

LV