Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default best source for might mite necks?

some one n the forum was telling me about a mighty mite neck dealer that hand picked them,so you dont get a bad one.anyone know the dealers name?

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmf5150 View Post
    some one n the forum was telling me about a mighty mite neck dealer that hand picked them,so you dont get a bad one.anyone know the dealers name?
    You actually wanna BUY a mighty mite neck?

Eruption
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:30 PM
    Liked 701 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmf5150 View Post
    It was in this thread:

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/mite...html?p=1131370

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    You actually wanna BUY a mighty mite neck?
    WOW! What's wrong with mighty mite necks? Can't beat 'em for the price - even the Birdseye figured necks. So far - for me anyway - they have always been decent quality for around $115-145.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.29.13 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    WOW! What's wrong with mighty mite necks? Can't beat 'em for the price - even the Birdseye figured necks. So far - for me anyway - they have always been decent quality for around $115-145.
    I like em!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by dtuner317 View Post
    I like em!!!
    I like the thickness and profile of the neck - feels natural. About the only issue I have with them is that the tuner holes are bigger than 10mm - I usually wrap a metal shim around the tuner to keep it tight before securing the set screw. Other than that, thumbs up!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mighty Mite necks are wonderful, and cannot be beaten for the price.

I would only buy them from this guy:

http://www.jcguitars.com/

http://stores.ebay.com/JCs-Guitars

He is the largest Mighty Mite dealer in the county (Mighty Mite's headquarters is in Illinois near JC's guitars, and I go to JC's in person all the time.) JC's necks are ordered from Mighty Might in huge batches, so they have the luxury of going through every one and making sure each neck is quality. Justin, the owner, goes over EVERY neck by hand, and makes sure the frets are leveled, etc. His prices are usually the best too.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:55 PM
    Liked 11,565 Times in 4,929 Posts

I have a Mighty Mite neck on my custom relic super strat....I love it.

JC Guitars is a great seller, I bought a body from them and I love that too.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Mighty Mite necks are wonderful, and cannot be beaten for the price.

I would only buy them from this guy:

http://www.jcguitars.com/

http://stores.ebay.com/JCs-Guitars

He is the largest Mighty Mite dealer in the county (Mighty Mite's headquarters is in Illinois near JC's guitars, and I go to JC's in person all the time.) JC's necks are ordered from Mighty Might in huge batches, so they have the luxury of going through every one and making sure each neck is quality. Justin, the owner, goes over EVERY neck by hand, and makes sure the frets are leveled, etc. His prices are usually the best too.
    thats who i was looking for,thank you guys!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

No more risk buying a Mighty Mite neck over any other reputable manufacturer/dealer. I've bought necks of all kinds, and I've come across the odd bum one. Usually the problems show up within the first two months of install. I've had three Warmoth necks to date that went sour. One developed a twist that was too severe to ignore and they replaced it, and two Tele necks developed backbow with practically no tension on the truss rods. This is despite that they were sealed and finished in satin nitro. I was lucky enough that my luthier could salvage one of them by removing the fretboard and using a steaming technique....I still have the neck, but I always equated these kind of flaws should only be found on cheapie necks. I learned this is not always the case.
    After all...it is a peice of wood, and sometimes you just get one that will do what it wants regardless of craftmanship, or what finish you put on it.

To put things in perspective, I have two real old Kramer necks. One is a mapleboard beak off an old Pacer, and the other is a rosewood banana from a Focus. Both necks came from absolute budget guitars, but both are among the most stable necks in my arsenal.
    Hell. The beak doesn't even have the truss adjustment nut on it anymore. Fell out years ago, but it's rock solid. I've never even had to adjust it in I'm not kidding 20+ years. Compare that to my Gibsons.....like twice a year on average when they get buzzy.
    In this day and age of CNC, there's very little margin for error in the maufacturing end. As long as the wood is properly kilned and seasoned, it really does'nt matter who's making it.
    If the wood is ornery though at birth, it'll be a motherfucker as it get's older!
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 03.08.10 at 11:36 AM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    No more risk buying a Mighty Mite neck over any other reputable manufacturer/dealer. I've bought necks of all kinds, and I've come across the odd bum one.
    I agree... I bought two necks - from a business that will remain unnamed - that cost around $300 ea. The first came with the fretboard markers filled with filler because they had an issue with their CNC machine ripping the wood - they replaced it. I currently have another neck from the same business with rear Floyd holes that will need to be fixed - not even close to lining-up.

A lot of money for inexcusable lack of quality control!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I agree... I bought two necks - from a business that will remain unnamed - that cost around $300 ea. The first came with the fretboard markers filled with filler because they had an issue with their CNC machine ripping the wood - they replaced it. I currently have another neck from the same business with rear Floyd holes that will need to be fixed - not even close to lining-up.

A lot of money for inexcusable lack of quality control!
    There will always be errors occasionally. That's unbelievable about the markers though. Sure sign they wer'nt maintaining their tooling. The Floyd holes though......Wow! That's such a simple thing to spot at inspection. That's just horrible. Like I said, I've bought pretty much across the range of price from different manufacturers, and just been lucky I guess not to see errors like you mentioned. This is stuff you commonly saw on cheaper parts in the late 80's, early 90's, but in the past ten years, their few and far in between. My problems have usually been wood selection related. I've only encountered one machine issue in recent date, and that was the frets were all too low down on the neck. That is, the entire fret pattern was out about an 1/8" of an inch forward, and the low E and G had no more room to adjust to intonate the guitar. They immediately asked me to send the neck back free of charge on their account, and 3 days later, I had a new neck overnighted to me, again free of charge waiting at the Fedex depot. Great service. When i opened the box, they gave me a letter with an explanation that something had occured with their machine, and because the error only really showed up when trying to intonate the guitar, they were very sorry for my inconvenience, and even through in a voucher for 20% off any future purchase. Nice touch!
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 03.08.10 at 12:17 PM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    When i opened the box, they gave me a letter with an explanation that something had occured with their machine, and because the error only really showed up when trying to intonate the guitar, they were very sorry for my inconvenience, and even through in a voucher for 20% off any future purchase. Nice touch!
    It's nice to see companies strive for a "Customer for Life" core value. If nothing more, it gets rid of the initial frustration and restores some trust!

For me, even if I would say it was JoeBobsCustomGuitarCenter that sold me the defective necks, there would be ten people saying how wonderful they are. I used to be a lot more forgiving purchasing items - but I think I've turned into a "expect the worst - hope for the best" buyer! THAT’ SAD!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

It's nice to see companies strive for a "Customer for Life" core value. If nothing more, it gets rid of the initial frustration and restores some trust!

For me, even if I would say it was JoeBobsCustomGuitarCenter that sold me the defective necks, there would be ten people saying how wonderful they are. I used to be a lot more forgiving purchasing items - but I think I've turned into a "expect the worst - hope for the best" buyer! THAT’ SAD!!!
    Yeah. I mean when I mentioned Warmoth by name on those three necks, it was by no means a slight against their product. Far from it. Over the years I've probably purchased no less than 75 or 80 necks of theirs, and only had significant problems with three, so given what I've learned over the years, that's a great track record. Now for the record, alot of those necks I bought through a local luthier friend's shop, so I had the advantage of personally inspecting the necks prior to purchase, so that's probably been a factor in my success, but I have chosen some necks new and old that went wacko that I have personally chosen. It happens. Climate can be a huge factor. I suppose we could all just move to Arizona, and remove that variability out of the equasion.
    BTW.......Warmoth is'nt the company that gave me the 20% off, so don't go thinkin' you will! Haha. YMMV though!
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 03.08.10 at 01:23 PM.