Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Operation Military Embrace Guitar Donation

As a Veteran of the War in Iraq myself I have taken great pride in building a guitar which will be auctioned off on March 22nd at the 2nd Annual Operation Military Embrace Charity Golf Tournament. I have been working on the body which has a portion of one of my uniforms that I wore in Iraq laminated to the face. I'm still laying on coats of clear and wet sanding until it is smooth which should be done sometime next week. I have to put the binding on and finish the neck. The headstock will get a Walnut inlay and the tip will be shortened where you can see the pencil line. I'm looking for a company here that can powder coat the hardware to a brownish-tan to go with the theme.
    I've got about $450 worth of hardware, electronics, and a case to buy so if anyone might be able to spare a few dollars for this very worthy project that is going to an even more worthy cause to PM me here or email me at kyle@divebombinc.com and let me know. I will include all names on the certificate included with the guitar.
    This is the site regarding the Operation Military Embrace Charity Golf Tournament: http://www.ome.dojiggy.com/
    This is the body and neck:
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

A newer pic:
    Divebomb, Inc.
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Kyle, that's WAY cool, man. Didn't know you were a vet. I'd LOVE to be a part of this even if it's a small one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DivebombInc View Post
    A newer pic:

it's beautiful, in more ways than one.

Is that a Kramer neck?

Lode, you need to post your masterpiece here..
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DivebombInc View Post
    A newer pic:
    what a fantastic gesture, i wish i had the time and skill to do something like this for my brothers in the millitary, theres nothing like it in this country, or at least there wasn't when i was wounded...there is a charity called help for hero's but if im honest, they are only really interested in high profile casualties (missing limbs) not the guys who almost lost a limb and took 8mnths to learn to walk again and lost 5 friends in the process!...but i digress.

great work Kyle and a fanastic worthy cause.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Thanks Everyone! Anything will help. The powder coating I'm looking at for the hardware is pretty expensive.

I did 8 years in the Army an spent '05 in Iraq.
    This is on top of one of Saddam's son's palaces about 2 years after it was bombed. I'm on the right:

This was the sign in my backyard:

This stopped our convoy:

This is me, on August... I was baking alive up there. MAN I MISS THAT!!!

I have thousands of pics... these are pretty cool.
    Last edited by DivebombInc; 03.05.10 at 11:26 AM.
    Divebomb, Inc.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just wanna say I think this is about the best cause for building a guitar I have ever seen!

And I also want to personally say thank you to you Kyle for serving our country. It's because of guys like you that we all can be free, and sit around and participate in this forum!

I'm gonna do some checking into some people that might be able to powder coat the hardware...

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Beyond awesome Man! If you could find someone to do that that would be big savings.
    Thank you for your words too. Believe it or not I have gone back and forth thinking about going back in. Every time I watch the news and see clips of Iraq and Afghanistan I have to stop myself. At 41 I'm still up for it, but I think about being away from my wife and kids now and change my mind.

They just called me and asked me to actually play in the golf tournament... that should be pretty funny. I'm better with an M4 than I am with a 4 iron.
    Divebomb, Inc.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

The photos are amazing, Kyle. (I'm talking of Iraq, specifically; though the guitar is also very cool.) I'll save the rant about how our television media does a terrible job covering the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, so I'll instead simply say your photos bring things much closer to reality. I'd love to see more. Post 'em in this thread if you wish.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Thanks AT!
    This is after a night Boat Op. Doing a little debrief. ... Yes I was in the Army... in the desert... on a boat! Last thing I would have thought of when I was on my way to Iraq. We patrolled the Tigris all around Tikrit, mostly at night.

This was my home for 6 months. The Wild West!
    Divebomb, Inc.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i served in Iraq although further south than you in Al Amarah, we had some pretty hot shit down there, and not just the weather, the locals got pretty damn hostile at times at one point we could only be re-supplied using armoured colums, we did on a couple of occasions get the use of some of your guys, a Spectre on one particular night operation (which was awesome!) and an F-16 dropping a 1000lb bomb on a mortar team for us was also pretty damn exiteing!....then i was sent to Afganistan serving with 1 Para (special operations support group) and thats where the shit hit the fan for me, during a routine patrol (still not allowed to say where and who with) we were ambushed by Taliban forces using DSHKE's and 85mm mortars, i was badly wounded and we lost 5 guys in the first couple of seconds. i then spent the better part of 18mnths in sellyoak millitary hospital recovering and learning to walk again, i still have a crap load of ironmongary in my legs now (pins n plates holding them together) and after i turn 40 i get to have new knee joints! i'll have to find my portable HD and upload some pics.

anyway Kyle thanks again for using your talents for such a worthy cause, although i'm not a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, i have plenty of brothers in arms that are andi know they all appreciate it.

Tom
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kyle -

I really want to chip in. I sent an email to your address and got a reply from somthing called "SpamArrest". Let me know if it's legit and I'll proceed. otherwise I'll just PM you. Thanks!
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

DLR era
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.29.13 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, that is a really awesome project.

I didnt know anyone here served. I myself never served but alot of people I went to HS with and acouple of cousins joined after 9/11 happen and alot of them didnt come back, but the few friends I have that are still in, say they couldnt see themselves doin anything else. I have a ton of respect for you guys and thank you for everthing you've done. Again cool project.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Wow Tom! Just goes to show you you never know who you're talking to. I made it back with no injuries beyond a burn on my arm which I bandaided myself, and my 50 rode up out of it's mount one time when I was gunning and in the dark I was trying to get it seated back in and crushed the tip of my index finger. Had three close calls, one when a rocket hit about 5 feet from the back of my Humvee which was really close, one when a mortar hit close enough to an OP I was in to take the wind outta my lungs, and the other when another rocket actually hit a pole in front of the building I stayed in and veered off enough to not come through the front door.
    The night boat ops were always a little tense, one side of the Tigris was cliffs so there was always the concern of a sniper up there.

Otis - that's my spam blocker. Just approve it or whatever it asks you to do and I'll get your email.
    Divebomb, Inc.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Very nice project indeed. Great cause. Not enough of them really.