Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default Trainer killed by whale at sea world Orlando

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...B2vS6GxUAntGFO

ORLANDO, Fla. — A female trainer was killed by a killer whale at SeaWorld’s Shamu stadium in Orlando, Florida on Wednesday, according to local reports.

Witness Victoria Biniak described the attack to local station WKMG, saying that the veteran trainer had just finished telling the audience about the show they were about to witness when the whale struck.

"The trainer was explaining different things about the whale..and then the trainer that was down there walked away from the window..and then Telly (the whale) took off really fast in the tank and he came back, shot up in the air, grabbed the trainer by the waist and started thrashing (her) around," Biniak told the station.

Biniak added that the attack was violent enough for the trainer’s shoe to fly off.

The Orlando Sentinel reported that Orange County Fire & Rescue responded at 2 p.m. local time to a report of a person who was not breathing.

Biniak told the station that the whale, named Tilikum, or Telly for short, does not typically have a trainer in its tank because it is too large.

WKMG reported that Tilikum is a nearly 30-year-old, 12,300-pound bull Orca.

Tilikum was previously involved in two fatal incidents. On February 21, 1991, the whale, then living at a location in British Columbia, Canada was involved in an incident that resulted in the death of 20-year-old female trainer Keltie Byrene.

Tilikum was moved to Orlando in 1992.

In 1999, a man who snuck into the park after closing time was found dead inside the whale’s tank.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz0gUWJ3SX6

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz0gUVWWyGQ

looks like this is the 3rd person this whale has killed...time to retire it and stop trainers going in the water with something they obviously cannot predict...better still release it into the wild
    Last edited by tommywho5150; 02.24.10 at 01:29 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...B2vS6GxUAntGFO

looks like this is the 3rd person this whale has killed...time to retire it and stop trainers going in the water with something they obviously cannot predict...better still release it into the wild
    I've always been quite bothered by the arrogance of humanity. They take this animals, absolutely gorgeous and stunning creatures, and tame them. They teach them to fetch and play catch for people's amusement all in the name of preserving the species and then become indignant when they actually act like what they are: killer whales. They can't send them back in the wild because they've had their brains scrambled so hey fuck it, they won't play nice so let's put it to sleep.

I really hope that's not what happens here.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

When I read the article I kept hearing Stewie's voice saying, "Victory is mine!!!!"
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I've always been quite bothered by the arrogance of humanity. They take this animals, absolutely gorgeous and stunning creatures, and tame them. They teach them to fetch and play catch for people's amusement all in the name of preserving the species and then become indignant when they actually act like what they are: killer whales. They can't send them back in the wild because they've had their brains scrambled so hey fuck it, they won't play nice so let's put it to sleep.

I really hope that's not what happens here.
    Let me run this by ya TLW member # 54987-6, aka (Broken9500).

Since the cucumbers were such a disaster last year, how about we get Tully and bring him to TLW this year to swim in the pool with us? Ya feeling me bro, is this the idea of ALL ideas right here, bro?

I know that Yance and Di are totally open for this shindig.

Unknown Person: "So, John Doe, how was TLW this year?"

Any TLW Member: "Dude, we had a fucking real live killer whale in the pool this year and it was throwning us up into the air and cool shit like that. I got it on fucking video man......................"

Unknown Person: "You had a killer whale? Man, are you sure?"

Any TLW Member: "Look you asshole, here is the video. Pete and Jake tried to wrestle the fucker and Tully chunked their ass over the fucking house man.....It was stelller bro....."

Yancey: "Umm next year people, NO MORE WHALES...go back to Cucumbers please, ya fuckers. You only thought the pool got cloudy with the cucumbers.....you outta see the whale shit in the bottom of the pool at the drain..."

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT AT TLW, WE LIVE LARGE WITH LARGE IDEAS!!!

HH<----Jason, I do agree with your post. Hate it for the trainer and really hate it for this poor whale. Tully did what Tully would normally do....--------
    Last edited by Hurricane Halen; 02.24.10 at 02:12 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post

Since the cucumbers were such a disaster last year, how about we get Tully and bring him to TLW this year to swim in the pool with us? Ya feeling me bro, is this the idea of ALL ideas right here, bro?

Any TLW Member: "Dude, we had a fucking real live killer whale in the pool this year and it was throwning us up into the air and cool shit like that. I got it on fucking video man......................"

Any TLW Member: "Look you asshole, here is the video. Pete and Jake tried to wrestle the fucker and Tully chunked their ass over the fucking house man.....It was stelller bro....."

Yancey: "Umm next year people, NO MORE WHALES...go back to Cucumbers please, ya fuckers. You only thought the pool got cloudy with the cucumbers.....you outta see the whale shit in the bottom of the pool at the drain..."

HH<----Jason, I do agree with your post. Hate it for the trainer and really hate it for this poor whale. Tully did what Tully would normally do....--------
    LOL @ the first part...not so much st the second...but Jason is spot-on with his depiction of the events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post

I'm absolutely with you on all counts...especially the bit about the trainer.

It's a real shame...seriously, a terrible terrible accident...especially since these trainers tend to absolutely LOVE their animal partners. I didn't mean to run right passed that aspect of this. Sigfreid and Roy come to mind when I hear stuff like this. The animal was just doing what the animal does. It's a shame that someone who loves it as much as I'm sure this trainer loved the whale had to die. I cheer all the time when animals kill bastards...like that tiger that ate those little pricks who were throwing stuff at it in that zoo in california a few years ago. The only tragedy in that story was that the tiger was killed afterwards. This is sad all around. The trainer died and now there's a chance the whale will be killed for doing nothing more than being a whale.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I'm absolutely with you on all counts...especially the bit about the trainer.

It's a real shame...seriously, a terrible terrible accident...especially since these trainers tend to absolutely LOVE their animal partners. I didn't mean to run right passed that aspect of this. Sigfreid and Roy come to mind when I hear stuff like this. The animal was just doing what the animal does. It's a shame that someone who loves it as much as I'm sure this trainer loved the whale had to die. I cheer all the time when animals kill bastards...like that tiger that ate those little pricks who were throwing stuff at it in that zoo in california a few years ago. The only tragedy in that story was that the tiger was killed afterwards. This is sad all around. The trainer died and now there's a chance the whale will be killed for doing nothing more than being a whale.
    Yeah, I've always had real mix emotions about wild animals being tamed in these types of settings. But, I have a hard time feeling sorry when they lash out and do what they NORMALLY would do in the wild. Not sure what animal trainers and management officals expect when someone dies at the mouths of these animals. I don't see how any of this is the animals fault.....but yet, they'll kill them for being, well.........normal.

A zoo, Sea World..............not a big fan of either.

HH<-----Just how I see this situation, but damn the kids love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #officialhashtaghater

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go Whales! This is what happens when you try to domesticate a wild animal.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

tragic...we really have no business using these animals for our amusement

read that second nypost article and you'll be shocked to see how uncommon these attacks really are! One trainer was attacked in three separate instances

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

i'm ok with using the animals for our amusement as long as they are treated well. Sucks that the guy died.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i'm ok with using the animals for our amusement as long as they are treated well. Sucks that the guy died.
    This whale killed a trainer in Victoria too. I don't know what to say. it's not like the whale has a deathwish or anything, but it's obvious this whale is'nt the kind that should be used for amusement. in this case, they should probably just try to rehabilitate it for the wild, and let it go, or at thae very least keep it in a non interactive exhibit. By that I mean no
    trying to ride it or swim and play with it. it's not the whales' fault. It's just doing what instinct is telling it to do. It's a big animal, and people are pretty fragile in comparison.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

that's why they don't call them "Cuddler" Whales

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Orca Whales......so like us.

Sounds like a sappy Discovery Channel show that explains the bond between Killer Whales and Humans!

HH<----Want a real entertaining Sea World show, train some freakin crazy Sea Bass. Leave the Orca's out of it------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #officialhashtaghater

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

The only whale to be in attendance at TLW has been a pasty white, fat-ass trucker; wearing a Cubs hat. This year, I hope to significantly downgrade to, at least, baby whale status.

Evidence of said sighting:

"Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

So....let me get this straight.

They're called killer whales.