Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I exorcised a demon today

I burnt the Jamie guitar to ashes. I had to. The person in my life I named this guitar after was not who she claimed to be, and I tried to paint over her. (search for this guitar in the threads on this forum)

I could not get paint to stick very well, and I was still reminded of who she claimed to be every time I looked at the body. While I feel connected to the neck, I don't feel quite the same way about the neck as I did the body.

It was a shame that I had to burn her, but I could not play this guitar anymore. While she sounded AMAZING, the person who inspired this guitar would come back and haunt me when I would play. I could only play this guitar in a crappy manner after the inspiration burnt me.

She was a Frankenstraat (or whomever supplied him, as I did not buy the body from Frankenstraat) mahogany body with a neat quilt veneer over top. The neck is a custom job that took entirely too long to get and had too many excuse-laden emails to go along with it. If I didn't have all the bullsh*t that wnt along with geting the neck, I would actually recommend this wanker, as is work is decent.

It felt good to see her burn. While it took a bit of time to get her burning, she finally provided about an hour of good flame in the fire pit. The four-piece body split up in the fire first, then she just went down well after some stoking. Seeing this guitar go away in the fire felt good. I kindled her with id-sensitive papers and leaves. This was a healing experience for me.

I will have a pic of what she looked like somewhat recognisable in the fire later.
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyman View Post
    I burnt the Jamie guitar to ashes. I had to. The person in my life I named this guitar after was not who she claimed to be, and I tried to paint over her. (search for this guitar in the threads on this forum)

I could not get paint to stick very well, and I was still reminded of who she claimed to be every time I looked at the body. While I feel connected to the neck, I don't feel quite the same way about the neck as I did the body.

It was a shame that I had to burn her, but I could not play this guitar anymore. While she sounded AMAZING, the person who inspired this guitar would come back and haunt me when I would play. I could only play this guitar in a crappy manner after the inspiration burnt me.

She was a Frankenstraat (or whomever supplied him, as I did not buy the body from Frankenstraat) mahogany body with a neat quilt veneer over top. The neck is a custom job that took entirely too long to get and had too many excuse-laden emails to go along with it. If I didn't have all the bullsh*t that wnt along with geting the neck, I would actually recommend this wanker, as is work is decent.

It felt good to see her burn. While it took a bit of time to get her burning, she finally provided about an hour of good flame in the fire pit. The four-piece body split up in the fire first, then she just went down well after some stoking. Seeing this guitar go away in the fire felt good. I kindled her with id-sensitive papers and leaves. This was a healing experience for me.

I will have a pic of what she looked like somewhat recognisable in the fire later.
    It's sad to hear that man. The bass player in my band saw pictures of the guitar when it was still in it's original blue state, and he loved the looks of it.

But I'm glad you are at peace with it all now. I had some one who was very special to me at one point paint a guitar body (she is an artist), and my relationship with her ended in disaster, so I know how you feel man.

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 152 Times in 87 Posts

It sounds like it was a cathartic thing to do...I too hope you can now get past that situation, and move on...good luck!!
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen brotha...i can relate..did the same thing, 20 years ago, but with Camera gear worth 12 000$ at the time....man, felt greath...but regreted it later on..LOL...things we do when we're drop dead stone..LOL

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rebuild the guitar with the burnt body.
    It'll look badass ... right jimi?

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    Unfortunately, Dino it sounds like Jamie is now nothing more than black ashes that bunnyman could only fill a nice, decorative, medium-sized urn with...

Sorry you had to do it, bunnyman... hopefully, you've put those demons behind you now.

Before Hendrix burned his Strat at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, he announced to the stunned (and by then, near deaf) audience "I gonna sacrifice something that I really love"... I think you can certainly relate to that.
    Last edited by jimi11580; 02.20.10 at 07:37 PM.
    WGAF?!!

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimi11580 View Post
    Sorry you had to do it, bunnyman... hopefully, you've put those demons behind you now.

Before Hendrix burned his Strat at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, he announced to the stunned (and by then, near deaf) audience "I gonna sacrifice something that I really love"... I think you can certainly relate to that.
    The thing is, now I can't wait to tell this person I burnt the guitar I built in her name. WTF!?!

I have to resist the urge to try and hurt this person with my recent action; probably wouldn't work...

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    If I could only piece the ashes beack together...

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    Amen brotha...i can relate..did the same thing, 20 years ago, but with Camera gear worth 12 000$ at the time....man, felt greath...but regreted it later on..LOL...things we do when we're drop dead stone..LOL
    The difference is that I could have never gotten one f***ing penny out of this guitar...

I was stone-cold sober when I set her ablaze.
    Last edited by bunnyman; 02.20.10 at 07:52 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    It's sad to hear that man. The bass player in my band saw pictures of the guitar when it was still in it's original blue state, and he loved the looks of it.

But I'm glad you are at peace with it all now. I had some one who was very special to me at one point paint a guitar body (she is an artist), and my relationship with her ended in disaster, so I know how you feel man.
    If I would have never put her name on it, I probably would not have tried to paint gold top over her or set her ablaze... That was the number one guitar until she did me wrong. That guitar did also spawn Cotton Candy, and she is alive and well!!!!

There is one good thing- she did inspire one of my personal favourite ballads: www.myspace.com/dougrogers

That is her playing both the lead and rhythm.

Yeah- it's a demo, and it was not of the best production quality.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Never name a guitar after a girl

Read the "Excorcised a Demon" thread to find out why...

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    It sounds like it was a cathartic thing to do...I too hope you can now get past that situation, and move on...good luck!!
    This has been brewing for awhile... I nearly set her ablaze in September, but it would have been very public. I set her ablaze in private and it was much, much, much more satisfying.

Thanks for the support.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyman View Post
    If I would have never put her name on it, I probably would not have tried to paint gold top over her or set her ablaze... That was the number one guitar until she did me wrong. That guitar did also spawn Cotton Candy, and she is alive and well!!!!

There is one good thing- she did inspire one of my personal favourite ballads: www.myspace.com/dougrogers

That is her playing both the lead and rhythm.

Yeah- it's a demo, and it was not of the best production quality.
    That's cool man!

With mine, for a while I was tempted to take all the hardware off of it and leave the body on her doorstep. I wanted to make sure I was never seen enjoying playing that guitar again, because I didn't like what it stood for. But it didn't haunt me in that way for very long -- I started to like the looks of the guitar again pretty quick, it just disgusted me about who painted it. And I did get some 'revenge' in my own way I suppose. I ended up tearing out all the electronics, throwing heavy gauge strings on there (which I never usually use), and I stuck an active EMG in there. So now it is my darkest sounding, 'heaviest' guitar that I play all of the drop C and 'heavier-than-vanhalen-songs that my band plays' on

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 07:14 AM
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Seemed to have worked out OK for this guy and "Lucille".....

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    That's cool man!

With mine, for a while I was tempted to take all the hardware off of it and leave the body on her doorstep. I wanted to make sure I was never seen enjoying playing that guitar again, because I didn't like what it stood for. But it didn't haunt me in that way for very long -- I started to like the looks of the guitar again pretty quick, it just disgusted me about who painted it. And I did get some 'revenge' in my own way I suppose. I ended up tearing out all the electronics, throwing heavy gauge strings on there (which I never usually use), and I stuck an active EMG in there. So now it is my darkest sounding, 'heaviest' guitar that I play all of the drop C and 'heavier-than-vanhalen-songs that my band plays' on
    My revenge is that it was played in show with my last band without letters on, then I put on some raised chrome letters from Auto Zone, then without letters and now the electonics are in Cotton Candy, who is named after a girl Jamie doesn't particularly like. Fans did ask where the letters went, as it was quite obvious they were ripped away from the guitar. Some fans knew "Jamie" and told her that the letters were gone. This has been brewing for awhile...

The neck could end up on my "Never Trust Strippers" guitar

I will probably not tell "jamie" that her guitar was put aflame. I was the one who "unfriended" her from myspace... But part of me still wants to tell her...