Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Line 6 Bogner modified w/ strymon

Looking for some advise. I have been chatting with a seller on Craigs List for a 1x12 Line6 Bogner which has been modded w/ a strymon setup (distortion/gain circuit board allows for better gain etc)

This seller wants $350 (no shortboard)

Feedback is welcome
    Does anyone have any knowledge of strymon ?
    Thanks in advance - CV
    Last edited by cav; 02.18.10 at 04:48 PM. Reason: n/a

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

06.04.11 @ 06:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    Looking for some advise. I have been chatting with a seller on Craigs List for a 1x12 Line6 Bogner which has been modded w/ a strymon setup (distortion/gain circuit board allows for better gain etc)

This seller wants $350 (no shortboard)

Feedback is welcome
    Does anyone have any knowledge of strymon ?
    Thanks in advance - CV
    Cav,

What are you wondering? About the Strymon mod or the price. I have a Spidervalve 112 but never got the mod. From what I've heard it definately adds to the tone of the amp by adding an additional preamp tube. That being said, $350 seems kind of high since Line 6 released the SV MKII the original SV112 have very little resale value. You will definately want to add the shortboard so that will be an additional cost. Have you tried the amp? Line 6 tries to cover all of the sound models but in my opinion they come up a little short. Like I said I have the amp and would probably try to sell it but for what I can get verse what I paid I'm keeping it for what it is a good extra amp but not my main one.

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by TopJoey View Post
    Cav,

What are you wondering? About the Strymon mod or the price. I have a Spidervalve 112 but never got the mod. From what I've heard it definately adds to the tone of the amp by adding an additional preamp tube. That being said, $350 seems kind of high since Line 6 released the SV MKII the original SV112 have very little resale value. You will definately want to add the shortboard so that will be an additional cost. Have you tried the amp? Line 6 tries to cover all of the sound models but in my opinion they come up a little short. Like I said I have the amp and would probably try to sell it but for what I can get verse what I paid I'm keeping it for what it is a good extra amp but not my main one.
    The Strymon has been added/modded to this SV L6 112 for a total price of $350
    I like the fact that L6 amps offer so many sounds, but I want the sounds and a true tupe amp sound as well.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    The Strymon has been added/modded to this SV L6 112 for a total price of $350
    I like the fact that L6 amps offer so many sounds, but I want the sounds and a true tupe amp sound as well.
    you can't unfortunaly have it both ways...Line6 amps can't sound like a true tube amp..i've tried them all..my friend is sale rep for Line6/bogner. there is SO MUCH electronic in there, they just made a tube powered one to get back in the market when SS amps took the way of the dinosaurs.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

06.04.11 @ 06:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I honestly think you would be disappointed with the amp, even with the Strymon mod. The effects on the amp are marginal at best. You will never get a true tube sound from it even with the Strymon. I would hate to see you spend $350 on the amp and then need the shortboard and external effects which will just add to the cost. It gets a lot of good to average sounds but falls short of getting that good tube sound. I too fell for the fact that it has so many sounds, but after the novelty of the sounds wore off I realized that a lot of average sounds doesn't compare to getting a few great sounds.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i use a line6 for smaller gigs where a stack or half stack isnt nessersary, if im honest the built in effects are terrible, they are far from subtle, the different amp models are ok and good enough but i find myself relying on my pedalboard to get the effects because the ones line6 offer are too over the top, i know a few people who have said this in the past regarding the spider valve too. if it was my money i'd go for the Blackstar HT-5 and run it through the P.A. along with my regular pedalboard....great tube tone, great price and you can crank the shit out of it for that all important power amp overdrive.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

Thanks Guys!

I have decided to pass on this amp. It's cool to have a place to have honest to goodness feedback on amps / guitars etc. Best CV