Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black One

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default The Black One

Okay I know no one here is really a Fender guy but me, so I will fill you guys in on the hottest ax that is due out. It is that idiot John Mayers Strat called the Black One.

The custom shop is only making 83 of them and the original selling point was supposed to be 6K now it looks like it is going past 10K because guys are looking like they would give up there first born for one.

The guitar is the ugliest piece of shit you ever seen and is actually a relic that he bought 5 years ago that they are re relicing if that makes sense. The post already has 77,000 views and the guitar is still not due out for six months.

Every dealer and die hard Mayer fan are working every angle to get one but money is not going to have nothing to do with it. 43 are going to the US and Canada and the other 40 the rest of the world. I keep on torturing them by telling them all the dealers are just going to keep them as it is just a collectors piece. But do the math there is not even one for every state.

Can someone explain this Mayer fixation, as he is the most ordinary player I have ever seen to make it this big. Besides his name causing an uproar on every forum the guy does not have any originality and plays as fierce as a Snow Lily.

If anyone cant sleep one night look on the Fender.com forums Ask Mike Eldred room for the craziest post you will read which ranges from a 17 yearold who's Father owns a chain of supermarkets to a really good guy from France named Alain that has a million dollar collection all trying to figure out how to get this ax.

This is the ax some of you talented guys here should be doing. Alain this is right up your alley.lol

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's just wrong...it's not like HE used it until it became a relic..he BOUGHT it that way!!!!...man, the former owner must be bitting his nails right now..LOL

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Wow! You say it could go for over 10? I'm not knocking him as I don't really know his stuff beyond the soft rock crap we have on at work, but from what I have heard, he's no Jimi Hendrix. Am I wrong to assume he's nothing more than a typical pop adult contempo kind of player? If so....How could this justify 10 bills? And you're right Alain.....A relic of a relic? I don't know what's worse. The fact that Fender would make this, or the fact that there's people lining up chomping at the bit to buy!
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    Wow! You say it could go for over 10? I'm not knocking him as I don't really know his stuff beyond the soft rock crap we have on at work, but from what I have heard, he's no Jimi Hendrix. Am I wrong to assume he's nothing more than a typical pop adult contempo kind of player? If so....How could this justify 10 bills? And you're right Alain.....A relic of a relic? I don't know what's worse. The fact that Fender would make this, or the fact that there's people lining up chomping at the bit to buy!
    Basicaly Mayers is a good player..but he's the Paris Hilton of musician..he's more in the tabloids for his dumb shit then his music.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Sad because Mayer is actually a kick ass guitar player. He can play the blues, man.

But having his own RELIC Strat?

I'd describe it as GAY but I don't want to aim any disrespect towards gay people by describing such a stupid concept as such.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    Basicaly Mayers is a good player..but he's the Paris Hilton of musician..he's more in the tabloids for his dumb shit then his music.
    Yeah. I mean I don't expect you to have to be a gunslinger on guitar to be decent, but this is the extent I know of him. More in tabloids, and who he's linked with, and that God Awful interview years back with Katie Couric calling yet another celeb a geek to his face.
    Hey....That's what we need...A Katie Couric Relic Strat! Shhhhh Don't give Fender any ideas!
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He became REALY famouns when he started banging Jennifer Aniston..lucky SOB..LOL

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He's an interesting musician, and a good guitar player, but I agree with what everyone has said so far... this limited run strat is ridiculous. I'd be all for him having signature guitars, etc., but this kind of thing for this kind of price is nuts.

On a side note, I read an interview with him a little while ago and he brought up like 2 or 3 topics that had been discussed almost to the letter and in detail in the VHlinks guitar room around the time of his interview. I wonder if he is secretly on here... I know he's a big VH fan... or maybe he just lurks the forums.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=mrjstudios;1243867I know he's a big VH fan... or maybe he just lurks the forums.[/QUOTE]

yep..

and he TOTALY suck at playing Ed's stuff...:P

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i don't really have a problem with Mayers playing in general and some of the footage i have seen of him playing at Eric Claptons crossroads shows is pretty good and pretty soulful, but i agree with Alain...he really sucks at playing Ed's stuff if that poxy cover of Panama is anything to go by, it's not like it's particularly difficult to play to a reasonable standard
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    He became REALY famouns when he started banging Jennifer Aniston..lucky SOB..LOL
    Haha! Yeah.

Get in Aniston.........Get in the tabloids.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts

Premium Member

Joe Bonamassa is twice the blues player with 5 broken fingers. Mayer is ok but does not deserve the accolades that are heaped upon him. Now his taste in women can't be argued.

Anyway I can't believe people will want to pay 10k for this guitar. Heck I think the Frankenstrat isn't worth 10k and that is one of the most famous guitars in history.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Joe Bonamassa is twice the blues player with 5 broken fingers. Mayer is ok but does not deserve the accolades that are heaped upon him. Now his taste in women can't be argued.

Anyway I can't believe people will want to pay 10k for this guitar. Heck I think the Frankenstrat isn't worth 10k and that is one of the most famous guitars in history.
    Must be a symptom of the relatively cashless society we live in these days. It's funny that people will blow this kind of cash without so much as a bat of an eye.
    I have a guitar player friend whos done very well musically, so he's not hurting with royalties coming in fairly regularily, but he blows shitloads of money, and he spends on everything pretty much exclusively via credit, Interac, and personal cheque.
    We razz him about it. "If you actually saw yourself laying down those bills in paper, you'd think twice!"
    It's funny, because when he gets bank statements, he's like "Where'd it all go?" Haha. 10k for a guitar....ain't no thang!
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 02.18.10 at 11:56 AM.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A John Mayer signature guitar? Really?

All of these "signature" models just shows a lack of innovation, IMO.
    I don't care how many signature models there are or who's name is placed on the headstock. At the end of the day ... it's just a Stratocaster.

And as far as this model being limited to 83 total pieces ...
    That only tells me that there is limited demand for such a guitar.
    I can actually see John Mayer himself owning 40 of those 43 guitars coming to the U.S.

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 152 Times in 87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by straycat113 View Post
    Okay I know no one here is really a Fender guy but me, so I will fill you guys in on the hottest ax that is due out. It is that idiot John Mayers Strat called the Black One.
    Is there anyone else but me that finds it ironic that, considering his recent racist statements in "Playboy", that his signature guitar is called "the Black One" ?!? You can't make this stuff up...............
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth