Thread: The Eleven Rack

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default The Eleven Rack

I've been hearing alot of good things about these units lately. They are suppose to be the "Bomb". Anyone checked one out yet?

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/eleven_rack/

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...862&langid=100
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Last Online

01.22.16 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

I looked hard at it in all of the Demo's. In the Demo's they did for the rollout, it sounds pretty good. Some of the other demo's on youtube don't sound as good. I've also read some mixed reviews but more have been positive than negative. It cheaper than the fractal. I'm going to watch it for a while and see how it progresses. They are very backordered right now from what I understand, so if you want one, it may be a while.

In a few years though, I think these are going to be where everybody is going. They are getting close and they are certainly more mobile and have more sound variety.

Favorite VH Album

I love them all, even VH III
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls is up there.
    Last Online

05.05.10 @ 06:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, that does look pretty sweet!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IF it lives up to the hype, the 11R, a tube power amp, cabinet and midi controller could be the ultimate in flexible live rigs.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Thanks for the input guys.. I think I need to take my gutiar in and play thru one. A question I have is running this thru an amp. Is it better to have a transparent amp signal? I know there are issues with some tone of these types of units.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian View Post
    Thanks for the input guys.. I think I need to take my gutiar in and play thru one. A question I have is running this thru an amp. Is it better to have a transparent amp signal? I know there are issues with some tone of these types of units.
    It would seem that a more transparent signal would be preferable, no? Let us know how it goes. I'm extremely interested in this.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

I got an eleven rack today. $799.00 online. After 30 minutes or so I am very impressed. I almost got the fractal, but I decided to get this one because it was not as complicated. I need to play more not play around more if you know what I mean. I used the brownsound preset, added in the 7 band EQ, boosted the mids and it was pretty darn close. The plexi model is basically dimed in this preset. I cut back just a bit on the bass. I'm playing it right now through the poweramp side of my old AVT. Works fine. Its certainly a step above the podfarm.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.16.11 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    IF it lives up to the hype, the 11R, a tube power amp, cabinet and midi controller could be the ultimate in flexible live rigs.
    That's a interesting point! I've been reading alot about the Eleven as years ago I had a DigiTech 2112 and playing through a tube poweramp really made it sound better than thru solid poweramp (or PA!) - it would be interesting to hear how the Eleven compares with 12+ years extra technology (and how it's cab emulations compare straight to PA and then turning them off and going through a tube power amp/cab)

The 2112 was great for doing some home recording etc but was harder to get a good sound when using live. Alot came down to my inexperience gigging with a preamp modeller/power amp/cab but the Sweetwater demo on using Eleven live shows how powerful and flexible the technology is now, like easily splitting to PA and a guitar/keyboard amp as a monitor and trusting that the sounds will be closer

hmmm, will be interested to see reviews/comments - and will start working on my wife for an allowance

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by joegrgas View Post
    That's a interesting point! I've been reading alot about the Eleven as years ago I had a DigiTech 2112 and playing through a tube poweramp really made it sound better than thru solid poweramp (or PA!) - it would be interesting to hear how the Eleven compares with 12+ years extra technology (and how it's cab emulations compare straight to PA and then turning them off and going through a tube power amp/cab)

The 2112 was great for doing some home recording etc but was harder to get a good sound when using live. Alot came down to my inexperience gigging with a preamp modeller/power amp/cab but the Sweetwater demo on using Eleven live shows how powerful and flexible the technology is now, like easily splitting to PA and a guitar/keyboard amp as a monitor and trusting that the sounds will be closer

hmmm, will be interested to see reviews/comments - and will start working on my wife for an allowance
    thats exactly where I sit now, I have a 2112 and DHP-55 through two tube amps (yes tubes make a huge diff) would love to hear the 11rack through my rig.

back in the late 80s early 90s, I had a digitech contact and got these before they hit the general market and at cost... I keep thinking its time to upgrade my pre-amp, but I still like my sound.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I have read on some forums that the QSC K12 is the way to go with the eleven rack. Several people recommended it??
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Metalhead View Post
    thats exactly where I sit now, I have a 2112 and DHP-55 through two tube amps (yes tubes make a huge diff) would love to hear the 11rack through my rig.

back in the late 80s early 90s, I had a digitech contact and got these before they hit the general market and at cost... I keep thinking its time to upgrade my pre-amp, but I still like my sound.
    Yeah, the 2112 gave me a lot of enjoyment! I eventually switched in some Electro Harmonix tubes and it sounded awesome (but it always sounded good)

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm reading more and I'm getting more impressed by the minute with the Eleven. One thing that 2112 did (but Guitar Rig doesn't without a non intuitive workaround) is mono output if just playing into a single amp/speaker. Very important if using a patch with stereo effects.

Just read on the digidesign site that a firmware update now caters for this if only using one output - really good if you want to play straight into a single miced cabinet.

I use Guitar Rig/Logic and love it but it's really setup for a studio. On the NI forums people are always saying it should be run through a PA and/or 2 active speakers etc but sometimes this isnt practical,affordable or simple. It's like Guitar Rig is setup for home tinkerers or full blown pros but the 'weekend warriors' need to work a bit harder to get it to do what they want.

The Eleven seems quite intuitive - I like the little practical touches on the back - in the fx loop it says something like 'in toggle, rack fx, out toggle stompbox fx'. Built for people what want to spend more time making music!

Also love the fact that it comes with Pro Tools LE - wish it was around a couple of years ago!

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

I've had mine for a few weeks now and I can say I love it. I playing it through a slave in on a Laney amp most of the time. I like it because I can get sounds I like quickly and I am more focused on playing now rather than searching for a sound. It is very guitar/pickup sensitive. Each guitar sounds different on each patch. The plexi model gets a good brown tone with an EQ in front and the amp dimed. The Solo 100 model is unreal. But, the amps that really kinda blow me away are the old fenders.

I'm learning pro tools now, which I guess could be a good thing. The other thing this thing has shown me is how variable the recording environment is. Picking different mics and different mic angles makes a big difference in the sound.

Now all I need to do is practice much much more.

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

a guy has 3 on ebay , new, 100 bucks off (799).

god I hate to spend money like that right before a vegas trip lol
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Every review I have read is that it sounds better than the line 6 ,but doesn't compare to the axe-fx.they claim the axe-fx feels like your laying through a real amp....