Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default When will the new wolfgang pickups be available??

anyone know when the new wolfgang pickup will be up for sale?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.18.15 @ 11:41 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I just emailed EVH Consumer relations and they told me hopefully by the end of April.

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 602 Times in 392 Posts

everybody wants some!!
    i want some too!!
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheVanlaing View Post
    I just emailed EVH Consumer relations and they told me hopefully by the end of April.
    Great news. I e-mailed EVH a few weeks ago and they told me they wouldn't know anything till the end of February.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Great news. I e-mailed EVH a few weeks ago and they told me they wouldn't know anything till the end of February.
    This is how Company Market their products when it's based on a very small Client base. EVHGear will wait to get a large order in place to then deal with the manufacturer a cost price. once they have their cost price per unit, they will determine their retail price..then actual sale price. Remenber the "material" to make a humbucker on a large scale is under 20$. Profit on Pick-up is VERY big.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    This is how Company Market their products when it's based on a very small Client base.
    "Very small client base"? What exactly do you consider a "very small client base"?

EVHGear will wait to get a large order in place to then deal with the manufacturer
    Those pick-ups are currently being manufactured by Fender for EVH Gear, there is no deal to be made- it's already made.
    Last edited by jimi11580; 02.11.10 at 05:51 PM.
    WGAF?!!

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimi11580 View Post
    "Very small client base"? What exactly do you consider a "very small client base"?

Those pick-ups are currently being manufactured by Fender for EVH Gear, there is no deal to be made- it's already made.
    A Very Small Client base, means these Pups will be marketed for Ed's guitar playing Fans, is pup is more likely to sell less then say a Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro or a JB, or even a PAF.. As for a Deal..not neccessarly. Even if Fender is making them, they will want a minimum order from EVHGear to secure a run of pick-up. This first run will most likely determine cost and sale price. They did the same thing for the Guitars, the amps, etc etc. Every new Product goes trought that process. So 1000 pups will cost this...5000 will cost you this...10 000 this..etc etc. Same with guitars, they made a first run, small number, price of production is XXX..since they seemed to sell, EVHGear will decide to go for a second run, if they order say 5000 and the first run was 1000, then the new run will cost less for EVH, so that means more profit for them.

Eruption
    Last Online

A Very Small Client base, means these Pups will be marketed for Ed's guitar playing Fans, is pup is more likely to sell less then say a Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro or a JB, or even a PAF..
    Well, that's a given that the Wolfgang P/U will sell less that the most popular Seymour Duncan model, but again, why do you think Ed's guitar playing fans constitute a "very small client base"?

As for a Deal..not neccessarly. Even if Fender is making them, they will want a minimum order from EVHGear to secure a run of pick-up. This first run will most likely determine cost and sale price. They did the same thing for the Guitars, the amps, etc etc. Every new Product goes trought that process. So 1000 pups will cost this...5000 will cost you this...10 000 this..etc etc. Same with guitars, they made a first run, small number, price of production is XXX..since they seemed to sell, EVHGear will decide to go for a second run, if they order say 5000 and the first run was 1000, then the new run will cost less for EVH, so that means more profit for them
    You are applying the principles of a normal business marketing model to a situation you are obviously not familiar with. I don't think you actually understand the inter-relation EVH Gear has with FMIC, nor are you aware of the contractual agreements Ed arranged/dictated with FMIC. Fender made a lot of concessions and special arrangents in order to sign Ed up and keep him happy and I'm sure they regret many of them.
    He tells them what he wants, not the other way around... trust me.
    WGAF?!!

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimi11580 View Post
    Well, that's a given that the Wolfgang P/U will sell less that the most popular Seymour Duncan model, but again, why do you think Ed's guitar playing fans constitute a "very small client base"?

You are applying the principles of a normal business marketing model to a situation you are obviously not familiar with. I don't think you actually understand the inter-relation EVH Gear has with FMIC, nor are you aware of the contractual agreements Ed arranged/dictated with FMIC. Fender made a lot of concessions and special arrangents in order to sign Ed up and keep him happy and I'm sure they regret many of them.
    He tells them what he wants, not the other way around... trust me.
    So you're saying you are aware of all the details, please, explain away!. I realy doubt FIMC Needs Ed to make money. I would even go as far has to say HE probably knocked at their door to get a new sponsorship at some point. As to the Client base, it IS small compared to a "standard" client base in the music industry, say the Strat, Tele, or even Les Paul market. If you want to think otherwise, i'm not telling you to.

PS..I worked for 18 years in marketing/advertising with B2C and B2B companies in all spectrum of products. So i know a thing or 2 about sponsorship. What's said in press releases and the media is at best, a small % of what the actual dealings were when deals were made.
    Last edited by al3d; 02.11.10 at 06:39 PM.

Eruption
    Last Online

So you're saying you are aware of all the details, please, explain away!.
    I don't know "all the details" anymore than you know the projected or actual sales figures for the those pick ups, but I do know enough, that I absolutely stand by what I said: Ed is in a position to make policy and demands to FMIC relating to the sales and marketing of the products bearing the EVH name and logo as per contractual agreement.

I realy doubt FIMC Needs Ed to make money. I would even go as far has to say HE probably knocked at their door to get a new sponsorship at some point.
    You could say that all day and all night long and you'd still be wrong, big guy.

As to the Client base, it IS small compared to a "standard" client base in the music industry, say the Strat, Tele, or even Les Paul market. If you want to think otherwise, i'm not telling you to.
    Smaller?, of course, but "very small"?, please.

PS..I worked for 18 years in marketing/advertising with B2C and B2B companies in all spectrum of products. So i know a thing or 2 about sponsorship.
    I'm delighted your were gainfully employed for all those years, but you've failed to dazzle me with your knowledge about sponsorship.

What's said in press releases and the media is at best, a small % of what the actual dealings were when deals were made.
    Which is PRECISELY why you don't know the actual agreements and just how far Fender went to sign Eddie.
    WGAF?!!

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You realy entertain Jimi.......

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Okay then. New EVH pups most likely in April. Question answered. Closing this.