Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.07.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Default Eventide ModFactor

Does anyone on here own or have played through an Eventide ModFactor? I was wondering if you can achieve the same type of chorus EVH used in his Eventide Rack System with this stomp box. It also has a lot of cool other features to it...

check it out...

Last edited by WeaponX24; 02.07.10 at 03:15 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you are referring to Ed's Eventide H3000 harmonizer that he used in the 90's, it was NOT a chorus effect he used. It was a very slight but effective detune.

You'll want to check out the Eventide Pitch Factor to get that kind of effect.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

really...so Ed never used Chorus...I could swear I could hear some chorus in there....interesting. So what setting would it be under in the Pitchfactor?
    Last edited by WeaponX24; 02.07.10 at 04:09 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX24 View Post
    really...so Ed never used Chorus...I could swear I could hear some chorus in there....interesting. So what setting would it be under in the Pitchfactor?
    I think he used it on some select songs, like cabo wabo. But as far as I know, all of the hagar albums, and even most of the roth albums used detune on almost every single song. The difference is how much detune was in the mix. The roth albums had a bit less in there.

The MicroPitchshift setting on the eventide Pitch factor can be tweaked (I think) to what Ed used in the 90's, plus that pedal comes with tones from the older Eventide rack boxes, so you should be able to dial in older Ed tones (aka, 5150 and 1984).

I'm planning on getting a Pitchfactor eventually.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

i was checking out ebay earlier and teh prices are cheaper then retail. I think the average price on ebay is $499.00...retail from the eventide website is $579.99. I am definitely thinking about picking one of these bad boys up. I bet it would sound bad ass with my 5150 III!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts

I'm weary of getting one for my 5150 combo. I haven't had good results using chorus or detune with it. The only detune I've used is the one on the TC Electronic G-Major, though, so perhaps the Eventide would be a different experience.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i was checking out ebay earlier and teh prices are cheaper then retail. I think the average price on ebay is $499.00...retail from the eventide website is $579.99. I am definitely thinking about picking one of these bad boys up. I bet it would sound bad ass with my 5150 III!
    Ya man, I'm sure those are top notch. I'd have one already, but the only thing holding me back is the $$$. I have a Digitech 2120 rackmount unit that can do all of the same detuning (although it colors the sound a little differently), plus it can do tons of other great effects. But it costs about the same as the Pitchfactor, and I already have it.... so no pitchfactor yet.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    I'm weary of getting one for my 5150 combo. I haven't had good results using chorus or detune with it. The only detune I've used is the one on the TC Electronic G-Major, though, so perhaps the Eventide would be a different experience.
    Did you run the detune on a separate cab, so you had both a dry cab and a 'wet' cab with the effects in it? That makes a HUGE difference.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

He used actual chorus very little on album, and to my knowledge never in his live rig. Cabo Wabo is a good example of chorus , and if I recall, that was a TC Electronics unit, and was added post recording to add depth yet retain the tightness, as he recorded the amp in a closet in 5150 with his Schecter Tele/Villager 12 guitar, because his harmonizer did'nt track as well on the 12 string. (the naturally octaved notes of the dirty 12 string caused glitching.) Very unique sound. It was always pretty much the 949 or 3000 harmonizer overall for recording. The 949, has a slight sweepiness to the sound, where as the 3000 had much quicker tracking.
    I've played through the Pitchfactor, and you can get these sounds easily.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 02.08.10 at 07:50 AM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

cool...what settings do you use for it?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ha! I could'nt tell you! It's a friend of mine's unit. He dabbled with it while I was playing, and he showed me the differences between the older style and the newer. On my old Eventide 949, for VH stuff I used a 2-cent detune, or point 98. I set the input and feedback just enough to get it sounding fat. Great old unit, and the Pitchfactor is definately my next purchase. Just a great unit.
    cool...what settings do you use for it?
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.18.15 @ 11:41 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I've got one of the Eventide Pitchfactors and with very little effort through the right equipment you can cop the Hagar era tone. The H3000 is the Carnal Knowledge and Balance tones to a tee and the 949 is 5150 and OU812.

Its a bad video but here is one I made of me playing through a 5150III head and cabinet with a Kramer replica from DivebombInc with the Pitchfactor on the H3000 setting.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    I've been using the TC Electronic G-Major for detune effects on my band's mixes with good results. It's not the EVH tone we're familiar with, but it is a good unit. I pan the dry track hard left and the detuned (-5 cents) and very slightly delayed track hard right.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Eventide pedals.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheVanlaing View Post
    I've got one of the Eventide Pitchfactors and with very little effort through the right equipment you can cop the Hagar era tone. The H3000 is the Carnal Knowledge and Balance tones to a tee and the 949 is 5150 and OU812.

Its a bad video but here is one I made of me playing through a 5150III head and cabinet with a Kramer replica from DivebombInc with the Pitchfactor on the H3000 setting.
    wheres the video?