Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default Ex boyfriend sets woman up for rape using craiglist !

WTF this is just diabolical

Feb 6, 4:21 PM EST

Internet rape case jolts Wyoming city

By BEN NEARY
    Associated Press Writer

CASPER, Wyo. (AP) -- Authorities say a Wyoming woman was assaulted at her front door, raped at knifepoint in her living room and left bound on the floor, and they say one of the men charged in the brutal attack claimed that he thought it was invited.

Two men are accused in the crime. One is charged with carrying out the rape. The other, the woman's ex-boyfriend, stands accused of posing as the victim online and claiming she harbored a rape fantasy and wanted to be assaulted.

The case in the central Wyoming city of Casper, population 54,000, illustrates that middle America isn't immune to the dangers of Internet anonymity and predators who target victims through online ads that hint at sex and prostitution.

Prosecutor Mike Blonigen, the Natrona County district attorney, declined to comment on the specifics of the ongoing rape case. But he said Internet cases generally pose a challenge to law enforcement.

"Tracking down who's involved is relatively difficult," Blonigen said. "It's pretty easy to set up a false identity in cyberspace, so that's always an issue. And of course, they have to make some overt act to actually accomplish any of these things. We're not the thought police."

In the Casper case, Blonigen's office has charged Ty Oliver McDowell, 26, of Bar Nunn, a Casper suburb, with three counts of first-degree sexual assault, one count of kidnapping and one count of aggravated burglary. Jebidiah James Stipe, 27, a Marine based in Twentynine Palms, Calif., is charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree sexual assault.

Lawyers representing McDowell and Stipe declined comment.

A few days before the Casper woman was raped, she had complained to the Natrona County Sheriff's Department that someone had made a false Craigslist posting about her, including photographs and personal information. The ad read, "Need a real aggressive man with no concern for women," authorities said.

Craigslist took the advertisement down when the woman complained. Yet prosecutors say it was posted long enough to catch the attention of McDowell, a medical technologist.

According to a statement filed in court by Natrona County Sheriff's Deputy Todd Sexton, McDowell waived his right to remain silent and talked to deputies investigating the case.

"McDowell admitted to going to the victim's residence ... and having sexual contact with (the woman) to fulfill a 'rape fantasy' for her," Sexton wrote.

McDowell told investigators that he had corresponded with a person he thought was the woman at an e-mail address featured on the advertisement, Sexton wrote.

However, prosecutors charge that McDowell was actually communicating by e-mail with Stipe, the woman's former boyfriend. They say Stipe posted the ad to set the woman up for the attack without her knowledge.

The San Bernardino County (Calif.) Sheriff's Department on Dec. 16 arrested Stipe, a private first-class in the U.S. Marine Corps then stationed at Twentynine Palms. A spokeswoman for the Marine Corps said Stipe enlisted in July 2001 and, "was being processed for administrative separation as a result of a pattern of misconduct at the time of his arrest."

The Casper case is one of several sex crimes to grab headlines recently in which the Internet linked perpetrators and victims. Law enforcement officials around the country also have in the past accused Craigslist of promoting prostitution.

Scrutiny of Craigslist increased significantly when prosecutors in Boston last year charged that former medical student Philip Markoff used Craigslist to arrange a meeting with masseuse Julissa Brisman. He's accused of shooting her to death last April and of attacking other women he met through the site.

In 2008, Craigslist agreed to tighten its adult services advertisements as part of an agreement with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and with the attorneys general for 43 states and territories, including Wyoming.

Under the agreement, Craigslist started requiring a working telephone number and charging a small credit card fee for each such ad.

"Requiring credit card verification and charging a fee to post in this category raises accountability to a point where we expect few illicit ads will remain," Craigslist CEO Jim Buckmaster said in November 2008 in a joint statement with the state prosecutors and the children's center.

Craigslist didn't respond to an e-mail sent to their San Francisco headquarters seeking comment on the Wyoming rape case, although a company phone message requests that press inquiries be made by e-mail.

Blonigen, the Casper prosecutor, said Craigslist was cooperative with Wyoming investigators.

"I would prefer that they maybe not run these ads," Blonigen said. "You know somebody's going to do it even if they don't."

Wyoming State Sen. Tony Ross, R-Cheyenne, is a criminal defense attorney and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the state Legislature. He said the committee may have to consider whether state law is up to the challenge of dealing with sexual predators who prowl the Internet.

"The world is changing so rapidly here, particularly with regard to Internet, cyber crimes, and things like that, that we're going to see a whole new evolution of law, it seems to me," Ross said.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

OH. MY. GOD!! Holy shit, there are some seriously fucked up folk out there. Seriously, do some guys find the only way they can get it up is to have to force a woman?

I can not imagine the fear in her mind then, or now having to live with being afraid to answer her own door. I hope they go down for a long time and she manages to find a way to live with this. Cos she will never get over it, thats for sure. Bastards!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I'm torn on the guy that did it - I mean, he thought that he had been talking to her, and that that was her fantasy, and there are women that have that fantasy. On the other hand, I imagine that she had to be protesting, and he should've probably been able to tell that that wasn't play acting.

As for the ex-husband, he needs to be set up for some good ol' prison rape.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    As for the ex-husband, he needs to be set up for some good ol' prison rape.
    Wonder if craigslist has a category for that.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    and there are women that have that fantasy
    This is unrelated to this particular case, but I withdrew from a college English class once after the first week of classes, because we were assigned a short story called "Rape Fantasies". I believe the story was actually included in the textbook. The class was argument-based research or something like that, but at that time, I was going through a serious religious crisis and had been wondering whether I wanted to attend a state-supported school versus a Christian college. Anyway, this reminded me of that. I'm still trying to figure out why that particular short story was assigned, as it and the instructor, a female, were both creepy as hell.

And if some women actually do have rape fantasies, that's pretty much screwed-up, as well.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

05.09.15 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Weird. I just saw a Law & Order SVU episode that was very similar to this story.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:40 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Just when I thought the human race couldn't sink any lower.....
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

can you imagine the rapists point of view? he thinks he is going to go see this woman for some kinky tryst....and now he's a rapist....at what point he finally figured out it wasn't acting out a fantasy, who knows, but two lives are damaged

that ex boyfriend is purely evil

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    can you imagine the rapists point of view? he thinks he is going to go see this woman for some kinky tryst....and now he's a rapist....at what point he finally figured out it wasn't acting out a fantasy, who knows, but two lives are damaged

that ex boyfriend is purely evil
    That was my thinking when I read the article. One second he thinks he is involved in some kinky fantasy and the next he is a rapist. In hindsight one probably shouldn't be using Craigslist to source their extra-curricular activities. Too many unknowns.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150 View Post
    That was my thinking when I read the article. One second he thinks he is involved in some kinky fantasy and the next he is a rapist. In hindsight one probably shouldn't be using Craigslist to source their extra-curricular activities. Too many unknowns.
    and that's really the crux of the issue from the guy's standpoint. If a guy wants to play along with some kinky chick's fantasy, he needs to find a better way of getting in touch with such women. There are plenty of fetish clubs, balls and swinger clubs and groups that can help hook all that up. I would never hook up with someone on craigslist like this.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    and that's really the crux of the issue from the guy's standpoint. If a guy wants to play along with some kinky chick's fantasy, he needs to find a better way of getting in touch with such women. There are plenty of fetish clubs, balls and swinger clubs and groups that can help hook all that up. I would never hook up with someone on craigslist like this.
    Or at least meet her ahead of time to make sure it is legit. Who just takes an internet conversation at face value and shows up and takes part in this type of thing without qualifying the situation first?
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 18,172 Times in 8,981 Posts

The ex-boyfriend needs to have his balls cut off with a spoon.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

That is fucked up on so many levels I don't even know where to begin...
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150 View Post
    Or at least meet her ahead of time to make sure it is legit. Who just takes an internet conversation at face value and shows up and takes part in this type of thing without qualifying the situation first?
    no shit...go out for coffee...plan it out. Who does that kind of shit?! Idiots.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

I have little compassion for the rapist. The ex-boyfriend should be killed or placed behind bars until he dies. He can choose.