Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Wet/Dry rig set up ?

Hey who can help me triyng a new rig set up....I don't know much about the wet / dry set up but I have a 5150 3 head and cab and also have a 5150 combo....Can anyone walk me through setting up using the combo as a load box....What are the advantages....I love my 5150 3 but just wanted to to try something new.....Thanks ahead of time......Derek
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.20.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not sure what you mean by "load box"?

Checkout some of Steve Morse's vid's. He runs a wet dry rig. Typical set up is that you split you signal early. Use a good splitter. I have use the Morely George Lynch Tripler in the past, stay away, as it kills tone. I have had good success with stuff from Radial and Voodoo Labs.

Regardless, the dry signal would go into the 5150III (option of a volume pedal before the preamp). Wet signal would go into a volume pedal then into your various effects up front, delays and reverbs in the loop of your 5150 combo. When effects are desired, step on the volume pedal of 5150 combo to mix in your desired amount of effects...

Hope this helps, let me know how if goes...

Eruption
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

With your amp, the best way would be for you to take the send from the 5150 III's effects loop and feed it to a delay, or whatever effect. . .then from the effect's 'out' go into the 5150 combo's loop return. What you are doing here is taking the preamp signal of the 5150 III and coloring it with delay (or whatever effects, chorus, pitch, etc), and then sending it to the power amp of the combo. So, the effected signal is going to be coming out of the combo, but not the 5150 III.

I use a similar w/d set up on occasion. I take the line out of my Bogner 101b, and send it to a Roland SDE-3000 delay, then into a HHV800 poweramp, which powers a second 4x12. So, the dry Bogner tone is coming thru one 4x12, and the delay tone is coming out of the second 4x12. Sometimes, I'll throw some chorus or slight pitch shift onto the line out as well (before the delay).

EVH does the same thing, however, he sends one delay to one side (right) and a different delay to the other side (left). His dry tone is in the middle. W/D/W.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.