Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Slash

Blog from Slash
    Today at 6:55pm
    Hey, how is everybody?
    Things are ramping up towards the release of my solo record, there's a lot of cool shit going on.

But, more importantly, there is the George Lopez's "Help Haiti Benefit" show at the Nokia Theater tomorrow night. I am performing a couple songs with Beth Hart. Who, if you are not familiar with her is a 1st rate blues/R&R singer/song writer. But go to click here for the list of special guests & click here to get tickets.
    Raising cash for devastated Haiti has to be at the forefront of everybody's minds right now & will need to be for some time so we can help them rebuild.

On another note, Ernie Ball, Guitar Center & I have a couple new campaigns, the details of which are at ernieball.com & yournextrecord.com. I'm really into the idea of inspiring young guitar players & discovering new talented R&R bands & unleashing them unto the world. Up & coming Rock & Roll talent is getting largely overlooked in the business these days & I want to change that.

Also, I want to announce that Myles Kennedy is going to be fronting the band for the upcoming tour. Something I'm really stoked about. Myles sang a killer track on the record & I think he is by far one of the best Rock & Roll singers out there today. I'm really honored & proud to be working with him. I will announce the other band members shortly.

Lastly, we're starting to route the tour. I want all my fans to follow me on Twitter & tell me what city/country they're from & to tell all their friends & family in that city/country, who are fans, to do the same. I want to get a really good idea on where my fans are, even the obvious major cities & focus the tour around that. So if you're from Alaska or Zimbabwe or anywhere in between I want to hear from you. Follow me at Twitter.com/slashhudson

That's it, I'm excited about the new record & about the band I'm putting together for the tour. I've been jamming around town with everybody & their brother for the last year & I can't wait to get out & do my own show finally. It's going to be a gas.

See you soon,
    Slash iiii|; ),

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

02.09.16 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very cool!!! I'm glad to see Myles doing his thing while the guys do the Creed thing.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I thought that Creed thing went away as fast as it came....

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

02.09.16 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From what I hear Creed is going back out after Alter Bridge 3 is done being recorded and after the tour the new AB cd will be released and the a AB tour

Eruption
    Last Online

01.05.16 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I guess that Slash still being in Velvet Revolver I guess the appropriate place to put this would be here, but his new solo album I think is just killer. Even the artists that some like to hate on (Fergie, Kid Rock, Adam Levine) have all put down some killer tracks on this album. Great diversity here, not the same song over and over, from acoustic to thrash.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    I enjoyed watching Fergie shake her ass to SCOM!!! I mean, who cares what she sounds like.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.06.16 @ 08:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KU and VH forever!! View Post
    I guess that Slash still being in Velvet Revolver I guess the appropriate place to put this would be here, but his new solo album I think is just killer. Even the artists that some like to hate on (Fergie, Kid Rock, Adam Levine) have all put down some killer tracks on this album. Great diversity here, not the same song over and over, from acoustic to thrash.
    The album does sound pretty solid, from what I've heard, but it's nothing earth shattering. It has some fun songs, but most of them I find average at best. I really like about 4 songs but many of the songs I get tired of halfway through. Very repetitive. For the record, the 4 songs I really do enjoy are "By The Sword" with Andrew Stockdale, "Starlight" with Myles Kennedy, "I Hold On" with Kid Rock, and "Beautiful Dangerous" with Fergie. And since Fergie was being discussed. Here's a link to that song. If Slash is smart, and I know he is, he'll make a video for this song with Fergie shaking her ass in tight leather all over the place. That's sure to sell a few copies.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Picking this one up today.

Slash made the album he wanted to make, with who he wanted to make it with.

Elephant balls.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.06.16 @ 08:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post

Elephant balls.
    I love Slash, but HE seemed to play it pretty safe with this album to me. The songs are quite simple and he used a couple pop stars to appeal to the masses. Not sure that that takes elephant balls.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post

Elephant balls.
    not to derail but I can't help but ask...does this mean Ed had elephant balls as well? VHIII was the record he wanted to make and he made it with the people with whom he wanted.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    not to derail but I can't help but ask...does this mean Ed had elephant balls as well? VHIII was the record he wanted to make and he made it with the people with whom he wanted.
    Yup. Maybe more so. The VH brand name was more established then Slash and his solo career. Slash really has nothing to lose if this album only moves say...200,000 units.

And Faldor, I don't believe he played it safe at all. Are you implying that because he got a couple of pop/mainstream artist to sing on this record that it will get a big push from fans of those singers? Possible I guess. I personally don't see it as being some crossover album appealing to a lot of folk's that like popular/radio friendly 'hits'. My daughters are fans of both( as am i ) and they said they would have no interest in picking up this album for that reason.

Oh and...i was told it doesn't come out till tomorrow.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i'm not a big slash fan. his working with pop singers or whatever isn't all that strange or unheard of. Look at him sitting in with Michael Jackson.

It seems pretty logical, natural and to be expected.

It may lose him some cred points with metal heads or whatever but does Slash have any cred points left with that crowd?

Slash is sort of like Dave Navarro in that he's into the whole celebrity/mainstream scene.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.05.16 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I do not understand the knock on Slash on having "pop singers" on this album. To me, the vast majority are hard rock singers on this album. Yeah, Fergie is on here but she is singing outside of her element, and Adam Levine is a popular singer but his song here is not a bad change-up in the context of the album. Ian Astbury? Ozzy? Myles Kennedy? Chris Cornell? Lemmy? Kid Rock perhaps a popular singer but certainly not in the purest sense of the word. Andrew Stockdale? Iggy? M Shadows? Now this Rocco DeLuca I have never heard before so that tells me that he is not exactly popular, as of yet. To me, this is a type of fun album that will either make you a believer or a critic. One review I read said that Slash was just making an album with this old sleaze buddies and not much else. Really?? I see his heroes and generation after him on this album way more than his peers on this list.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 18,172 Times in 8,981 Posts

The previewed a little of each song today on the radio, sounds pretty damn good.

Might have to pick that up.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I do not understand the knock on Slash on having "pop singers" on this album. To me, the vast majority are hard rock singers on this album. Yeah, Fergie is on here but she is singing outside of her element, and Adam Levine is a popular singer but his song here is not a bad change-up in the context of the album. Ian Astbury? Ozzy? Myles Kennedy? Chris Cornell? Lemmy? Kid Rock perhaps a popular singer but certainly not in the purest sense of the word. Andrew Stockdale? Iggy? M Shadows? Now this Rocco DeLuca I have never heard before so that tells me that he is not exactly popular, as of yet. To me, this is a type of fun album that will either make you a believer or a critic. One review I read said that Slash was just making an album with this old sleaze buddies and not much else. Really?? I see his heroes and generation after him on this album way more than his peers on this list.
    that's a pretty strong lineup of singers...
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.