Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Leif Gerrett busted for Heroin...again..

standing on a subway platform, all junked out in front of everyone..
    how fucking sad...

LOS ANGELES - Former teen idol Leif Garrett was released on bail on Wednesday, after being arrested and booked for heroin possession by police who saw him "shaking and sweating" on a subway platform, a law enforcement spokesman said.

Garrett, a 1970s child actor and pop star whose disco-era hits included "I Was Made for Dancing," was arrested on Monday when police approached him on a subway platform in Los Angeles because he was exhibiting "pronounced symptoms" of drug dependency, such as "shaking and sweating," said Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. sheriff.

Officers searched Garrett and found he possessed heroin, Whitmore said. The actor is due in court on February 24 to face charges in the case.

A spokeswoman for Garrett did not return calls.

Garrett, 48, has battled drug abuse for years, and in 2006 he was arrested for possession of heroin and sentenced to 90 days in jail after opting out of drug treatment.

In the 1970s, he covered songs like "Surfin' U.S.A." and "The Wanderer," and regularly was featured on the covers of teen magazines like Tiger Beat.

In 1998, a number of his songs were compiled and released in an album, "The Leif Garrett Collection." Most recently, he had a supporting role in 2005 film "Popstar," playing a janitor.
    Last edited by LOC; 02.03.10 at 04:42 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Yup. Take a good, long look at him, boys.

Invest wisely.

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

It's amazing in what can happen to people.

Hopefully, he can pull himself together.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

AW! So sad, he used to be SUCH a DOLL......Did y'all see the Behind The Music with him??? I think a BIG part of his addiction has to do with the wreck he and his friend had. It paralyzed his friend. I don't think Leif has forgiven himself for it, and I dunno...maybe using the drugs to cover up his pain......

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie5150 View Post
    AW! So sad, he used to be SUCH a DOLL......Did y'all see the Behind The Music with him??? I think a BIG part of his addiction has to do with the wreck he and his friend had. It paralyzed his friend. I don't think Leif has forgiven himself for it, and I dunno...maybe using the drugs to cover up his pain......
    Or maybe just that being a teen idol tends to fuck with your marmalade.

The list is long and illustrious.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Or maybe just that being a teen idol tends to fuck with your marmalade.

The list is long and illustrious.

Maybe...it seems to me that it ruined his life that he was a teen idol as well.....I had a pink shirt with his face on it that I wore all the time when I was 5. (That was before I discovered VH )

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Not to make excuses for Mr. Garrett, but he's a perfect example of what's wrong with our draconian drug laws. He should be in a heroine/methadone maintenance rehab program and not jail. Just as thousands of other addicts should be. It's a waste of our police and court systems time and resources to prosecute and incarcerate someone with his health condition.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Sadly he'll probably overdose soon. They all do.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    Not to make excuses for Mr. Garrett, but he's a perfect example of what's wrong with our draconian drug laws. He should be in a heroine/methadone maintenance rehab program and not jail. Just as thousands of other addicts should be. It's a waste of our police and court systems time and resources to prosecute and incarcerate someone with his health condition.
    I was thinking the same thing. The cops see this guy and millions other sitting there with doing the junkie shake and the guy ends up in jail. It just seems moronic. What crime did he commit? So he had some heroin on him. Big deal. Dropping him in county for the night isn't going to do anything for him or for our world.

If our society thinks it's such a big deal then he should be in a clinic getting help and treatment. If our society doesn't care then he should be left on the corner to wallow in his addiction until he fucking dies.

Why bother with jail?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The cops see this guy and millions other sitting there with doing the junkie shake and the guy ends up in jail. It just seems moronic. What crime did he commit? So he had some heroin on him. Big deal. Dropping him in county for the night isn't going to do anything for him or for our world.

If our society thinks it's such a big deal then he should be in a clinic getting help and treatment. If our society doesn't care then he should be left on the corner to wallow in his addiction until he fucking dies.

Why bother with jail?
    The article above says they have tried to put him in rehab and he keeps walking out. You can keep a person in prison but the way our laws are, you can't keep them in rehab.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    The article above says they have tried to put him in rehab and he keeps walking out. You can keep a person in prison but the way our laws are, you can't keep them in rehab.
    i'm not exactly sure our government should play a role in forcing sobriety upon people. I think if we're going to try and be a compassionate people then yeah, if the cops see a junkie on the street they can offer them a ride to a clinic. Maybe if said junkie is causing a nuissance, they pick him up and drop him off at a clinic and we have a law written into the book that if the cops drop you off then you have stay for 72 hours or something like that.

But at that point, I think it's up to the individual. If they are hell-bent on living a junkie life, let 'em. Arrest them for breaking a real law if they do...if they mug someone, rob a liquor store whatever and then put them on trial for breaking a law while under the influence and throw the book at them.

otherwise, let them sit there and do the junkie shake all night long. It just seems like arresting this guy was a complete waste of time and effort. he wasn't doing anything.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That would seem to be fair enough, mandatory 72 hrs in a clinic so that if they feel they have hit rock bottom, it might be the time they start to turn their life around. I would much rather spend money trying to help an addict then just locking them away. I doubt there would be much difference in cost.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    i'm not exactly sure our government should play a role in forcing sobriety upon people. I think if we're going to try and be a compassionate people then yeah, if the cops see a junkie on the street they can offer them a ride to a clinic. Maybe if said junkie is causing a nuissance, they pick him up and drop him off at a clinic and we have a law written into the book that if the cops drop you off then you have stay for 72 hours or something like that.

But at that point, I think it's up to the individual. If they are hell-bent on living a junkie life, let 'em. Arrest them for breaking a real law if they do...if they mug someone, rob a liquor store whatever and then put them on trial for breaking a law while under the influence and throw the book at them.

otherwise, let them sit there and do the junkie shake all night long. It just seems like arresting this guy was a complete waste of time and effort. he wasn't doing anything.
    Are you unaware that it is against the law to use or possess drugs? They are breaking a real legitimate law. Or are you saying it shouldn't be?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheInside1985 View Post
    Are you unaware that it is against the law to use or possess drugs? They are breaking a real legitimate law. Or are you saying it shouldn't be?
    um yeah, I'm well aware of posession laws and I think they should all be struck down.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.