Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Al Qaeda poised to try major attack in United States within 3-6 months

Al Qaeda is almost "certain" to try a major attack on the U.S. in the next three to six months, intelligence chiefs warned Tuesday.

"An attempted attack ... is certain, I would say," Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair told a Senate hearing on terror threats.

Al Qaeda still wants to hit the U.S. with a massive assault, but drone strikes against its leadership in Pakistan's tribal turf have hurt its ability to launch terror attacks on the scale of 9/11, which killed almost 3,000 people.

"Complex, multiple cell-based attacks could still occur, [but] we are making them very difficult to pull off," Blair said.

"The biggest threat is not so much that we face an attack like 9/11. It is that Al Qaeda is adapting its methods in ways that oftentimes make it difficult to detect," CIA Director Leon Panetta said.

Blair also disclosed publicly for the first time that Al Qaeda has eyed destroying the D.C. Metro subway system.

One plot unfolded in the Christmas Day attempt to blow up a Detroit-bound plane with 289 people aboard. The Senate Intelligence Committee fenced with FBI Director Robert Mueller and Blair about why alleged underwear bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was read his Miranda rights instead of being treated as an enemy combatant.

Abdulmutallab, an Al Qaeda in Yemen recruit, then asked for a lawyer and clammed up instead of coughing up more intelligence.

But Blair said the Nigerian suspect is now talking again - which Mueller confirmed.

"We got good intelligence," Blair said. "We're gettin' more."

Another attack was averted last fall, when alleged "core" Al Qaeda operative Najibullah Zazi, an Afghan immigrant who went to high school in Queens, and at least two accomplices bought bomb-making materials.

Blair said the probe of Zazi in New York and Denver "has not yet revealed the intended target[s] of this alleged plot."

New York City cops found multiple identical backpacks during searches of Queens apartments during the rush to stop a possible 9/11 anniversary attack - likely against the city.The Queens imam accused of tipping off Zazi that he was under investigation, meanwhile, is getting ready to cop a guilty plea. Ahmad Wais Afzali, a former informant for the NYPD Intelligence Division, faces up to eight years in prison for lying to FBI agents when they quizzed him about his alleged betrayal.

"We are hopeful of being able to resolve this short of a trial," federal prosecutor Berit Berger said in Brooklyn Federal Court.

Defense lawyer Ron Kuby declined to discuss the specifics of the plea negotiations.

"There is such a thing as an offer you can't refuse," Kuby said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,355 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Great.

Why can't these idiots just realize that it does no good to try this shit?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 1,391 Times in 763 Posts

Uh, dude, they think that'll get them into heaven. Problem is, when they find out there's no heaven, it's too late, they can't come back to tell the other guys it was a scam!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,355 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Uh, dude, they think that'll get them into heaven. Problem is, when they find out there's no heaven, it's too late, they can't come back to tell the other guys it was a scam!
    I mean 72 virgins is rather tempting however living sounds better to me. Any religion that shuns bacon can kiss my ass.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'll give this article the same reaction I gave the Vanity Fair deal...

Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Oooops
    Last edited by stilleddiesangel; 02.03.10 at 06:05 PM. Reason: wrong damn thread.. shouldnt have 2 windows open!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,243 Times in 1,359 Posts

seems to me that warnings of attempted terrorist activity will just be a part of the American zeitgeist........we'll learn to live with it the same way we stockpile iodine pills for nuclear accidents, and water supplies for hurricane season.

please take off your shoes and place them in the basket

it's the new age

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I'll give this article the same reaction I gave the Vanity Fair deal...

I don't follow. Why is that your reaction?
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    I mean 72 virgins is rather tempting however living sounds better to me. Any religion that shuns bacon can kiss my ass.
    Sigged.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Donor

I can never see the logic used by the tax folk on housing there. You use your own money to improve your own home, paying tax's on goods and services you use along the way to make it nice, and the bastards penalise you for it and tax you again!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    I can never see the logic used by the tax folk on housing there. You use your own money to improve your own home, paying tax's on goods and services you use along the way to make it nice, and the bastards penalise you for it and tax you again!!
    Angie...you drinking again?
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    I don't follow. Why is that your reaction?
    i just think the whole "live in fear" and "they're trying to destroy our way of life" things are tired and pathetic. This morning it was all about that hearing being a "sobering reminder" of the reality we live and 9/11 this and Detroit that and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Who is to say any of it is actually legit? obviously 9/11 was legit but these "intelligence" findings that say an attack is "certain" to come in the next few months...who's to say it's not completely made up?

In the end, if someone is going to harm our nation, they are going to do it. Just like if someone is hell-bent on breaking into my house, they are going to do it. Yes we need to lock our doors and do what we can to protect ourselves. Obviously. However, I think there's something behind these publicized announcements that they're coming for us. Call me a conspiracist or whatever but that's how I see it.

Of course these savages want to see our way of life destroyed. Sometimes I want to see our way of life destroyed.

Why are they announcing to the people that they think an attack is coming? Are they trying to stir up fear? Are they trying to cover their ass in case something goes down? To me it's all bullshit....just like when they say that the Patriot Act has squashed X number of attempted attacks. How the hell am I supposed to believe the accuracy of that? What's more, if they know it's coming, they should be able to stop it shouldn't they? So why announce it at all? Why not wait until after the attempt and then say "HA! Chaulk up another one for the good guys! We foiled their plot yet again!"
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    i just think the whole "live in fear" and "they're trying to destroy our way of life" things are tired and pathetic. This morning it was all about that hearing being a "sobering reminder" of the reality we live and 9/11 this and Detroit that and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Who is to say any of it is actually legit? obviously 9/11 was legit but these "intelligence" findings that say an attack is "certain" to come in the next few months...who's to say it's not completely made up?

In the end, if someone is going to harm our nation, they are going to do it. Just like if someone is hell-bent on breaking into my house, they are going to do it. Yes we need to lock our doors and do what we can to protect ourselves. Obviously. However, I think there's something behind these publicized announcements that they're coming for us. Call me a conspiracist or whatever but that's how I see it.

Of course these savages want to see our way of life destroyed. Sometimes I want to see our way of life destroyed.

Why are they announcing to the people that they think an attack is coming? Are they trying to stir up fear? Are they trying to cover their ass in case something goes down? To me it's all bullshit....just like when they say that the Patriot Act has squashed X number of attempted attacks. How the hell am I supposed to believe the accuracy of that? What's more, if they know it's coming, they should be able to stop it shouldn't they? So why announce it at all? Why not wait until after the attempt and then say "HA! Chaulk up another one for the good guys! We foiled their plot yet again!"

If that's how you feel then that's how you feel. I'm not gonna try and debate that. But to me you sound incredibly cynical.

I think Al Quida have been plotting their next attack since 9/12/01. Maybe I'm naive but yeah, I do believe it's the great work of our Intelligence that has kept us from more attacks for the past 8 1/2 years. I absolutely believe we've ruined one plot after another.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I'm well aware that these pricks want to kill me, thank you.

Fuck them. I won't live in fear of them, no matter how badly the GOP wants me to. Fuck them all.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150 View Post
    Angie...you drinking again?
    Sorry peeps, my head is screwed tonight and I keep putting replies in the wrong places.

On the subject, however, it plays to not get complacent. Something we learned over and over in the UK over the past 4 decades.

Be aware, always be vigilant of people putting wierd shit in garbage bins, around cars etc. We grew up learning this stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]