Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

07.09.10 @ 10:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default new floyd rose model

they're hand made, here in the USA and the NEW about it is that they're made of titanium and are extremely light.. according to this video richie sambora and evh got one. and at this point there are only 4

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.23.14 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're gonna be expensive. My guess is they will be over a $1000.00 each.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhh.......I think expensive is the key word here. Beautiful workmanship and finish though. Good ol' Roman showing it off. Wonder how much they'd cost through his shop? I called him recently about a guitar on his site ( I never do, but it piqued my interest....I know...I should know better!) and I swear to god, I almost dropped the phone when he quoted me the price! Ed's a nice guy and all, but his prices are absolute ass rape!
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I dont know as I never did any buisness with him but he is either loved or hated. Has a great shop or you cant touch a thing and everyone is lazy and clueless. There is no in the middle with what I hear about him.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by straycat113 View Post
    I dont know as I never did any buisness with him but he is either loved or hated. Has a great shop or you cant touch a thing and everyone is lazy and clueless. There is no in the middle with what I hear about him.
    I don't want to stray from the thread too much here, and my only mention of him was in relation to price, and weather or not he's going to have some exclusivity deal with FR for a while but, in all honesty, I hav'nt had any bad discussions with Ed. He can be a bit short on the phone, but hey....at least he answers the phone! His staff is exceptional in my dealings. Their very prompt, and courteous. I've never bought a guitar from them because they're are just waaay to expensive, but I have bought original Type I TransTrem parts, as he's pretty much the only guy to really go to for original forged pieces, because I got burned on Ebay once too many.
    There's guys on here who have had terrible dealings with Ed though, but I'm not sure what transgressed.
    My personal opinion is I can't bust his balls for trying to make a buck, but in all honesty his prices are beyond any logical reasoning.
    My hope is these units will be available on the mass, and even better through the VH Store! Hint, Hint. My guess is what another poster stated, at around $1.000.00, to $1.200.00. I've got experience buying Titanium, and mercy me......it be expensive. I think this will be a pretty short lived item. The cost really doesn't outweigh the benefits IMHO. Wow....a slightly lighter guitar! And titanium for transfering sound? Eh.....It's no better than any other tried and true medium.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

price will surely be WAY over 1000$...floydrose upgrades wich sells it's stuff for VERY good prices compared to others have the saddles only and it's 750$..titatium stings blocks, 40$, big block, 440$, see where i'm going here.....and iT's still missing parts..

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    price will surely be WAY over 1000$...floydrose upgrades wich sells it's stuff for VERY good prices compared to others have the saddles only and it's 750$..titatium stings blocks, 40$, big block, 440$, see where i'm going here.....and iT's still missing parts..
    Yeah. As soon as that titanium badge is used, the price is in the stratosphere. I used to subcontract for a dirtbike frame builder, and I had to buy titanium tubing. Just raw unfinished stock was 300% to 500% depending on grade, higher in price than 4130 Chromo. It's super light and rigid. In the rigidity area, I can see a benefit over standard forged Floyd models. I have 4 or 5 original Floyds, and most of them have a noticeable warp on the plate on the arm side, so when you have the trem flush to the body, the bass side hits, and the treble side is a touch higher. Not a huge deal, but over time with regular use it's evident. The cast Floyds made by Schaller did'nt exhibit this mainly because the plate is thicker, and because being casted into a molded shape from the molten stage, then hardened through an annealing cycle, it's resistant to deformation, but the compromise there is that because the metal is relatively pourous below the surface finish, the hardened saddle hex screws tended to strip the threads in the plate. Would'nt happen with titanium.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Overkill. Too exspensive. No tone difference.
    Stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Thats awesome though. Looks sweet.

Really as much as a EVH disciple I am and love all that stuff I prefer the Ibanez Edge line of floyd rose licensed trems by far to the original.

Regardless 1k + for a tremolo is nuts. So what are the benefit? Less corrosion, wear and what? they saying it has better sustain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    Stupid.
    I would think worse tone, ya it is strong as a mofo... but to me, lighter never meant better when it comes to a bridge/trem.
    looks sweet though
    Last edited by Mikey Metalhead; 02.01.10 at 07:50 PM.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Metalhead View Post
    I would think worse tone, ya it is strong as a mofo... but to me, lighter never meant better when it comes to a bridge/trem.
    looks sweet though
    Believe it or not, boys, it does make a difference. I recently tested a titanium big block on one of my Floyds. The result was increased sustain, resonance, the harmonics became more defined, the overall tone was slightly brighter and the guitar just sounded "tighter".
    And although it may be counter-intuitive to everything we've been told about mass being better for sustain and sound transfer, the lighter weight titanium actually improved the sound. I liked it better than the brass, stainless steel and tungsten trem blocks that I also tested.
    Since the titanium block is lighter than other blocks, I actually had to tighten the trem claw screws all the way until the claw itself made contact with the body in order for the bridge to remain "flush" with the body.
    An unexpected consequence of that action was that the trem block itself was now resting against the trem cavity. So, in effect, I now had three direct contact points of the hardware with the wood (bridge plate, trem block and trem claw). This created a sort of continuous "signal chain" for sound transfer.
    Last edited by jimi11580; 02.02.10 at 01:15 AM.
    WGAF?!!

Last Online

07.09.10 @ 10:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i wonder how long it'll be, after EVH slaps this thing on one of his many wolfies, how many people will go after that 'trend'
    idk if it's me but in the video for some reason it reminded me of the fr pro that's on the ebmm axis

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killahound22 View Post
    i wonder how long it'll be, after EVH slaps this thing on one of his many wolfies, how many people will go after that 'trend'
    Rest assured- at those prices and with that limited availability, it will not be a very "trendy" trend.
    WGAF?!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    Thats awesome though. Looks sweet.

Really as much as a EVH disciple I am and love all that stuff I prefer the Ibanez Edge line of floyd rose licensed trems by far to the original.

Regardless 1k + for a tremolo is nuts. So what are the benefit? Less corrosion, wear and what? they saying it has better sustain?
    I've paid over a grand for a trem but it was a Steiny Trans Trem Type II. Totally different animal, and IMHO an engineering marvel. A Floyd, nice as it is, is still just a hot rod of a vintage design albeit much more reliable and precise.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

I got the lucky opportunity to buy a Floyd rose speedloader made out of solid alumimum a while back. Floyd had made a handful of them in his shop in Redmond. All the parts are solid aircraft grade aluminum including the nut. I am building a guitar for it. I will post it when it is done.