Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 2009 Eclipse Awards

For those of you who follow horseracing like I do. The Eclipse Awards were given out Monday night. I always look forward to these every year. I only hope that my husband and I are fortunate enough to have a horse that get nonimaed for one of these. Welllllll I can dream can't I?

2009 Eclipse Awards Voting

By The Associated Press Jan 18, 11:23 pm EST

• Voting for the 2009 Eclipse Awards, announced by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association. The awards are voted on and presented by the NTRA/Equibase, Daily Racing Form (DRF) and National Turf Writers Association (NTWA). Number represents first-place votes from members.
      Two-Year-Old Male
      Lookin At Lucky, 209; Vale of York, 17; Buddy?s Saint, 2; Noble?s Promise, 2; D?Funnybone, 1; Jackson Bend, 1.
      Two-Year-Old Filly
      She Be Wild, 171; Blind Luck, 41; Hot Dixie Chick, 17; Awesome Maria, 1; Biofuel, 1; Tapitsfly, 1.
      Three-Year-Old Male
      Summer Bird, 225; Mine That Bird, 4; Blame, 1; I Want Revenge, 1; No Vote, 1.
      Three-Year-Old Filly
      Rachel Alexandra, 232.
      Older Male
      Gio Ponti, 184; Einstein (BRZ), 18; Kodiak Kowboy, 16; Macho Again, 5; Furthest Land, 2; Rail Trip, 2; Well Armed, 1; Voter Abstentions, 4.
      Older Female
      Zenyatta, 231; Icon Project, 1.
      Female Sprinter
      Informed Decision, 222; Ventura, 6; Game Face, 1; Indian Blessing, 1; Music Note, 1; Diamondrella, 1.
      Male Sprinter
      Kodiak Kowboy, 118; Zensational, 54; Dancing in Silks, 43; Fabulous Strike, 9; California Flag, 6; Vineyard Haven, 1; Voter Abstentions, 1.
      Male Turf Horse
      Gio Ponti, 206; Conduit, 22; Presious Passion, 3; Court Vision, 1.
      Female Turf Horse
      Goldikova (IRE), 172; Ventura, 41; Magical Fantasy, 7; Midday (GB), 7; Pure Clan, 3; Forever Together, 1; Voter Abstentions, 1.
      Steeplechase Horse
      Mixed Up, 209; Red Letter Day, 3; Voter Abstentions, 20.
      Horse of the Year
      Rachel Alexandra, 130; Zenyatta, 99; Voter Abstentions, 2; No Vote, 1.
      Outstanding Owner
      Godolphin Racing, 61; Mr. and Mrs. Jerome S. Moss, 56; Juddmonte Farms, 40; WinStar Farm, 38; Stonestreet Stables and Harold McCormick, 15; Augustin Stables, 7; Michael Gill, 6; Darley Stable, 3; Zayat Stables, 2; Heiligbrodt Racing Stables, 1; Midwest Thoroughbreds, 1; Voter Abstentions, 2.
      Outstanding Breeder
      Juddmonte Farms, 157; Adena Springs, 44; Dolphus Morrison, 16; Maverick Productions, Ltd., 3; WinStar Farm, 3; Eugene Melnyk, 2; Darley Stable, 1. Voter Abstentions, 6.
      Outstanding Trainer
      Steve Asmussen, 130; John Shirreffs, 57; Jonathan Sheppard, 19; Bob Baffert,10; Saeed bin Suroor, 5; Bobby Frankel, 4; Jerry Hollendorfer, 2; Hal Wiggins, 2; Todd Pletcher, 2; Voter Abstentions, 1.
      Outstanding Jockey
      Julien Leparoux, 122; Garrett Gomez,46; Ramon Dominguez, 45; Calvin Borel, 13; Mike Smith, 3; Kent Desormeaux, 2; Russell Baze, 1.
      Apprentice Jockey
      Christian Santiago Reyes, 93; Luis Saez, 48; Luis Batista, 47; Inez Karlsson, 8; Michael Straight, 4; Omar Moreno, 3; Jose Vega, 3; Tony Maragh, 2; Casey Papineau, 1; Angel Serpa, 1; Voter Abstentions, 21, No Vote, 1.
      Award of Merit and Special Award
      Award of Merit: William S. Farish of Lane?s End Farm.
      Special Award: Monique Koehler, founder of race horse rescue programs.
      Media Eclipse Awards
      Photography: Jeff Taylor, The Winchester Star, "Rider Thrown"; March 9, 2009.
      Writing-Feature/Enterprise: Joe Drape, The New York Times; April 30, 2009.
      News/Commentary: Sean Clancy, The Blood-Horse, "Life?s Work"; January 3, 2009.
      National Television: Live Racing: ESPN, The Belmont Stakes on ABC; Mike McQuade, Producer; June 6, 2009.
      National Television: Feature: NBC Sports, "The Story of Mine That Bird, 50-1"; Rob Hyland and Jack Felling, Producers; May 16, 2009.
      Local Television: WLKY-TV- Louisville, Ky. "Tom McCarthy"; John Boel and Scott Eckhardt, Producers; April 29, 2009.
      Audio and Multi-Media Internet: ESPN Radio, The 2009 Kentucky Derby; John Martin, Producer; May 2, 2009.

Updated Jan 18, 11:23 pm EST
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Good to see you again Sunya....hope your well.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, doin' well. Hope things are well with you also.

I couldn't believe that Rachael A. beat Zenyatta by such a wide margin. I thought which ever horse won it would be a much closer race. Both ladies of racing sure deserved it. I'm glad that they are keeping Zenyatta in training and are going to race her a few times this year. It's good to see the Moss' understand that racing need some heros, well in this case a heroine, to keep more interest in the sport.

Owners take their horses out after 3 years to breed them and no one gets to know who the really great ones are anymore unless they are a real standout. But then they fade so fast for the publics memory. Use to they would race the horses for 5-7 years before the would breed them. I know the longer they race the bigger chance there is they might get hurt. But the biggest reason is the money isn't in racing the horse, it's in breeding the horse. And let's face it, life is all about the cash.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.