Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.07.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Default OLD SCHOOL VAN HAGAR INTERVIEW!!!

Pretty cool interview with Eddie and the fellas...Kinda funny watching it and seeing how Ed and Sam interact with each other...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

take your whiskey home
    Last Online

09.10.17 @ 07:23 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

last sentence in interview...

"when you lose your heart,the fans are the first to know it"

ain't it true....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Yup! So true!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

"......and then I'll go back to being a solo artist."

Wow.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Ed,...fast and danger...!

Sam, song of protest?

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:48 PM
    Liked 602 Times in 392 Posts

that was the year i became a fan of this band.
    great times!
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Miss those days of the band.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

I really want to know what truly happened between Eddie and Sammy...it seems that they were truly best friends!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX24 View Post
    I really want to know what truly happened between Eddie and Sammy...it seems that they were truly best friends!
    I think M.A. and Sammy both said it best when they said, "everyone else grew up, but Eddie didn't. I think that's probably true given those two guys moved on, yet Eddie provoked would probably still sling petty shit, and lace it with his "poor me" routine.
    I'm not knocking Ed. I respect him musically, but his inability to deal with real life problems has been evident for years. He even exhibits this side in that old interview from '84 in another recent thread.
    She asks him in a nutshell after he said he did'nt anticipate all that went along with being famous: "If you're not comfortable doing what you do, why don't you just stand behind a curtain?" He replied "They won't let me." In a weird way, it kind of made me feel a bit sorry for the guy, but he had to realize after the first album or two that it was gonna be a huge aspect of his life. All those guys gained fame in a big way.

The difference is how they chose to deal with it. Sam and Ed were best friends, but his insecurity was stronger than that. It's why he drank. He puts up this kind of tough guy front these days, but that's only after the alcohol/associative therapy he had in '98, which frankly I think did more harm than good to his relationships. I took similar therapy years back, and it has some benefits, like it broke the chain of having to have a drink to play or be in a social situation. They give you these thought excersises that make you, in theory, more confident sober. I'm not sure what his personal therapy was like totally, but his sounded a little more wacky. Meditation and third eye stuff. Mine was much more MD-ish. Anti anxiety meds and the like. It may have helped him in his self image department, but he comes off like more of a prick than a normal person relatively secure in themselves.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 01.15.10 at 03:21 PM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post

The difference is how they chose to deal with it. Sam and Ed were best friends, but his insecurity was stronger than that.
    I have for years thought that one word alone (on Eddie's part) is why Sammy hardly played guitar in Van Halen.

I would, however, love to know, why after 1989, Eddie chose midi or synth tracks to play onstage live rather than the actual keyboard. (You can't play two instruments in the same band?)
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

either way its just too weird to see them act this way and see the way they talk about each other and then apply that to their relationship and how it is today...Does anyone have a link to a thread with an interview Sam gave after the 2004 tour. I believe Sammy was just fed up dealing with Drunk Eddie...And that's what spoiled the end of the tour and the possibility of them staying together. I think deep down Sammy still cares about Ed, just because thats the type of guy he is. I think he really wanted Eddie to get help. And now that Ed is "clean" I hope they can just renew their friendship in some way shape or form. Or better yet, Ed come out and say back in 2004 I was a completely drunken douche bag and ruined the tour not only for my fans, but for the band and its history as well. But that will never happen...

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    I think M.A. and Sammy both said it best when they said, "everyone else grew up, but Eddie didn't. I think that's probably true given those two guys moved on, yet Eddie provoked would probably still sling petty shit, and lace it with his "poor me" routine.
    I'm not knocking Ed. I respect him musically, but his inability to deal with real life problems has been evident for years. He even exhibits this side in that old interview from '84 in another recent thread.
    She asks him in a nutshell after he said he did'nt anticipate all that went along with being famous: "If you're not comfortable doing what you do, why don't you just stand behind a curtain?" He replied "They won't let me." In a weird way, it kind of made me feel a bit sorry for the guy, but he had to realize after the first album or two that it was gonna be a huge aspect of his life. All those guys gained fame in a big way.

The difference is how they chose to deal with it. Sam and Ed were best friends, but his insecurity was stronger than that. It's why he drank. He puts up this kind of tough guy front these days, but that's only after the alcohol/associative therapy he had in '98, which frankly I think did more harm than good to his relationships. I took similar therapy years back, and it has some benefits, like it broke the chain of having to have a drink to play or be in a social situation. They give you these thought excersises that make you, in theory, more confident sober. I'm not sure what his personal therapy was like totally, but his sounded a little more wacky. Meditation and third eye stuff. Mine was much more MD-ish. Anti anxiety meds and the like. It may have helped him in his self image department, but he comes off like more of a prick than a normal person relatively secure in themselves.
    I think you are probably pretty darn close here. Which could likely be why it is taking so long for anything to come from the band since the last tour. Eddie may have alot of shit to work through or there will be another relapse and we see the Eddie from 2001 to 2007 re-emerge.
    Maybe they are recording with Dave but doing it in small bits and pieces instead of the old way of writing and recording in less than a month. Some of the combustive elements might not be there in the end result, but maybe it will help them combust as a band once again too.

If they do record a new album with Dave, I think it will be a much more mature sounding album and perhaps dark too. It won't be songs as Eddie once called them, "boy meets girl, girl meets boy, boy inserts penis" type of songs.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiftyoneFtfty View Post
    I have for years thought that one word alone (on Eddie's part) is why Sammy hardly played guitar in Van Halen.

I would, however, love to know, why after 1989, Eddie chose midi or synth tracks to play onstage live rather than the actual keyboard. (You can't play two instruments in the same band?)
    Sorry buddy, but Sammy's got no business playing guitar on any VH albums. I know he played on a couple of songs, but there is no way he should of played on anything else...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    Sorry buddy, but Sammy's got no business playing guitar on any VH albums. I know he played on a couple of songs, but there is no way he should of played on anything else...
    On albums, no. I agree, if Ed was the main guitarist, he should have room to play both rhythm and lead parts, even if there are overdubs. That's my belief.

Live? Sam's a very good guitar player and it was wise to allow him to play on stage. When Ed and Sam went at it, whoo, that was entertaining!
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    On albums, no. I agree, if Ed was the main guitarist, he should have room to play both rhythm and lead parts, even if there are overdubs. That's my belief.

Live? Sam's a very good guitar player and it was wise to allow him to play on stage. When Ed and Sam went at it, whoo, that was entertaining!
    Yeah, I agree with that, too. Although, I dont know if I would of liked it if Sam played guitar for the whole shows... but, I guess that was never going to happen anyway...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney