Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Namm 2010

Starts this Thursday I believe ? Anyone here going? Able to post picks ? I wonder if ELVH will have any new Wolfgang colors / models / custom shop?

Thanks,
    M

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MRDC View Post
    Starts this Thursday I believe ? Anyone here going? Able to post picks ? I wonder if ELVH will have any new Wolfgang colors / models / custom shop?

Thanks,
    M
    There was mention of an upcoming "in 2010" Wolfgang Special. Somehow I think we won't be seeing it at January NAMM since there's been no word of it anywhere else.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would love to see a "reasonnable priced" Wolfgang, and a line of Combo of the 5150 amps. I never understood why they never made a combo version!...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    I would love to see a "reasonnable priced" Wolfgang, and a line of Combo of the 5150 amps. I never understood why they never made a combo version!...
    Amen! A Wolfie priced around where the EBMM Axis is would be IMHO a good deal. Hell....If that meant a flat top version like the Axis, that would be fine with me too, as long as the quilt is nice, I'd be happy. Do you think there would be a MIM or MIJ version of the standard carved top? I think they could do that without diminishing the brand. Both those facilities produce great guitars. As far as a combo version of the amp, that would be a great idea. Can't tell you how many times I've left my stacks at home in favour of something smaller. Would be great to get that flexibility of those three channels out of a combo.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:06 PM
    Liked 3,115 Times in 1,826 Posts

Premium Member

I will be there on Friday.

As far as the new stuff, we got paperwork from Fender...what stuck out to me were some Squiers mapping close to $400 (wtf?), some new PA stuff, the new American Special Strat (MAPped between the Hwy 1 and the American Standard--do we really need another strat???) and the Wolfgangs--nothing new was listed for them, sorry to say.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post

As far as the new stuff, we got paperwork from Fender...what stuck out to me were some Squiers mapping close to $400 (wtf?), some new PA stuff, the new American Special Strat (MAPped between the Hwy 1 and the American Standard--do we really need another strat???) and the Wolfgangs--nothing new was listed for them, sorry to say.
    Any word on the D2H? Not that I'd get one I don't think, but just curious. I heard from one fellow at my local store that there have been serious delays mainly because of the way it mounts. He had heard that some don't like the way it installs in an existing instrument, and that it should have been more of a Gibson 2-post style hardtail mount as opposed to it's current incarnation of having to drill four holes in the guitars top. Also...in the case of a carved top instrument, there'd have to be some kind of adapter as often there are differences from guitar to guitar. Again, this is just what he was saying. He's pretty in the know though as he does alot of buying for the store chain and has alot of market feedback.
    From what I've seen in the pictures of the model shown on EVH Gear, and on the GW covers, I tend to beleive him. Might be some retooling, or other model variations in the works.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    Amen! A Wolfie priced around where the EBMM Axis is would be IMHO a good deal. Hell....If that meant a flat top version like the Axis, that would be fine with me too, as long as the quilt is nice, I'd be happy. Do you think there would be a MIM or MIJ version of the standard carved top? I think they could do that without diminishing the brand. Both those facilities produce great guitars. As far as a combo version of the amp, that would be a great idea. Can't tell you how many times I've left my stacks at home in favour of something smaller. Would be great to get that flexibility of those three channels out of a combo.
    You may be on to something with how a new "cheaper" version of the Wolf may be produced--NOT made in the USA. We'll see, though. Perhaps summer NAMM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post

squier has some really nice stuff out these days. I've got my eye on a vintage tele reissue that looks super sweet.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    squier has some really nice stuff out these days. I've got my eye on a vintage tele reissue that looks super sweet.
    You may have read my thread on the Squier Vintage Modified J bass I picked up. I've never owned a Squier anything, but this one had fantastic reviews, and after playing a multitude of basses for comparison, I was sold on the outstanding quality and sound. One guy in a review at UG said in response to a question of comparison to a real Fender Jazz bass: "Scratch Squier off the headstock and put on a Fender decal - Their that good." I'd agree. Squier have really stepped up their game. I went into buying a bass with a $1.400 dollar cap in mind. Walking out with over thousand clams still left in my pocket satisfied was a great feeling.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 01.12.10 at 12:33 PM.

Last Online

06.11.16 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like that Peavey makes a 6505 1-12" combo...anybody got one? My 5150 Combo is heavy! Does it sound just as good?

http://www.peavey.com/products/brows...3B112Combo.cfm

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danward5150 View Post
    I like that Peavey makes a 6505 1-12" combo...anybody got one? My 5150 Combo is heavy! Does it sound just as good?

http://www.peavey.com/products/brows...3B112Combo.cfm
    I sold my old 5150 combo long ago, but I rented a 6505 for a gig and it sounded pretty much the same, a little different, but that could just be what tubes were in it. I think Peavey were using Chinese tubes exclusively by this point, and the combo I rented had Ruby's. Either way, as far as combos went, they were both real heavy. I imagine if Fender did an EVH combo, it'd be pretty much the same deal, but it would be interesting to see if they could lighten them up somehow in the chassis or cabinet construction, or at the very least design a cabinet that was a bit more ergonomic to lug around, like with possibly rounder edges, a more comfortable handle, or an old school tilt face control panel, as opposed to controls on top.
    I found the Peavey's design combined with their weight a real pain.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 01.12.10 at 01:13 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    You may have read my thread on the Squier Vintage Modified J bass I picked up. I've never owned a Squier anything, but this one had fantastic reviews, and after playing a multitude of basses for comparison, I was sold on the outstanding quality and sound. One guy in a review at UG said in response to a question of comparison to a real Fender Jazz bass: "Scratch Squier off the headstock and put on a Fender decal - Their that good." I'd agree. Squier have really stepped up their game. I went into buying a bass with a $1.400 dollar cap in mind. Walking out with over thousand clams still left in my pocket satisfied was a great feeling.
    I did read your thread. You got a smoking bass. I know the one you're talking about and that's the bass I'm interested in getting whenever I get around to buying one. Right now I have a really cheap Squier, the kind that comes in the beginner bass packs and you know, with a few adjustments, it serves it's purpose really well: that being me just banging around with it at the house trying to learn a song here and there.

Squire is really doing some great things and I think over time people will have their minds changed about the brand.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I did read your thread. You got a smoking bass. I know the one you're talking about and that's the bass I'm interested in getting whenever I get around to buying one. Right now I have a really cheap Squier, the kind that comes in the beginner bass packs and you know, with a few adjustments, it serves it's purpose really well: that being me just banging around with it at the house trying to learn a song here and there.

Squire is really doing some great things and I think over time people will have their minds changed about the brand.
    You know, I think alot of the prejudice comes from the name alone.
    It's spelled Squier... but most people think "Squire"... a junior. In other words a young man aspiring to the knighthood, and basically served knights by doing menial tasks, so the conetation is that it's a junior instrument and nothing more. I remember reading this sumation from a marketing coach who used the Squier brand as an example of brand name association. For a time in the early nineties, they tried to up the stakes and improve their market image, but failed. They tried to do a slick marketing campaign, but the instruments (The MIJ ones excepted) were still relatively inferior parts, and material wise. Growing up and going to music stores with buddies, we'd be checking out axes, and as soon as any Squier branded guitar or bass was mantioned, there'd be snickering. Not real fair because some of those early MIJ Squiers were actually pretty damn good build wise.
    Now they seem to get it, and let the much improved quality speak for itself.
    Don't get me wrong, they'll always be the lower priced alternative to a US, MIM or MIJ instrument, but their in the same ballpark now.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm goin' Friday, too, I love checking out all the new gear.

Aftewards I'm gonna hit up the Cat Club in Hollywood and jam
    some covers with some friends of mine there.

Anyone wants to get into the party for free,
    the password is 'Fully Loaded'.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LOC View Post
    I'm goin' Friday, too, I love checking out all the new gear.

Aftewards I'm gonna hit up the Cat Club in Hollywood and jam
    some covers with some friends of mine there.

Anyone wants to get into the party for free,
    the password is 'Fully Loaded'.
    Can you take some pics for us ? Maybe post them here if thats OK ?

Enjoy! If I was down there that party sounds like a good time :-)