Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Default DivebombInc???

Have any of you bought from him lately? I placed 2 orders for parts for my guitar in the latter end of November and I haven't received any updates from him as to the status of the order.

Actually that's not 100% true, I received one updates stating that the parts were in the shop awaiting delivery. A couple weeks after that I e-mailed him asking if there was any word and I still haven't received anything.

I even PMed him here and nothing.

Strange because Dive is usually EXCELLENT in terms of communication.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

On Fire
    Last Online

01.16.13 @ 12:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, now that you posted here, the parts will show up.

I must say that when I bought from Kyle, his communication was really cool. He kept me informed all the time, asked me the way I wanted things done, I must say that we were in complete sinc and it all went very well. Oh, he also made that body for me super fast, I caught him in a good time! However, the end of the year is always a messy time. Specially if it involves mail orders! Still, like I said, I'm sure Kyle will look into it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

This was brought up before I believe, and the explanation was he had been having issues with email. I've heard nothing but good things, so I would'nt panic. If he was avoiding anyone, then he would'nt post here very often.
    It's easy to get worried after the whole Frankenstraat affair. That was a bummer. Never did get the neck I ordered. That kind of deal paints smaller companies with bad name unfortunately.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

On Fire
    Last Online

01.16.13 @ 12:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unfortunatelly, ther is always a level of uncertainty as wether you will receive the goods after you have paid for them. There is always mailing issues that may occur, lost shipments, etc... The only way we can judge a seller is from his reputation. Divebomb has come a long way in this case. I've seen him take some blows in his early days, but he didn't give up and kept going and, as far as I know, he has some pretty satisfied customers, including former customers of other builders.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nhotas View Post
    Unfortunatelly, ther is always a level of uncertainty as wether you will receive the goods after you have paid for them. There is always mailing issues that may occur, lost shipments, etc... The only way we can judge a seller is from his reputation. Divebomb has come a long way in this case. I've seen him take some blows in his early days, but he didn't give up and kept going and, as far as I know, he has some pretty satisfied customers, including former customers of other builders.
    Very true. In this business, especially when you go it alone, if your work is in demand, and business amps up quicker than expected, then it's easy to get behind. This happened in our company. We were a small boutique shop, and we ran fairly steady for four or five years, then we got some media exposure in a New York trade show, and within one year, our demand went up 500%.
    This meant huge overtime, new equipment requirements, a building and we still could'nt keep up. The burnout factor of staff was crippling, and the following year our reputation which was once great was taking a hit.
    I know this is what happened with Frankenstraat. In the early days, his attention to detail and quality of product was so good, and he developed a rep as being "the go-to guy" for great VH reproductions. This reputation got him in the weeds, and he could no longer meet the demand, so he cut serious corners, the quality went down, orders were taken and not delivered, and his customer service became nothing but an exercise in evasive tactics.

The guys on here though are a different animal. They seem pretty straight up with their lead times, and if something does get held up, the customer is informed, and given options.
    I'd have no qualms dealing with any of 'em.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 01.06.10 at 08:29 AM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Dangit!
    Just when I feel like I'm catching up I find out I'm actually not. Sorry Mitch, I thought this order went out over a month ago. Apparently the upgraded Floyd did go out (obviously to someone else) because it's not here, but don't worry. I just called FR and I have another batch that will be here this week. I'm shipping the WarEd and the jack today, and I'll send the Floyd and the tuners by the end of the week. I'm upgrading the Schallers to the EVH Frankenstein spec tuners which I sell for $110 just because I flaked on your order.
    My busiuness has been up and down for the last year and right now I'm trying to figure out how to track orders better. November was really slow and I was getting things out quickly, and then December hit and I got really busy and behind once again. I hired help and he left last week for Afghanistan so it's all me once again.
    I've got all my work orders in front of me now and they're dated and in order. My goal is to complete and ship two a day for the next 12 days and I'll actually be ahead.
    I don't want to get customers worried and have them lose faith in me. My products are good and I just need to figure out how to not get behind.
    Last edited by DivebombInc; 01.06.10 at 08:58 AM.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I was never worried that you were avoiding me or anything Kyle as I have dealt with you before and it was nothing but a A+ experience.

I've just been hankering to finally put this Frankie together after 2 years and I was following up.

My posting here was not an effort to air any displeasure in a public forum. I just thought others might have heard from you or knew, perhaps, how things were going.

But I am looking forward to my delivery.

Thanks Kyle!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hey Mitch, I knew you weren't doing that. No worries!
    Please clarify to everyone else that you haven't been waiting on me for 2 years. Now that would be bad enough to make me want to hang it up and go flip burgers or something.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivebombInc View Post
    Please clarify to everyone else that you haven't been waiting on me for 2 years. Now that would be bad enough to make me want to hang it up and go flip burgers or something.
    Mmmmmmmm....Frankenburgers.
    Not to add any more to your plate, but I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on an insanity kit when time frees up, and I can get more done on my end.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

No No! I placed the order at the end of November, I believe, so it hasn't been too long. I just like to follow up when I'm placing orders online.

I know there are always snags when you're running your own business and people should understand that.

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:46 PM
    Liked 151 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    Mmmmmmmm....Frankenburgers.
    Did someone order a Frankenburger?!?

"People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dangit!
    Just when I feel like I'm catching up I find out I'm actually not. Sorry Mitch, I thought this order went out over a month ago. Apparently the upgraded Floyd did go out (obviously to someone else) because it's not here, but don't worry. I just called FR and I have another batch that will be here this week. I'm shipping the WarEd and the jack today, and I'll send the Floyd and the tuners by the end of the week. I'm upgrading the Schallers to the EVH Frankenstein spec tuners which I sell for $110 just because I flaked on your order.
    My busiuness has been up and down for the last year and right now I'm trying to figure out how to track orders better. November was really slow and I was getting things out quickly, and then December hit and I got really busy and behind once again. I hired help and he left last week for Afghanistan so it's all me once again.
    I've got all my work orders in front of me now and they're dated and in order. My goal is to complete and ship two a day for the next 12 days and I'll actually be ahead.
    I don't want to get customers worried and have them lose faith in me. My products are good and I just need to figure out how to not get behind.
    Quickbooks is a good, inexpensive way to do this. If you ever want some help brainstorming, let me know...we'll go grab that pizza and talk. I have a fair amount of experience running a small business.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

So let's call this one "resolved."

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Default Any word from DivebombInc?

I rarely venture into here much anymore so I am wondering if anybody has heard from Divebomb?

I have tried e-mailing him repeatedly and messaging him here but to no avail. I am still awaiting on 1 order which I placed in November (Floyd Rose and Schaller tuning heads).

Just wondering if anybody has any info regarding Dive.

Much appreciated.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he posts here on a daily basis realy. should'nt be hard to reach him