Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.29.13 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default "pithespy"

If you are reading this, you know who I am talking about. I am selling my Seafoam Wolf, and she buys under the user name "warrior3502". I put her on my banned bidders list, and she just emailed me showing interest.

Here is how it went.....

Dear dtuner,

Are you the original owner? Going over the guitar very carefully in good light, are there any dents, dings, scratches, chips, fret wear etc... anywhere on the guitar, head, neck, body at all? Are there any neck pocket cracks?
    Thank You

- warrior3502

My response:

Dear warrior3502,

You are on my banned bidders list. Have a nice day.

- dtuner

Do not EVER buy from her, or sell to her. Her prices are way inflated, and she rips off the guys there are not in the "know". Just a friendly heads up. Hope you all have good gigs this weekend. I played last night, 2 more to go!!!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtuner317 View Post
    If you are reading this, you know who I am talking about. I am selling my Seafoam Wolf, and she buys under the user name "warrior3502". I put her on my banned bidders list, and she just emailed me showing interest.

Here is how it went.....

Dear dtuner,

Are you the original owner? Going over the guitar very carefully in good light, are there any dents, dings, scratches, chips, fret wear etc... anywhere on the guitar, head, neck, body at all? Are there any neck pocket cracks?
    Thank You

- warrior3502

My response:

Dear warrior3502,

You are on my banned bidders list. Have a nice day.

- dtuner

Do not EVER buy from her, or sell to her. Her prices are way inflated, and she rips off the guys there are not in the "know". Just a friendly heads up. Hope you all have good gigs this weekend. I played last night, 2 more to go!!!
    And she would have put your seafoam Wolfgang up for resale for $2,000-plus once she had it. Her Wolfgang Special EXPs are typically listed for $1,050. She pisses me off.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to ask..but are you pissed at her because she's buying low and selling high?....i mean i'm pretty sure she has not put a gun to anyone's head to buy their instruments?..i know a ton of folks doing that, don't see anything wrong with it. you go in a music store to give a guitar as a trade in..they will give you a low price, and the next day put it in the store for a LOT more they gave you, same thing realy. She might be a bitch..don't know, but what she does it totaly legit IMHO.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    Sorry to ask..but are you pissed at her because she's buying low and selling high?....i mean i'm pretty sure she has not put a gun to anyone's head to buy their instruments?..i know a ton of folks doing that, don't see anything wrong with it. you go in a music store to give a guitar as a trade in..they will give you a low price, and the next day put it in the store for a LOT more they gave you, same thing realy. She might be a bitch..don't know, but what she does it totaly legit IMHO.
    And as I started this thread I anticipated this response from you. I need to go in to the psychic business.

I would not "rip off" someone just because I knew i could. And that is exactly what she is doing. Everyone likes to make money. However, karma is right around the corner. And it will hit you in the face, like an 18 lb sledge........ History has proven that in one way or another.

Have a great day.....
    Last edited by dtuner317; 01.01.10 at 12:44 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    And she would have put your seafoam Wolfgang up for resale for $2,000-plus once she had it. Her Wolfgang Special EXPs are typically listed for $1,050. She pisses me off.
    Exactly. She sucks......

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtuner317 View Post
    And as I started this thread I anticipated this response from you. I need to go in to the psychic business.

I would not "rip off" someone just because I knew i could. And that is exactly what she is doing. Everyone likes to make money. However, karma is right around the corner. And it will hit you in the face, like an 18 lb sledge........ History has proven that in one way or another.

Have a great day.....
    Oh stop it, by defintion, you are basicaly saying 80% of buisness in the world are scewing people over!....doh, that's why people have a buisness, to make money, by defintion, it's simple...buy low, sell high.

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Oh stop it, by defintion, you are basicaly saying 80% of buisness in the world are scewing people over!....doh, that's why people have a buisness, to make money, by defintion, it's simple...buy low, sell high.
    Point well taken. And with that said, I can't see myself ever buying from you
    Carry on. CV

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    Point well taken. And with that said, I can't see myself ever buying from you
    Carry on. CV
    she's doing the american dream..and you guys are bitching about it.!...that's pretty funny to me realy

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I've wanted to write her on so many occasions to tell her what I thought of her practices. True, in a business sense she is doing nothing wrong. She is buying low and selling high. And it works for her, apparently; even though she will sometimes have those very high priced Wolfgangs listed for months at a time. But from an ethical perspective she is ripping people off. She buys Wolfgangs that are being sold at or below fair market price, cleans them up, takes very good photos of them, and sells them at a 25-60% profit. Again, from a business perspective she really isn't doing anything wrong, and it really is the buyer's responsibility to educate him/herself on what he/she is buying. But she is KNOWINGLY taking advantage of people--both the original seller of the guitar and the new buyer. I believe that to be the overwhelming point of discussion here.

Also, as I stated in another thread about her, she separates out things like fret protectors. They came standard with all models of the Peavey Wolfgang and seemed to be the most lost item when someone would re-sell their guitar. She figured out that having the fret protector with the guitar wouldn't increase its value at all (at least not at the prices she was asking), so when she would get one with a Wolfgang she would NOT include it with the re-sale but rather sell it separately for as much as $75. Again, a perfect example of her not-very-ethical business practices: It came with the Wolfgang. It belongs with the Wolfgang. Shouldn't it be included with the Wolfgang when being sold?

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Oh stop it, by defintion, you are basicaly saying 80% of buisness in the world are scewing people over!....doh, that's why people have a buisness, to make money, by definiton, it's simple...
    Alain, if that's the way you feel, don't ever bitch about Ed again.
    Last edited by jimi11580; 01.01.10 at 02:06 PM.
    WGAF?!!

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimi11580 View Post
    Alain, if that's the way you feel, don't ever bitch about Ed again.
    What on earth does this has anything to do with Ed?..LOL

Eruption
    Last Online

What on earth does this has anything to do with Ed?..LOL
    How many times have you complained that Ed has just become a "businessman"? Was it really that hard for you to connect the dots?
    WGAF?!!

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimi11580 View Post
    How many times have you complained that Ed has just become a "businessman"? Was it really that hard for you to connect the dots?
    Wow...now THAT is what i call streching it..LOL. that has nothing to do with this discussion man and you know it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 PM
    Liked 11,602 Times in 4,946 Posts

she's doing the american dream..and you guys are bitching about it.!...that's pretty funny to me realy
    You know what else is part of the American dream...not having to sell things to people you don't want to...for whatever reason.

What is with you and always taking shots at Americans? Do you realize that this is a site owned by an American and that occasionally the owner of this web site might take offense to your constant jabs and slams?

Seriously enough Alain. Every thread is a fight with you now...you need to stop.

I really am getting tired of all the arguing in this forum. It was never here before and I want it to stop.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Eruption
    Last Online

Wow...now THAT is what i call streching it..LOL. that has nothing to do with this discussion man and you know it.
    Sorry, I mistakenly thought that you possessed the at least the minimal analytical skills to see the obvious corrolation...
    WGAF?!!