Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.01.16 @ 11:17 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Dexter on Showtime

**Dont read if you dont want to know what happens on season Finale**

I love this show. Probably best show next to Lost. I was horrified at the season finale this year though. Anyone see the murder of his wife Rita coming? Damn, I am really bummed about it. I think next year will be the last season as his sister Deb is starting to put the pieces together.
    Jes Halen

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

I love Julie Benz, but her character Rita was really annoying this season. I was very surprised by the ending. The producers and John Lithgow are all saying that it was not a dream sequence or anything like that. It's a bold move and a lot of questions remain unanswered regarding the Trinity case. I hope season 5 picks up immediately after Dexter discovers Rita and that they don't just jump a few months ahead in time. Dexter was very sloppy this time around. I can suspend belief over trivial things, but so much happened with Kyle Butler and Trinity that the writers can't just ignore certain things that Miami PD would have to come to know about.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

I love the show!! I was shocked by Ritas death also, although i hate that character, i just wish Dexter had known about Rita before he killed Trinity so he couldve tortured a little more maybe, LOL,

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

I love this show.

I can't watch it every week. I don't get Showtime, but my uncle does. So whenever I go over there we watch it and he lets me catch up with the series. Has to be one of my new favorite shows!
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

Dexter is easily the best show on TV. I was SHOCKED by the ending. Although Rita isn't my favorite character - I love how she and Dexter were becoming close - and how she was 'helping' him.

I do hope Season 5 picks up right where 4 left off - and there are a pile of unanswered questions. However it is clear to me now what Trinity was smiling as he drove off in the Mustang - and took his hat off...he seemed overly satisfied at the time; at first I thought it was because he thought he'd 'gotten away with it' - however clearly it was because he'd murdered Rita.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

I watched my first episode Sunday night. I don't usually get Showtime but now get three months free due to being such "a valued customer of Dish Network." I'm a big fan of the actor that plays Dexter from the previously best show on television, HBO's "Six Feet Under."
    I hoping to see a re-run or two of "Weeds" as well. From the one episode of Dexter I've seen, I'm really digging it.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    I watched my first episode Sunday night. I don't usually get Showtime but now get three months free due to being such "a valued customer of Dish Network." I'm a big fan of the actor that plays Dexter from the previously best show on television, HBO's "Six Feet Under."
    I hoping to see a re-run or two of "Weeds" as well. From the one episode of Dexter I've seen, I'm really digging it.
    Ahh, Six Feet Under. That too is where I became a fan of the actor who plays Dexter. That was a great show, too
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wonder if Rita will show up in next seasons episodes like Dexter's dead father does. She'll be telling him how it was his fault she was killed and that he should turn himself in. That would definetely bother Dexter and be a crazy element to next season. I hope they never show the actual scene where Lithgow kills Rita, even in a dream sequence, it would really bother me. I know Deb will catch him eventually, I just wonder if she will kill him, take him to jail or maybe... carry on the family tradition.....
    Jes Halen

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

If your a fan of the show, I recommend getting the first 2 Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay. Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

10.06.17 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

Trailer of the new season

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jes Halen View Post
    **Dont read if you dont want to know what happens on season Finale**

I love this show. Probably best show next to Lost. I was horrified at the season finale this year though. Anyone see the murder of his wife Rita coming? Damn, I am really bummed about it. I think next year will be the last season as his sister Deb is starting to put the pieces together.
    Um - thanks for letting me know how the season that hasn't aired here yet ends...

Seriously, though, as it happens, I got to hang out with Dexter's creator, Jeff Lindsay, a couple of days ago. There was a screening of the first episode of the new season (that introduces Lithgow) in Belfast on Thursday night, and he did a Q&A after. I met him briefly then, but the next day we were on the same flight to attend the Harrogate crime festival in England, so we had a couple of beers in the bar at the airport. Very, very funny, and very, very smart guy.

**Update - I missed your spoiler alert, so my own fault. Ah, well.**
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Season 5 Finale

Another amazing season of Dexter ended tonight. As always, what I thought would happen didn't. This show is always full of surprises. I need season 6 now!!!!
    Jes Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,160 Times in 8,975 Posts

I just finished the first two seasons on Netflix and loved it.

God Bless Netflix.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

Season 5 ending (SPOILERS HERE)

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

- Allows for a clean slate in season 6 - cool.
    - Leaves some unanswered questions - namely, what's going to become of the pictures Lindy took of Dexter and Lumen dumping the body in Quinn's appartment?!
    - Is Quin going to now come after Dexter - or, is he going to give up that trail?!

I thought the Lumen aspect was pretty weird...all of a sudden she's 'cured'?!
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Holy FUCK.

I knew about this show a few years ago but I've never been a big TV watcher or had the time. With my job of being a night receptionist I have had plenty of free time to fill up so I started watching this in late January.

It is just amazing how quickly I got addicted to this show; as soon as one episode ended, I wanted to watch another. I zipped through 6-7 episodes a night (thanks, Project Free TV) and just finished Season 5 last night. I must say, they did a pretty decent job of taking the show in a different direction after the jam-packed Season 4, which I, and am sure many others feel is the best of the five. I was left with a few questions though: What ever became of the Kyle Butler issue? I know Quinn stopped investigating, but surely something would have turned up. What was the result of Jordan Chase's death? I wanted to see the massive fallout it would have created. And also, like Scott said, what became of the photos Quinn had of Dexter and Lumen tossing the bags into the harbor? I guess we can assume Quinn destroyed them after Dexter saved his ass with the blood work.

Oh, and this show also has a great musical score. I love the song played over the end credits.