Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Courtney Love loses custody of daughter

Rock star Courtney Love has lost custody over her daughter Frances Bean Cobain. Two legal guardians have been appointed to care for Frances Bean, Love's 17-year-old daughter with the deceased Nirvana front man, Kurt Cobain, CNN has confirmed.

According to legal documents originally obtained by TMZ.com, the court has appointed Kurt Cobain's mother, Wendy O'Connor, and his sister, Kimberly Dawn Cobain, to watch over the minor.

Geraldine Wyle, an attorney for O'Connor and Cobain, confirmed to CNN that an order of temporary guardianship has been granted to her clients and said the issue was a "private family matter."

A court hearing has been scheduled on the issue for February 10.

This is not the first time that Love has been in court to discuss issues within her family.

In 2003, Frances Bean was temporarily placed under the care of O'Connor after Love was arrested and accused in an attempted break-in at an ex-boyfriend's home, overdosed on painkillers and made a suicide threat. Love admitted a misdemeanor charge of being under the influence of a controlled substance. She regained custody in 2005.

"Life is about choices," Love said in 2005. "And I've chosen to move forward with my life in a healthy and positive way."

Frances Bean, who turns 18 in August, told Harper's Bazaar magazine last year that she doesn't want to live in the shadow of her famous parents forever.

(Picture taken at 15)

"I get it, I really do," she said. "But at the same time it's creepy. These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything. If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Rock star Courtney Love has lost custody over her daughter Frances Bean Cobain. Two legal guardians have been appointed to care for Frances Bean, Love's 17-year-old daughter with the deceased Nirvana front man, Kurt Cobain, CNN has confirmed.
    Wow! Just in time for her to take care of herself!

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Wow! Just in time for her to take care of herself!
    Exactly. But then again, I'm sure this is a suprise to no one.
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Kim Cobain is a nice gal, I sold her a clothes dryer a few years ago...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Am I the only one who muttered upon reading this "What the hell took so long"?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    No you aren't and I hope that Frances is able to come out of dealing with a wackjob mother to be a somewhat normal person.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

No, you're not the only one. I was also perplexed with her quote, "If you're a Nirvana or Hole fan." I can understand Nirvana, but does Hole have any fans? Seriously, I thought even their hit was a piece of garbage.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

jeez...she's 17!?! time really flies.

What does she look like anyway?

By the way...any of you ever heard the Bon Jovi song "Lonely at the Top?" It was written about Frances Bean.

edit:

answering my own question:

she's pretty...though, i can certainly see a resemblance to her dad...moreso than her mother.
    Last edited by broken9500; 12.15.09 at 01:39 PM.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,323 Times in 3,178 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

No shit.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Love's Labor Lost: Judge Bars Courtney From Seeing Francis Bean

Just when you didn't think things could get worse for Courtney Love...

Days after we learned the epically troubled rocker lost legal custody of daughter Frances Bean Cobain, comes word Love has also been barred from having any contact with the 17-year-old or her new guardians.

A lawyer for Frances told the court last week that the child of Love and the late Kurt Cobain would prefer the company of her paternal grandmother, Wendy O'Connor, and aunt, Kimberly Dawn Cobain, than her erratic mom.

Geraldine Wyle, an attorney for O'Connor and Cobain, refused to comment on the custody change or the subsequent restraining order, telling E! News, "this is a private family matter."

Love, on the other hand, isn't taking this quietly.

The 45-year-old rocker took to her Facebook page Tuesday and posted a number of rants directed at her offspring that have since been deleted.

"[Frances] thinks she has all this money, [but] the point is I have all the money she has," fumed Love. "I hate to sound cold but any kid of mine who pulls this s--t has lost her position. The good news is now that Frances is clearly deluded that she [imagines] she can buy her grandmother a 'small house in L.A.' I'd love to see how that works. They'll incubate her until she's 18 and then have her sign all the indemnifications."

The America's Sweetheart singer didn't stop there, alleging Frances has been unduly influenced by a number of "bad people around her."

"[Frances] was deceptive, she lied and she's lying to herself...My daughter is not always honest," wrote Love.

"You could've asked for emancipation," Love continued, addressing her child. "You realize this will put you in juvenile family circus three times in your little life?"

"To Frannie's worried friends: she's not stupid. She trusted the wrong people and got snookered into a circus. She'll figure out what a ridiculous mess she's in and she's smart. She'll have to work really hard, and she's not used to it. But I have faith. She's my daughter and I love her. Cruelty is not what she's about."

Nah, apparently that's mom purview.

A judge is expected to rule on whether to make the TRO permanent in a hearing scheduled for Jan. 5.

— Reporting by Whitney English
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Courtney Love is a useless drugged up fucking cunt... EDIT: and I'm joining her MySpace and Facebook to tell her too...

http://www.myspace.com/courtneylove

http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/cour....2982680417..1
    Last edited by voivod; 12.16.09 at 07:02 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:56 PM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Courtney Love is a useless drugged up fucking cunt... EDIT: and I'm joining her MySpace and Facebook to tell her too...

http://www.myspace.com/courtneylove

http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/cour....2982680417..1
    She's less than worthless. And I still don't believe she didn't have something to do with Cobain's death, she's a fucking hag.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm sure Courtney Love really cares about your opinion too, voivod! That's a much better way to spend your time than being with your wife/kid(s). Fight the good fight!!
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx View Post
    I'm sure Courtney Love really cares about your opinion too, voivod! That's a much better way to spend your time than being with your wife/kid(s). Fight the good fight!!
    Dude, seriously... Umm, go fuck yourself...

Glad you came back after being away...

Have not missed your bullshit... dick

PS, don;t forget to give your girlfriend a couple welfare bucks to play her internet bill...

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ignore button: when you don't want to listen to douchey bullshit, and don't want to risk temptation!
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks