Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Alex P. Keaton's Mom Outs Herself...

NEW YORK, New York -- Former "Family Ties" star Meredith Baxter has revealed she is a lesbian.

Meredith, who starred as Michael J. Fox's mother on the hit '80s television show, confirmed the news to Matt Lauer on Wednesday's "Today."

"I guess I wanted to... say that I'm a lesbian," Meredith revealed on the NBC morning program. "It was a later-in-life recognition of that fact."

Meredith, 62, has been living life as a lesbian for seven years and confirmed to Matt that she has been involved in a relationship for four years with contractor Nancy Locke. But it was only after becoming involved with another woman that Meredith realized why her three marriages to men didn't work out.

"I got involved with someone I never expected to get involved with and it was that kind of awakening and I never fought it because it was like, 'Oh! I understand why I had the issues I had early in my life,'" Meredith said. "I had a great deal of difficulty connecting with men in relationships... Sometimes, I assumed I was a bad picker, which I was indeed, but I also was involved with people who made me think, 'Oh, they're the problem,' because there were problems with the people I chose. It never occurred to me to think, 'Oh, it's me.'"

Meredith told Matt that sharing the news of her sexuality with her children, who range in ages from 25-42, was a lot easier than she expected.

"I said, 'I think I'm gay.' My oldest boy said, 'I knew,'" Meredith laughed. "[They] are just very loving and supportive... The support from my family and anyone close to me has been so immediate and unqualified. I've really been blessed."

The actress also revealed that her television family co-stars are aware she is gay.

"All my pals in 'Family Ties' know," she said. "They all knew [when we had a reunion on 'Today' two years ago]. We all had dinners together and [TV husband] Michael Gross and his wife and Nancy and I go out, we've gone out many times. It's all OK."

Meredith said she and Nancy "live very out lives in Los Angeles" and the actress even went on a cruise with 1,200 lesbians not too long ago. But as for why she is speaking out now, Meredith said, in part, it was to share her story in her own words before a tabloid could put their spin on her life.

"I don't want to be worried all the time and there's some level of concern just because I am so private and you know, I knew I was pushing it," Meredith said. "I was taking the step thinking, 'OK, let's just let it happen.' ... But the truth is, I did not want some tabloid to take a story and make it up, so I wanted it to be in my own words."

The actress also said her life before she realized she was gay, was truthful.

"Some people are saying, 'We're you living a lie?' The truth is, not at all. This has only been for the past seven years," she said.

As for life now, Meredith said things are going really well.

"I'm extraordinarily happy," she said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

She was a really pretty lady.

Question: why would someone like her think it necessary to go on national television to announce something like this?

I imagine sometimes it's a matter of getting ahead of the story so that they are in control of the message and not some gossip rag.

I imagine in other cases it might feel liberating to say it on such a grand stage...but still...just seems unecessary.

I honestly don't give a crap. When they plugged the interview this morning they said she had an announcement that might surprise us. I thought maybe she was going to say she was a meth addict or had sex with Alex back during the show...finding out that she's a lesbian was pretty anti-climactic.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good for her. If it makes her feel some sense of completeness or a sense of relief, then I am glad for her.

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post

Question: why would someone like her think it necessary to go on national television to announce something like this?

I imagine sometimes it's a matter of getting ahead of the story so that they are in control of the message and not some gossip rag.

I imagine in other cases it might feel liberating to say it on such a grand stage...but still...just seems unecessary.

I honestly don't give a crap. When they plugged the interview this morning they said she had an announcement that might surprise us. I thought maybe she was going to say she was a meth addict or had sex with Alex back during the show...finding out that she's a lesbian was pretty anti-climactic.
    Because the national enquirer published a story about her going on a cruise with 1100 other lesbians.

LV

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

possibly publicity, though I doubt it. But maybe they thought it would be shocking because she was a "mom" on tv for so many years. Wasn't the husband gay anyway? Or maybe that was Robert Brady. Or maybe both? I don't know. I don't care.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    possibly publicity, though I doubt it. But maybe they thought it would be shocking because she was a "mom" on tv for so many years. Wasn't the husband gay anyway? Or maybe that was Robert Brady. Or maybe both? I don't know. I don't care.
    Mike Brady was gay and I think Steven Keaton was gay too.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

for the same reason Tiger is in the shape he's in.....the ENQUIRER has a story that they are going to run

who knew a tabloid could actually write a true story?

makes me start to ponder my out of hand dismissal of 'Bat Boy"

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    for the same reason Tiger is in the shape he's in.....the ENQUIRER has a story that they are going to run

who knew a tabloid could actually write a true story?

makes me start to ponder my out of hand dismissal of 'Bat Boy"
    The Bat Boy story ran in the Weekly World News...a completely different publication and one that we can trust on all things...not like the crappy Enquirer.

Didn't Freddie Mercury announce he had AIDS to scoop the gossip rags?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I don't understand why they even care. I understand if she was acting National Security Advisor but she is just the former Mrs Keaton who had a good run of Lifetime movies. Being gay doesn't shock anymore. Hell Adam Lambert is simulating getting head on stage during a music show. While people protested, they probably would protest hetero's kissing on stage.

Now if Toby Keith come out of the closet that would be something. A person a few years away from getting a Social Security Check doesn't do it

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

This should finally put the Tiger Woods media circus to bed huh? I know bad choice of words.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

So instead, we might find out she had sex with Mallory!

Bet those three ex-husbands are sitting back now thinking, "Well, that explains a lot"!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    So instead, we might find out she had sex with Mallory!

Bet those three ex-husbands are sitting back now thinking, "Well, that explains a lot"!
    mmm....Elise and Mallory Keaton....mmm......now that's something I can get behind...heh heh heh
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I was a huge fan of Mallory once I found out she went commando during filming the show. Didn't want to have panty lines. God bless her

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Some Mallory photos for what the hell sake...

then

now

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

If I had money on which Family Ties parent would come out as gay I would have lost my $$$ on the father.