Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:17 PM
    Liked 16,470 Times in 9,331 Posts

Default A very thought provoking article ...

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Good read, thank you.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Great article-thanks! I couldn't agree more. It reminds me of the old adage-

When kids are in college reading and studying the real world they are about to enter, liberalism seems the clear choice in the utopian dream world leftwing professors weave.I mean after all, we should help our fellow man with social programs right?

However the same kids become instant conservatives once they get out in the real world and have 1/3 of their pay check kept for Uncle Sam's programs!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Hmmm... I donno about this whole "Holier Than Thou" attitude. Calling people "spiritually bankrupt," that's a pretty big assertion. I suppose this woman is morally perfect then. I thought it was Jesus himself who said "may the ones who have not sinned cast the first stone." Seems like this woman has a whole bunch of issues and should consult a therapist asap.

Voting Democrat to protect her from rape?!?? WTF?
    Little Dreamer

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 340 Times in 191 Posts

You gotta be kidding. She makes so many cognitive leaps and jumps to so many conclusions, so many generalizations, I don't even know where to start.
    The left is the Taliban now. OK. The left made a sex object out of Palin? Excuse me, her appearance is the only reason she was, er, tapped by the
    Republicans and the only reason anyone has to still be interested in her. This whole "mavericky" thing is a joke, and to think anyone is seriously
    "threatened" by that is even funnier. Yeah she could survive in the Alaskan outback, if you give her a helicopter and a shotgun. Who couldn't?

Waste of time. Anyone thinking Palin is a light in the darkeness is seriously backwards. Seems like this woman had some dumb ideas growing up, and decided the opposite set of dumb ideas made more sense, because she purchased said dumb ideas with a wholesale sense of self-righteousness. Please. For the last time, it's not Palin herself that's scary, it's that people like this take her seriously.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 07:36 AM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smme5150 View Post
    Great article-thanks! I couldn't agree more. It reminds me of the old adage-

When kids are in college reading and studying the real world they are about to enter, liberalism seems the clear choice in the utopian dream world leftwing professors weave.I mean after all, we should help our fellow man with social programs right?

However the same kids become instant conservatives once they get out in the real world and have 1/3 of their pay check kept for Uncle Sam's programs!
    And I've seen those same conservatives become liberals again when they hit 67 - 70 and realize humanity is greater than greed.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    And I've seen those same conservatives become liberals again when they hit 67 - 70 and realize humanity is greater than greed.
    These are the two choices, humanity and greed?

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smme5150 View Post
    If only that were true.

If you start adding up all the ways Uncle Sam takes his cut, you're lucky to take home 30 percent of your wage.

Don't believe me? Look at your mortgage statement. Look at your phone bill. Look at the receipt from Taco Bell. District tax, city tax, county tax, state tax, federal tax. Then add in the taxes disguised as "fees." From your driver's license to the dog license.

Can you think of a single monetary (above board) transaction in which the government is NOT taking a piece?

Once people figure this out, we're in for a revolution. A bloodless one would lead to a national sales tax. A bloody one will lead to a press of the reset button.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Palin is cute.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by E-roc View Post
    The left made a sex object out of Palin?
    Yea, because the 'dirty old men' on the left were the only ones playing pocket pool when she spoke.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

Source?

Really. How the hell would you figure that?
    She's every Republican male's wet dream. That's the only thing that's given her any mileage whatsoever, aside from the misguided women who identify with her.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

But don't take my word for it, from the nonstop flap hole:

(Glenn) Beck said on his radio show he wouldn't play second banana to the former Vice Presidential nominee. "Beck-Palin, Ill consider," Beck said. "But Palin-Beck can you imagine, can you imagine what an administration with the two of us would be like? What? Come on! Shed be yapping or something, and Id say, 'Im sorry, why am I hearing your voice? Im not in the kitchen.'"
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-s...cheatrow_11433

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Source?

Really. How the hell would you figure that?
    She's every Republican male's wet dream. That's the only thing that's given her any mileage whatsoever, aside from the misguided women who identify with her.
    I was being sarcastic.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

05.09.15 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

But don't take my word for it, from the nonstop flap hole:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-s...cheatrow_11433
    Jeez Eroc! He was making a joke. Did you even hear it? Or are we even allowed to make jokes anymore?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I posted her first article on the VIP board last year, this one echoes that one.

Then along came Sarah, and the attacks became particularly heinous. And I realized something even more chilling about the Left. Leftists not only sacrifice and disrespect women, but it's far worse: many are perpetuators.

The Left's behavior towards Palin is not politics as usual. By their laser-focus on her body and her sexuality, leftists are defiling her.
    Her first piece:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/..._a_recove.html

Cousin Joe, Sam, et al, you may be wondering how I did a l80 in 1 1/2 years. How did I go from a rabid, sanctimonious liberal whom you steadfastly avoided at family gatherings to a fan of Limbaugh, Hannity, and Savage? Recovery encourages us to share our story, so here's mine:

In February of 2008, I saw a new client, a bright and sensitive young woman who came in looking like she just escaped a war zone. In some ways she had; she had innocently shared with others at her job that she voted for Hillary rather than Obama. Immediately she was being targeted for abuse that put her in fear for not only her job, but her life.

We both suddenly became aware that something had grown really dark in the Democratic Party. I started hearing about many other incidents where loyal Democrats were being physically and emotionally threatened for supporting Hillary. A woman in Berkeley had her front window broken because it displayed a poster of Hillary. Randi Rhodes, an Air America talk show leftist, called Hillary a f______ witch. (Rhodes was recently promoted to a national talk radio show, illustrating another disturbing trend: the deafening silence about what Rush Limbaugh has dubbed the new "thug-ocracy.)

An acquaintance had her car broken into, and the only item stolen was a NoObama bumper sticker. A South Park episode featured an episode where a nuclear weapon was being aimed at Hillary's genitals. My local greeting card store sold very flattering cards about Obama, insulting ones about Hillary, and a Hillary "nutcracker." When I complained, the young male manager literally laughed in my face.

Things went from bad to worse when Sarah Palin entered the scene. When Geraldine Ferraro ran for Vice President, there was no debasement of her character, no sexual threats. But with Palin, a full scale "wilding" ensued that chillingly reminded me of the random sexual attacks on women by gangs of men in New York. She was called every vile name in the book by both male and female liberals.

Actress Sandra Bernhardt hoped a gang of black males would rape her. When Palin's church was torched with children inside, the press was missing in action (somehow I imagine the press would have been all over this if Obama's church were torched). Not only was the misogyny disgusting, but the classism was abhorrent. The Democrats, by ridiculing Palin's voice and her education, were acting like arrogant snobs. The party had changed, I had changed, and the differences looked irreconcilable.
    I was a Hillary Clinton supporter, the attacks on her from Democrats were worse than anything I'd heard from the Right-Wing during the Clinton White House days.

I hate people who embrace a double standard. We can do this, but they cannot.

I have been indoctrinated - by the left - to treat women a certain way at all times, and that there are things that I cannot say or do. Then tho have the liberal establishment turn around an endulge in misgynistic attacks on a former First Lady, then later a sitting Governor of Alaska was unforgivable. Worse, many of those attacks were coming from African-Americans on Obama's campain staff with tacit approval from"The One". That's why I saw through the man who is now President, and I've been proven right that he's an empty shirt.

If Palin is so stupid, if she was not worthy of being the Vice President (which I agree) then why the fuck does anybody care what she does now? She quit her job as Governor, so she has no real power whatsoever, and just because she wrote a book shouldn't warrent as much attention as it does. Especially from a media that did everything that it could to undermine her. She blogs on her Facebook and the media picks it up...WHY? Nobody gives a flying rat's ass what Dan Quayle is doing these days, and for good reason - he is no longer relevant. The same SHOULD BE TRUE of Palin, yet those who hate her can't seem to let her drift off into the fog of obscurity, and what they are doing is keeping her in the political picture.

WHY?

What does she represent to the left that drives them apeshit?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

03.03.12 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'liberalism" was supposed to be about social libertarianism and limited government.
    it no longer is, it has been commandeerd (sp?) by the progressive fascists who believe in central govenrment, lock-step obediance and limited civil liberty.

"conservatism" is multi-faceted.
    social/religious conservatism is strict and dogmatic about god/bible creationism.
    fiscal conservatism is about economic policy.
    in general conservatism leans libertarian in the belief in limited government, however SOME religious conservatives are actually theocrats ( read the platform of the constitution party- they want the government to be the enforcement arm of fundamentalist churches. )

to hell with all of that-

OBJECTIVISM is the best of all possible worlds:
    - limited central goverment for national defence and infrastructure only
    - judicious and limited use of social safety nets ( which will be less necessary IF...)
    - low taxes- flat tax or streamlined tax code.you work for it- no one else is ''entitled" to it.
    - social liberal. ( ie: 2 gay guys with a marriage certificate won't cause you to divorce)
    - religious devotion or athiesm- its up to you. but dont expect an interventionist god or government beureau to save you when you f*ck up.
    - national sovierngty- lest we be subjigated by collectivist fascism.
    - personal risk- and personal responsibility.
    - rational self-interest ( which is NOT selfishness)
    - capitalism ( which is NOT greed)
    - skepticism as a dicipline.
    - secular humanism and 'communist utopia" are just as nutty as religious cosmology- but require megalomania on the part of th ehumanist so its actually worse.
    - the power of the INDIVIDUAL. strong individuals make for a strong society- collectivism erodes the individual, dis-incentivises excellence and competiton, degrades the individual which makes for a weak, more complacent society easily enslaved.
    - our constitutional freedoms are not "exaggerated" as the obama cabinet would like to think.
    - end the FED. they can print all the worthless money they want ( they have just gotten started ) but there will be consquences. and this is deliberate.