Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 152 Times in 87 Posts

Default Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal pedal

I was wondering if anyone has some experience with this pedal. My brother gave me an old one from the '80's yesterday and it sounds amazing with my Les Paul and basic 50W Marshall combo..much warmer distorted sound than my MXR Distortion + ! I know Boss discontinued this pedal and now produces the similar looking Metal Zone pedal...does anyone know if thats the same pedal under a different name or something else?
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has some experience with this pedal. My brother gave me an old one from the '80's yesterday and it sounds amazing with my Les Paul and basic 50W Marshall combo..much warmer distorted sound than my MXR Distortion + ! I know Boss discontinued this pedal and now produces the similar looking Metal Zone pedal...does anyone know if thats the same pedal under a different name or something else?
    i have no idea if its the same pedal underneath but wha i do know is, the HM-2 is my all time favourite distortion pedal, i've had one in my pedalboard for years....congrats mate
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

My very first pedal was a Boss Heavy Metal. I later traded it for a Boss delay, which I still use. But I totally want one of the Heavy Metal pedals again. Even though I'd probably only use it selectively in the studio, and it may very well be something I look back on fondly mainly for nostalgic reasons, I totally want to get one again.

I am also curious to know what the differences are between the Heavy Metal and the Metal Zone.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I've had mine since '88! It went out of regular service when I bought my 5150 new, but it was always a backup with my Marshall's or Vox amps. Great sound without being too harsh. It did'nt color the sound and have that intantly recognizable, fuzzbox tone; it just gave a real nice warm overdrive. The EQ on it was a great touch. Honestly, I'd put it right up there with the Ibanez Tube Screamer. Not sure if it's exactly the same pedal. My guess would be the Metal Zone pedal would have a higher "gain sweep" than the HM-2. The only way to know would be to do a side by side, or see if you can find something on YouTube. The HM-2 was a great warm pedal though.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have one for sale BOSS Heavy Metal II Original 80's pedal..
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.22.15 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

My 1st pedal as well. Great for that mid 80's Metallica tone.