Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default eddies tremolo system on the new guitar world cover

the new guitar world cover has ed and tommi iommi on the cover. shit article but the cover is interesting, ed has some weirdass termolo system on his wolf in this picture.

anyone know what that is? and how does it work, it seems to have a trem bar hole at the top, some kind of hook thing at the bottom and the strings are mounted over what looks like a traditional les paulish style bridge ... maybe those are rollers on the bridge ... *hmmm*.

link to scan of article including the cover in tiff format: http://www.4shared.com/file/15715950...erviewtar.html

link to lower res cover online for those that don't want to dl the gzipped files: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=129801

so anyone know what sort of trem system that is on the wolf?

Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.18.13 @ 05:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like a Bigsby- type bridge

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

its called the D2hell tail piece, its been discussed in the past elsewhere in this forum.
    basically it's a form of d-tuna for a fixed bridge guitar but , from what i remember, it can go lower than D. i dig the idea, but can't understand why using the tuner isn't an option, i mean, we've all managed in the past just fine!...lol
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you actually READ the article or just look at the pictures?...i just finished it, and for once i found it damn good. What, enoyed that Ed has to share the spotlight?...

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

d2hell you say? never heard of this - google seems to know nothing about this either.

huh.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lil'devil View Post
    d2hell you say? never heard of this - google seems to know nothing about this either.

huh.
    humm....http://www.evhgear.com/

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Yep, been discussed before.

Interesting enough...

Check out the big peice of white masking tape under the bridge in the cover shot.

It looks like he's having some issues with the bridge and had to use white masking tape to fix it.

I could be wrong though...

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    thx.

i don't follow anything these guys do, i had no idea ed updated his site.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

DropToHell tailpiece was discussed about a year ago when it appeared on the February 2009 cover of Guitar World.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/drop...Hell+tailpiece
    Last edited by Majestic; 11.22.09 at 10:12 AM.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Yup. It's been seen on Ed's newish Wolfgangs now for more than a year. And we've seen a lot of "coming soon" ads about it, including the one on EVHGear.com. Maybe it'll actually be introduced at January NAMM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.29.13 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found the patent application on the internet for the D2H.

Really does not make much sense to me after reading it. If he sells it seperately, it would require modification. If he sells it exclusive to the Wolf, I think they would have a hard time marketing it. It is basically a stop tail piece with a dtuner and fine tuning, which would allow you to use a locking nut.

The big EVH guys will go after it, but I will stick with a hipshot. EVH is really good at marketing, whatever he straps on creates the buzz.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    Yup. It's been seen on Ed's newish Wolfgangs now for more than a year. And we've seen a lot of "coming soon" ads about it, including the one on EVHGear.com. Maybe it'll actually be introduced at January NAMM.
    Indeed.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I really enjoyed the article and they shared some cool stories. The thing I did not like was that Ed sent out the vibe that no new music will be coming out anytime soon. To almost directly quote him he was saying that the three songs they did for The Best of Both Worlds the reviews did not even mention them and when they played them live people just stood there.

He then goes on saying why go through all the trouble and spend all that time in the studio and tons of his own money when there are not even record labels anymore to put your sh!t out- to record a new album that people are only going to complain about it and and download from the internet for free."There is an element of satisfaction and joy to creating something new, but not when it comes soley at your own expence and people are only going to shoot it down, no matter what you do.=OUCH

This is not exactly what I wanted to hear especially when I have an interview from back in the day where he says "We make music that we like and satifies us and if other people like it well that is just a bonus"

He Ed you want to give eceryone a break and finaly put out an album of new music and not worry about people dowloading it for free as you will still make a fortune touring behind a new strong album enough is enough already.Or do you just want to be a nostalgia act. I am really starting to think he really blew a fuse along the way here. It is a real sin the best player and creative force in the last thirty years has become - I dont even know the word for it.

Last Online

06.07.13 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that maybe Ed's creativity has just moved on from making music to making gadgets....

All these things such as 'What's the point in making new music because............' are just really smokescreens (or denials) from Ed whereas he doesn't want to admit that maybe he can't do it anymore (or he knows the stuff he's got won't cut it).

By way of a totally meagre comparison.....I play semi-pro in a few bands, occasional sessions and stuff and I write at home - not because I want to get anywhere - but to satisfy MY creativity..........why do I care if it's going to sell as long as I am happy and I feel that I am progressing as a musician????? Same as any other musician I know........
    Ed: Actually, the last record I bought was by a band called Brand X
    Al: I make my living by viciously attacking something
    Mike: ...actually I don't drink.
    Sammy: Are these yours Eddie?
    Dave: Look at that ankle - dirty girl!

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well..at least Ed seems honnest in this internview and told it like it is. It's the VH Fanatics that are causing him to stay away from a new album, and it's pretty clear. But that's not only a Problem for VH. Fans of bands that have been around for 2 to 3 decades want their "old " stuff, so why bother with new stuff!. i totaly agree with his statement. Fan will bitch anyway, they are bitching he's not releasing a new album, if he does, they will bitch it's not like the old stuff, so if it's gonna be bitching anyway...why spend millions making an album!. so he's just skipping a step realy. He knows that even if he decides to Tour, he's gonna pack house anyway.

So seriously, what's the point of a new album?. Like he mentionned in the article, they release 3 new songs..and no one talked about them.

For once he seems truely genuine in this article and was not trying to push something.