Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: EBMM size?

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Default EBMM size?

The EBMM EVH or Axis, how small is it? I've tried to get some kind of idea as to its size in relation to a Strat but I can never seem to get a good handle on it. I'm a big guy, like 6'3'' 240 lbs, would I look like a tool playing this guitar? Are they really that much smaller than a regular Strat or Tele? Any pics out there of some big guys playing this guitar?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.29.13 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04 View Post
    The EBMM EVH or Axis, how small is it? I've tried to get some kind of idea as to its size in relation to a Strat but I can never seem to get a good handle on it. I'm a big guy, like 6'3'' 240 lbs, would I look like a tool playing this guitar? Are they really that much smaller than a regular Strat or Tele? Any pics out there of some big guys playing this guitar?
    I am 6'1, 200 lbs and it looks like a ukelele on me. Cool to own, but I dont gig with it...

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

one of thee greatest guitars made in the history of guitars. i cant get enough.

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it will be too small for you

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04 View Post
    It is a small body. It is not necessarily that the body is much narrower than the average guitar, It is just much shorter. The axis body is shorter than any guitar on the market. Also very round wich makes it look stubby. If you want I will be making larger versions of the body for just this reason. I have been wanting to do it for years, just been to busy with other mainstream builds and designs. But I will be doing it for sure. There is a good market for guys that are preety tall or "Large " .

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

LOL I am 6'0 225 and the day I came home with my first Wolfgang my wife came in the basement and said Wow thats a nice guitar you bought for the kids.
    The one thing that helps me is I have a short reach, though it was a pain when I used to box.lol But yes it is probably not going to be comfortable.

If you go on Harmony Centrals user reviews where both the Wolf and EBMM EVH get great grades the bad reviews come from real tall guys. I would say just grab one to keep for recording as sitting you should have no problem, and you can rip it up on one of the best playing axes you will ever come across. Really these guitars are just sublime to play.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottfletcher View Post
    It is a small body. It is not necessarily that the body is much narrower than the average guitar, It is just much shorter. The axis body is shorter than any guitar on the market. Also very round wich makes it look stubby. If you want I will be making larger versions of the body for just this reason. I have been wanting to do it for years, just been to busy with other mainstream builds and designs. But I will be doing it for sure. There is a good market for guys that are preety tall or "Large " .
    I thought the Wolfgang body was a bit bigger than the EBMM. But that sounds like a good idea Scott and I`m definitely interested in something like that. At this point I think I prefer a Wolfgang design, but the EBMM style also has my attention.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

I'm not 6 3 I'm 6 ft. When I first saw the MM I thought it was large, like a hollow body Guild Jazz guitar or something. Ed is a small dude it looked big on him. It's not it's small but I dig it. With an insane top it's just a beautiful guitar. I like the real deal though and it's still on my want list. I say try to find a MM EVH or Axis you can try in person. May be cool to you. I've never seen a nice one with a great top @ a time I had the cash to buy one. Saw a nice amber Axis with amazing top @ a music show months ago but if I get one it's gotta be a EVh model or for me why bother. I already have guitars. If going to bite I want the real deal and full package.

GL though. Sweet guitars. Try one 1st.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

I'm tall but I'm skinny, never really thought the guitar was too small, but then again I'm not 200 lbs.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.10.12 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Funny I should stumble across this thread.

I came across an old video of a 6ft +, 250 lb me playing my Wolfgang at a party
    and I thought.....damn that looks like a ukulele on me.

I've lost 50 lbs since then and I don't care how it looks, I'll always play a Wolfie.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I can remember coming home with my first Wolfgang and my wife coming down the basement and going Wow that is a beautiful guitar you bought for the kids.lol I am also 6'0 and 225 but I think because I have a rather short reach I have no problems though it was a pain when I used to box.lol If you read the user reviews on Harmony Central where both the Wolfgang and EBMM EVH get great reviews the ones that are not favorable are by really tall guys and I can understand that.

The only change that I could think of that I would of liked to improve the guitars would of having a belly contour. After playing Strats for so many years when I sit and play one they cut into your forearm a bit or other wise there perfect IMHO.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by straycat113 View Post
    The only change that I could think of that I would of liked to improve the guitars would of having a belly contour. After playing Strats for so many years when I sit and play one they cut into your forearm a bit or other wise there perfect IMHO.
    Ernie Ball added the belly-cut when the AXIS replaced the EvH model.