Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default Sea Foam Green Wolfgang

Does anyone have a clue to how many Sea Foam Green Wolfgangs were produced. As a fanatic like everyone else of the Wolfgang and EBMM EVHs guitars I have only come across three of them on the entire web. Two of them have been forum members that have no interest in letting go of them and one of them is that power seller on ebay Pithespy that I would rather cut off my pinky then give her $2,500 just on principal.

I swear in the last six months I have run across some rare axes like a dead mint first year quilt, a green EBMM EVH, assorted custom Wolfs but outside of that one SFG Wolf nada. I was just wondering how many guys on the forum have one or even know someone that has one.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

I don't know how rare they are but I found one that was for sale...

http://www.gbase.com/gear/peavey-wol...-seafoam-green

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Check out that sellers inventory and call the number.lol I found that six months ago and the number just rings and there is no listing for a store and there is no other inventor Bottom line is there is no guitar. Believe me when I look for something I look hard so you can cross that one off.

Since your on the topic of Gbase look up the Gold EBMM EVH and tell me what that guy is smoking, as he is asking for $9,000 and list the guitar as having worming between the bridge pickup and toggle switch, two very small chips cracking the finish near the upper bout, greening of the gold finish, some corrosion on the trem,minor scratch by trem,minor dings on side edges and back, and a stress crack in the neck joint.lol

One thing I have to say is the guy is thorough in his description. Imagine it was mint he would probably be asking $25,000, all I can say is I dont see that ax selling for that price for a good 25 years even if they only made 25 of them.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.29.13 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got one I will sell you. Pretty minty too. PM me if interested.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Like the gold top Wolfgangs, the seafoam green Wolfs had a maple cap. A few years ago you'd see them on eBay semi-regularly and they'd go for normal-ish prices. Nowadays their rarity is better know, thus they always go for more.

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Where the ivory and solid black maple capped as well?
    She's a ho, fo' sho'.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rokstar View Post
    Most of them were not. The claim a few of the early ones of these had maple caps but I believe they were quite rare.
    \m/ VH \m/

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rokstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dance The Night Away View Post
    Most of them were not. The claim a few of the early ones of these had maple caps but I believe they were quite rare.
    Yup. Supposedly a few black ones were painted that way because the tops were rejected for one reason or another. And the only way to know for sure is to look for the center seam or by taking the neck off. But it's a virtual guarantee any white or black Wolfgang you'd buy would be solid basswood. (And of course all of the solid color black, white, and gold Wolfgang Specials were solid basswood.)

Last Online

Those solid color specials were cool.
    She's a ho, fo' sho'.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

The first 500 Wolfs produced for sale were all Gloss Black and Ivory. Geoff Knapp says the earliest quilt top produced he ever saw was in the early five hundreds. I know we all have our preference on which model we like better, I personally prefer the Wolf over the EBMM. What I dont understand is how they say they could not get enough quality tops after the first year, but they are doing a good job finding them for the HP customs.

The EBMM EVH quilt tops are some of the best I have ever seen on any guitar period. You could throw on a pair of shorts and swim in those. Even the best Wolf quilts which there are very few of dont even come close. Bret from Gilaguitars sent me some pics of some T Blacks today and I was hypnotized by the sheer beauty of them.

To be honest everything EBMM makes is just top shelf. I think they kind of positioned themselves near the top of guitar manufacturers today. Eveything is just high quality right down to there cases. I bought a Petrucci with a Piezo back in July during a GAS attack, NOS from a store in Georgia which is the only guitar I ever bought without playing it first in 30 years because a friend kept raving about it, Well when it came I loved everything about it except the neck, it was just a bit to thin for me. I took it to my friends shop for a set up and to see how it sounded because my arm was in a sling. The five minutes he tore it up is the only time it has been played and it is a great sounding ax and the Piezo kicks ass just a beautiful guitar but I am going to unload it this week. But boy if it ever had a neck like an Axis I would own three. Thats what I get for playing a Beck Strat for 7 years lol not very comfortable with those thin shred necks.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by straycat113 View Post
    The first 500 Wolfs produced for sale were all Gloss Black and Ivory. Geoff Knapp says the earliest quilt top produced he ever saw was in the early five hundreds. I know we all have our preference on which model we like better, I personally prefer the Wolf over the EBMM. What I dont understand is how they say they could not get enough quality tops after the first year, but they are doing a good job finding them for the HP customs.

The EBMM EVH quilt tops are some of the best I have ever seen on any guitar period. You could throw on a pair of shorts and swim in those. Even the best Wolf quilts which there are very few of dont even come close. Bret from Gilaguitars sent me some pics of some T Blacks today and I was hypnotized by the sheer beauty of them.

To be honest everything EBMM makes is just top shelf. I think they kind of positioned themselves near the top of guitar manufacturers today. Eveything is just high quality right down to there cases. I bought a Petrucci with a Piezo back in July during a GAS attack, NOS from a store in Georgia which is the only guitar I ever bought without playing it first in 30 years because a friend kept raving about it, Well when it came I loved everything about it except the neck, it was just a bit to thin for me. I took it to my friends shop for a set up and to see how it sounded because my arm was in a sling. The five minutes he tore it up is the only time it has been played and it is a great sounding ax and the Piezo kicks ass just a beautiful guitar but I am going to unload it this week. But boy if it ever had a neck like an Axis I would own three. Thats what I get for playing a Beck Strat for 7 years lol not very comfortable with those thin shred necks.
    I prefer the Wolfgang too, but that has nothing to do with build quality; I prefer the flatter 15" neck radius of the Wolfgang and also the pickups. (And the arch top and body shape as well, but that's secondary to feel and sound.)

Peavey and EVH set a price point on the Wolfgangs because they wanted to make them more affordable than the EBMM. (Can you believe there was a time when EVH was concerned about making his gear affordable?) The quilt maple they were getting for the price they had set was not satisfactory. So rather than raise the price of the guitar they instead switched to flame maple. Peavey was able to get excellent quilt maple for custom shop Wolfgangs and later for the HP Specials because in both cases the customer was paying for it.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Andrew we both prefer the Wolfgang for the same reasons, the most critical to me is the neck and as we know some feel the complete opposite. I have shorter and thicker fingers and that is why the 15 radius just feels so good to me.

As far as the cosmetics the EBMM EVH I believe had an MSR OF $1,800 and the top Wolfgang standard had one for $2,199 so I dont understand the savings and the quilt quality problem no matter what was shoveled to the public. Because as you mentioned the quilt quality that came out of the custom shop was top notch.

Guys on here get twisted with Eddie and these are his biggest fans.lol You should be me when I am on the Fender forum where I have over 1500 post and get ambushed. Hey Eddie made a lot of bad choices but it burns my ass when people try and say the guy is washed up and cant play anymore. My best defense for that is to say I dont think you would want to be onstage trading licks with him as you would be humbled in 30 seconds. Usually shuts them up.

I really just wish the guy would come out with some music to shut everyone up. Who would ever of thought things would turn out like this. I mean it was just common place that Eddie swept every award and was considered the greatest player on the planet and had living legend status on par of that which Hendrix had. Fast foward 11 years and the guy is percieved as a greedy washed up prick. Now my taste in players is vast from Hendrix to Gatton to Setzer,Beck,SRV, Eddie and so on. The only way I can see him correcting things is to do what he does best. And that is to make some music that just blows everyone away, and if anyone can do it he surely can.I have to admit I really am rooting for the guy.

Last Online

Ed is ripped on for all of his marketing to make money. Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way, but I haven't seen too many point out that he is quite charitable, from what I understand. He gives time and money and doesn't like it advertised.
    She's a ho, fo' sho'.

Last Online

As far as comparing the PV and EBMM prices, I think it was more difficult to build the wolf because of the carved top. I am a fan of the EBMM.
    She's a ho, fo' sho'.