Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

Default '98 Peavey Wolfgang p-90s pic

Greetings - does anyone here have a pic of the red Peavey Wolfgang with the P-90s that EVH used in the "Without You" video from 1998? I can't seem to find it on the 'net. Thanks in advance!

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm not sure it was a wolf. Think they made something called a Firenza that was that shape, w p90s.

Eh, maybe I'm wrong, the upper bout on that doesn't look right, unless they changed them for 1998.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCkQ9QEwCQ

Last Online

02.02.10 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Wolfy's had them but only in the Custom Shop. www.rockandrollweekend.com has the pics, here's a link of one but not the same as EVH's, Ed's was a different color.
    http://www.rocknrollweekend.com/Last...%20-%20top.jpg
    Last edited by Chickenfart; 11.15.09 at 01:11 PM.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

There was a picture of Ed in studio from the '98/'99 era where that guitar was up on the wall. I wouldn't know where to find it.

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

There is one of him sitting beside a mirror playing it. It's a maroon color, although that pic is black and white. I think it had a floyd. He played it in that video and there is lots of whammy in that song, so I assume it was a floyd.
    She's a ho, fo' sho'.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Peavey made Ed over 200 guitars of all different configurations in the time he spent with them. So the really odd ones are probably at 5150. I know he sent some back. If you dig into some past post on the whammy bar and grill you will find a few guys that have a Wolf that was originaly sent to 5150 that he sent back. Andrew has his custom shop that he believes might have been one though Peavey has mysteriously lost most of the S/N data so unless you have the build sheet nothing can be confirmed anymore.

I would also like to know more about the first year quilts as the story goes the supply got short and was not up to snuff. All I know is the trees in the forrest must of had some super miracle grow as some of the new HP Customs have as good a quilt as I have ever seen. I have not checked one out but boy they are beautiful axes.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:50 AM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

I ripped these pix from the "video hits" dvd. They aren't the best pics but hopefully they'll do until you find better ones.

I always liked this guitar, even though I'm not huge on the P90's. I remember thinking that at first I thought this guitar was Paduak (sp?) like Nuno's N4's. It would of been a nice option for the Wolfgangs. It always looks weird when I see Ed playing a guitar with a rosewood neck...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    I ripped these pix from the "video hits" dvd. They aren't the best pics but hopefully they'll do until you find better ones.

I always liked this guitar, even though I'm not huge on the P90's. I remember thinking that at first I thought this guitar was Paduak (sp?) like Nuno's N4's. It would of been a nice option for the Wolfgangs. It always looks weird when I see Ed playing a guitar with a rosewood neck...
    Yup... one of the rare times you see Edward playing a rosewood (or ebony?) fingerboard.

The grain of the guitar still looks like basswood. Ed really hasn't deviated much from that since the FUCK era.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

Thanks to all & I apprecaite all the info!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.28.12 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had Scott make me a body for a replica of this guitar from honduran mahogany and finish it in heritage cherry a while back. I have a wolfie special with a rosewood board neck that I was going to pull off for this, but I just couldn't bring myself to break that guitar apart. I enlisted Scott to make me one with a brazilian rosewood board, but the contour of an EBMM EVH. I should have the neck from Scott this week to complete the guitar.

I had originally contracted another person to make me this body, but it took forever and looked as if I was never going to get it. I decided to have Scott make it for me since it seemed it would never arrive. A couple weeks after receiving the body from Scott, the body I originally ordered from the other guy showed up after 1.5 years of waiting for it. It's unfinished and available if anyone wants it. Check it out below.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
    I had Scott make me a body for a replica of this guitar from honduran mahogany and finish it in heritage cherry a while back. I have a wolfie special with a rosewood board neck that I was going to pull off for this, but I just couldn't bring myself to break that guitar apart. I enlisted Scott to make me one with a brazilian rosewood board, but the contour of an EBMM EVH. I should have the neck from Scott this week to complete the guitar.

I had originally contracted another person to make me this body, but it took forever and looked as if I was never going to get it. I decided to have Scott make it for me since it seemed it would never arrive. A couple weeks after receiving the body from Scott, the body I originally ordered from the other guy showed up after 1.5 years of waiting for it. It's unfinished and available if anyone wants it. Check it out below.

I'm tempted, but Scott's body looks so much closer to an actual Wolfgang Special (edge radius, Floyd route, control holes). Curious though, how much do you want for the other one?