Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Waddaya think? A Frankenstein painted motorcycle?

I want to do a Frankenstein painted sportbike/street fighter bike. Waddaya think?!?
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 600 Times in 391 Posts

eddie had a frankenstein painted motorcycle that was given away in some contest years ago. it looked pretty cool,
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

09.25.16 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DO IT.

I keep thinking my next race car is going to have an EVH paint scheme to it, but I keep going with blue cars. One of these times, it'll happen.
    Brendan

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he's gonna send the cops and take away your bike..

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

By all means, plan out what you intend to do, and experiment with different applications, treatments and ideas. Here is what happens when care and consideration are not applied to the project. As you can see, while not a Franky-styled effort, the results are less than exemplary. And keep in mind this only features two colors.

http://www.vanhalenbike.com/
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    By all means, plan out what you intend to do, and experiment with different applications, treatments and ideas. Here is what happens when care and consideration are not applied to the project. As you can see, while not a Franky-styled effort, the results are less than exemplary. And keep in mind this only features two colors.

http://www.vanhalenbike.com/
    Too much black, not nearly enough white.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    he's gonna send the cops and take away your bike..
    Gotta watch the EVH patrol...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There was another bike that looked great...
    Was sold on Ebay, had the red/white/black combo on the tank. Looked BETTER than Eddies. someone surely has pics...anyways, I remember seeing it in Pittsburgh. The band (Sammy at the time was in, along with, of course, Mike), had signed the tank as well.
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Red43j View Post
    There was another bike that looked great...
    Was sold on Ebay, had the red/white/black combo on the tank. Looked BETTER than Eddies. someone surely has pics...anyways, I remember seeing it in Pittsburgh. The band (Sammy at the time was in, along with, of course, Mike), had signed the tank as well.
    I'm still looking for that bike, as well as EVH's Harley for that matter. In the meantime I found this, which I believe is more in line with what bunnyman has in mind.

http://www.be-unique.com/airbrush/cu...&ShowSub=bikes
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm still looking for that bike, as well as EVH's Harley for that matter. In the meantime I found this, which I believe is more in line with what bunnyman has in mind.

http://www.be-unique.com/airbrush/cu...&ShowSub=bikes
    Yup, except a bit more naked. The fairing is merely a tiny little thing on mine, and it's a bit more old skool than this. But that is a fine paintjob.

I will probably have a basecoat of truck bedliner material on the bits like the tank and seat. If they do truck bedliner paint in colours, then I will be set.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Update: I am going to paint the Frankenstein paint on the fairing and the bellypan. Nowhere else will have the paint scheme. After all, I was the hair dresser with the EVH Frankenstein paint on the backside of his mirror (until the mirror fell fro my hand and broke in a million pieces). But an entire EVH bike would be too much!!!

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyman View Post
    Update: I am going to paint the Frankenstein paint on the fairing and the bellypan. Nowhere else will have the paint scheme. After all, I was the hair dresser with the EVH Frankenstein paint on the backside of his mirror (until the mirror fell fro my hand and broke in a million pieces). But an entire EVH bike would be too much!!!
    Going roughly from what you have described in your last two posts and accepting the fact that the bike only vaguely resembles the one I am using, I pretty much gather that this is more or less the direction you are going. (Yeah, I am not exactly an artist with this Windows Paint program. )

I'd imagine that even less of the pattern would show on your version, and all in all, it's a great idea. The subtlety of the display would be the key. I have to ask, will you be doing the painting, and are you up to it? No offense is meant by the question. I only mean to imply that bedliner stuff is a gooey pain in the butt to spray for a novice. Believe me, South Florida is the work truck capital of the planet, and I've seen some fairly dismal first time attempts at bed-lining on job sites.

If you are doing the work, please dude, practice on bits of old furniture for a few days before you do the actual spray. A couple of friends and I rented compressors and had our own little garage body shop in the eighties, where we'd restore cars and paint our daily drivers. And I must say, we messed up plenty of automobiles until we figured things out. As I said earlier, take your time and experiment before committing yourself.

I hope this info helps out in some way, and it would be really cool if you could photograph the work in progress. I'm fairly certain that others would dig seeing how things develop, and you'd have a neat record of the steps taken.

All the best in this endeavor, and good luck to ya.
    George Bernard Shaw

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

That is wicked!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Going roughly from what you have described in your last two posts and accepting the fact that the bike only vaguely resembles the one I am using, I pretty much gather that this is more or less the direction you are going. (Yeah, I am not exactly an artist with this Windows Paint program. )

I'd imagine that even less of the pattern would show on your version, and all in all, it's a great idea. The subtlety of the display would be the key. I have to ask, will you be doing the painting, and are you up to it? No offense is meant by the question. I only mean to imply that bedliner stuff is a gooey pain in the butt to spray for a novice. Believe me, South Florida is the work truck capital of the planet, and I've seen some fairly dismal first time attempts at bed-lining on job sites.

If you are doing the work, please dude, practice on bits of old furniture for a few days before you do the actual spray. A couple of friends and I rented compressors and had our own little garage body shop in the eighties, where we'd restore cars and paint our daily drivers. And I must say, we messed up plenty of automobiles until we figured things out. As I said earlier, take your time and experiment before committing yourself.

I hope this info helps out in some way, and it would be really cool if you could photograph the work in progress. I'm fairly certain that others would dig seeing how things develop, and you'd have a neat record of the steps taken.

All the best in this endeavor, and good luck to ya.
    I am actually going to use a high-adhesion textured metallic finish on the tank, fork lowers, and seat, rather than bed liner spray. This is much easier stuff to work with than bedliner stuff. I was pretty well shoed away from the bedliner stuff. Though if a body shop wants to give a quick spray on my tank, seat, lowers, etc. for cheap, I am open.

The fairing is tiny. Here's a link to it:
    http://www.bikeit.co.uk/headlights_product.asp?ID=140

The paint is going onto the windscreen portion. There is no lower fairing. Then the chin spoiler/belly pan will have the same paint scheme.

I am doing a full-on conversion from "custom" to sport-ish, so the paint is the last concern. But my vision is one that will have the EVH Frankenstein show in just a few places, not be an obnoxious display. Of course the paint and build will be more in the spirit of the Frankenstein guitar as it's more cobbled together. I am taking a wannabe cruiser and turning it into something nifty.

And don't laugh- since it's my first bike in many, many years- it is a 250. No, I am NOT going to get out on a litre bike and get myself hurt from novice riding skills. I will tear it up on a 250, then move to a 600 or 750. The litre bike will come when I have put 25,000 miles on small bikes, if even then.

Thanks for your encourgement and reading.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Painted the windscreen on the fairing. SInce I am going for old skool Frankenstein, I already removed the tape from the black stripes. Pics to follow.