Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.02.13 @ 05:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benjami View Post
    yea gotta love those guys for what they are doing, paul gilbert can be added to that list as well by the way
    Agree re: Paul Gilbert. His last two instrumental albums are fantastic. I smile just thinking about "Paul vs. Godzilla".

Did you see the Gilbert quote in Zloz's CVH photo book? Something along the lines of "I have three gods: 1. The Beatles; 2. Classic Van Halen; 3.......Wait. I only have two gods!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.12.11 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by atlantakat View Post
    Agree re: Paul Gilbert. His last two instrumental albums are fantastic. I smile just thinking about "Paul vs. Godzilla".

Did you see the Gilbert quote in Zloz's CVH photo book? Something along the lines of "I have three gods: 1. The Beatles; 2. Classic Van Halen; 3.......Wait. I only have two gods!"
    no havent seen it but thats nice haha xD

this vid also shows how much fun he has with music itself 5:25 and further you need to watch the songs solo as well to understand it though

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For anyone who missed the CF appearance on "That Metal Show", below is a link to the video.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=130623

Last Online

04.03.19 @ 04:33 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 59 Posts

Already responded in the other thread on it...but I agree Vai is the man..Fantastic player and great guy. I also wish they talked to him more. He gave Yngwie a prop too. He said you don't try to compete with those guys you just do your best. Thats the first time I ever watched an entire episode of that show. When is it on? I'm not a big tv guy. Trunk is a know it all nerdy slobby dude but he digs metal and interviews a lot of artists I like etc(on the radio yes? always links on his web site to audio of stuff)..so I'm ok with it. Nice to see that genre of music having some avenue on tv. Pretty cool actually.
    Last edited by At0micPunk; 11.18.09 at 09:46 PM.

Last Online

04.03.19 @ 04:33 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Steve Vai just seems to be the coolest dude.

He said he wanted to start a band with Roth called "Cockhead" so that they could tour with Chickenfoot, he thought it would be a great double bill.

He has nothing but nice things to say about everyone he has every worked with, I don't think that Vai has a mean bone in his body.

And his hands are huge! That man was made to play guitar. One of the better That Metal Shows, up there with the Rush and Heaven and Hell episodes. He gives props to Eddie, Uli Jon Roth, Zappa, DLR, Coverdale, etc.

Good episode. At least they were not talking about Anvil for what seems to be the 100th time.
    I agree. You know this is besides the point...I'm still hopeful for VH w/ DLR but I'm sure DLR took note of that. Like if shit did fall apart that would be pretty damn cool. Vai was being silly but he seemed to be kinda liking the thought of it too. lol

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

05.24.20 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 296 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    And while I'll admit there were a certain few questions that were funny, they did punch some buttons (and not in a good way) at the same time. Sammy and Mike clearly didn't want to talk about Van Halen and these clowns went right for it and wouldn't give up.
    i thought the most hysterical question was when Joe Satriani was asked if he had kids, and he affirmed that he did, and then he was asked if one of them would grow up to become the next bass player in Chickenfoot. It was so funny because Joe definitely was not expecting that one.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

09.19.18 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 385 Times in 213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    I agree Vai is the man..Fantastic player and great guy. I also wish they talked to him more. He gave Yngwie a prop too. He said you don't try to compete with those guys you just do your best.
    Yeah, his apparent humility is as amazing as his talent. Especially considering
    his talent.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

05.24.20 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 21,271 Times in 12,318 Posts

VH1 CLASSIC Will No Longer Produce 'That Metal Show'

January 19, 2016

VH1 Classic has decided against producing any more episodes of "That Metal Show", the hard rock/heavy metal talk show hosted by Eddie Trunk, Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine.

Trunk, Jamieson and Florentine said in a statement: "It has been an incredible run of eight years, roughly 125 episodes and some really cool specials.

"The global response to 'That Metal Show' has been simply amazing, and we will be eternally grateful for the support from the rock and metal fans that have showed us so much love. We truly would have never made it as long as we did without you! A huge thanks also to the great crews we had over the years both in New York City and Los Angeles, to our producer Jeff Baumgardner, and to all the executives at VH1. And finally, thanks to the hundreds of artists that joined us on our set, had fun with us, shared their stories and many, many laughs. From the biggest names in rock history, to the up-and-comers: we thank you all for being a part of it.

"Of course we very much want to keep 'That Metal Show' alive, and with the blessing of VH1 Classic, we've got the keys to the show and are currently searching for a new home. We're not sure where we'll land, but we hope to be back in our studio and your living rooms as soon as possible. In the meantime, keep an eye out for us on the road and come say, 'Hello.'

"Thank you for watching all these years, and we'll keep you posted as soon as we have news to share."

"That Metal Show" first premiered on VH1 Classic in November 2008 and became the only place for all things hard rock and heavy metal on cable television. The show has been visited by some of the biggest names in the genres, including members of BLACK SABBATH, VAN HALEN, METALLICA, AEROSMITH, PANTERA, KISS, JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN, PEARL JAM, GUNS N' ROSES, QUEENSRŸCHE, HEART, and many more.

"That Metal Show" was a production of VH1 Classic. Lee Rolontz, Jeff Baumgardner and Keshia Williams served as executive producers for VH1.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vh1...at-metal-show/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

9. The Following Member Likes This Post: