Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Metal Show

Last Online

11.26.16 @ 03:00 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Default That Metal Show

Anybody see the CF interview tonight? I tuned in to late.

Last Online

Caught the segment these guys are crazy and having alot of fun. Highlights are Chad goes over the rail to the 1st floor of the hotel/ maybe the venue they was playing that night it was after Ed ask Sam about the Led Zep comment he made and it put pressure on the band. Chad impersonates the fans at the show screaming yelling just fucking going crazy for about 45 seconds. Chad is nuts but funny as hell. Also Ed ask Joe if he has any kids, in which Joe says yes and he procedes to ask if he has a teenage son that would replace Mike in CHICKENFOOT!!All in good fun though it was by far the funniest interview I have seen of the band so far. So check out VH1 Classic and check out the show.

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!
    Anonymous for fear of fatwa

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH1 to Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

08.07.10 @ 09:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn, I missed the show! I already looked for it on you-tube...but noone has posted it yet.

RH-

Last Online

05.09.12 @ 09:35 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 11/7/09 That Metal Show

Looks like the 11/7/09 show is scheduled to air again on Monday from 1-1:30 p.m. on VH1 Classic. Set the DVR's!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was alright. Trunk had to ask the obigatory VH-related questions which I must think is getting old for CF. Chad is a funny guy. As much as he looks like Will Ferrell, I bet he could be just as funny as him as well.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    It was alright. Trunk had to ask the obigatory VH-related questions which I must think is getting old for CF. Chad is a funny guy. As much as he looks like Will Ferrell, I bet he could be just as funny as him as well.
    Agree and I think he loves sharing the spot light like he does in CF. I'm not a RHCPs fan but does he get to be himself in the band? Does he clown around like he does in CF?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,188 Times in 8,988 Posts

Steve Vai just seems to be the coolest dude.

He said he wanted to start a band with Roth called "Cockhead" so that they could tour with Chickenfoot, he thought it would be a great double bill.

He has nothing but nice things to say about everyone he has every worked with, I don't think that Vai has a mean bone in his body.

And his hands are huge! That man was made to play guitar. One of the better That Metal Shows, up there with the Rush and Heaven and Hell episodes. He gives props to Eddie, Uli Jon Roth, Zappa, DLR, Coverdale, etc.

Good episode. At least they were not talking about Anvil for what seems to be the 100th time.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Last Online

12.13.14 @ 09:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Chad is a one crazy mofo! I mean that in a good way. Do you think he was really pissed when he walked away after getting asked a Chili Peppers question? He is also a fantastic drummer as well...I was very impressed with seeing him live, one of the best I've ever seen. I wish he would quit the Chili Peppers so CF could get right to work on the next album. I'm looking forward to the new CF album/tour more than future VH.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

I'd never seen that show before.

I'd guess that Chad is more frustrated with the Chilis than he was about the question. And while I'll admit there were a certain few questions that were funny, they did punch some buttons (and not in a good way) at the same time. Sammy and Mike clearly didn't want to talk about Van Halen and these clowns went right for it and wouldn't give up.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

Please delete.
    Last edited by Railrunner130; 11.10.09 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Double Post

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    I'd never seen that show before.

I'd guess that Chad is more frustrated with the Chilis than he was about the question. And while I'll admit there were a certain few questions that were funny, they did punch some buttons (and not in a good way) at the same time. Sammy and Mike clearly didn't want to talk about Van Halen and these clowns went right for it and wouldn't give up.
    I didn't see the interview but dwelling on VH is disrespectful to the other guys in the band. It's one thing if they are only interviewing Sammy and/or Mike. Are they trying to frame CF as Van Halen with a replacement Eddie and Alex or something? The CF album has been out on the street for almost 6 months. There has been a Euro and NA tour. Let these guys stand on their own merits and not try to turn it into a soap opera for the sake of juicy television.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Steve Vai just seems to be the coolest dude.

He said he wanted to start a band with Roth called "Cockhead" so that they could tour with Chickenfoot, he thought it would be a great double bill.

He has nothing but nice things to say about everyone he has every worked with, I don't think that Vai has a mean bone in his body.

And his hands are huge! That man was made to play guitar. One of the better That Metal Shows, up there with the Rush and Heaven and Hell episodes. He gives props to Eddie, Uli Jon Roth, Zappa, DLR, Coverdale, etc.

Good episode. At least they were not talking about Anvil for what seems to be the 100th time.
    Vai seems like a really nice guy with a good sense of humor. And he doesn't look like he's aged a day since the mid-80's.

As for the CF interview, Satriani seems like the odd-man out when the questions go towards VH and RHCP. And giving Hagar crap for his statement last year that CF was going to be as good as Zeppelin was pointless.

I've never been a huge Eddie Trunk fan. I do like "That Metal Show" and thought he redeemed himself a little on the show but he can still come off as a nerdy know-it-all.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.02.13 @ 06:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Vai rules!

Loved the bit when Vai contrasted working with DLR and Coverdale. "Coverdale was always so English, so proper [adopting Coverdale's voice], "Stevie, darling, can you play it like this?" vs. DLR and then launching into a very good impersonation of DLR in full superstar rap mode circa 1986. "Hey baby, boozely boozely bop..." I just wish they had spent more time talking with Steve, he has a ton to say.

Not only did Vai give huge props to EVH (he credited EVH for reinventing rock guitar, said EVH is the greatest and humbly said he did not even try to compete with EVH in the EEAS band -- instead he did the classic VH songs his own way), Vai knows how to treat his fans. Everyone attending the show got a free copy of Steve's new DVD.

If you go to a Vai show, spring the extra bucks for the EVO experience. Sure, you get the usual stuff, picks, t-shirt, soundcheck, etc. But you also get 30 minutes or more sitting in a small group with Steve while he takes questions and talks about anything and everything -- from music and musicians to philosophy and life.

Finally, I know his music leaves some (many) of you cold. Go see him live and see if that changes your view. The guy is simply jaw-droppingly awesome, insanely precise and perhaps from another planet.

Satch and Vai -- Consistently put out new music, continue to challenge themselves as musicians, will jam with anyone, treat their fans like their life's blood, they give props to everyone they play music with and no one ever says a bad word about them as human beings -- ever.

Kind of makes you go "hmmm."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.12.11 @ 01:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by atlantakat View Post
    Satch and Vai -- Consistently put out new music, continue to challenge themselves as musicians, will jam with anyone, treat their fans like their life's blood, they give props to everyone they play music with and no one ever says a bad word about them as human beings -- ever.

Kind of makes you go "hmmm."
    yea gotta love those guys for what they are doing, paul gilbert can be added to that list as well by the way