Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Sportscaster must pay ex-wife $916,000 a year

CBS sportscaster Jim Nantz must pay $916,000 yearly in alimony and child support to his ex-wife and give up their Connecticut home under terms of a newly issued divorce decree.

The ruling, made Monday in Bridgeport Superior Court, dissolves the 26-year marriage of Nantz and Ann-Lorraine "Lorrie" Carlsen Nantz. It comes after both testified about the breakdown of their marriage; Judge Howard Owens concluded neither was at fault.

Nantz, described by Owens as "our nation's most prominent sportscaster," filed for divorce last year from his wife after years of marriage counseling, according to the decree.

Although Nantz, 50, acknowledged he started dating a 29-year-old woman before the divorce was final, the judge concluded the marriage deteriorated years earlier and "this remote event in no way contributed to the breakdown of the marriage."

Owens noted that the couple didn't share the same interests in Nantz's televi sion career, which required frequent travel as the network's primary commentator for college football, golf and basketball, as well as appearances at charity events.

"In fairness, for most of the years he prioritized his family obligation and put his wife and daughter Caroline first. As frequently happens in marriages of lengthy duration, the parties do not have the same interest and ardor for their spouses' endeavors," the judge wrote in his decision.

Under the ruling, Nantz must pay $72,000 in alimony monthly until he dies or his ex-wife remarries, and another $1,000 weekly in child support for the next two years.

Nantz's attorney, Gaetano Ferro of New Canaan, said Tuesday that the famed sportscaster only wants what's best for his daughter and will not fight the terms of the divorce decree.

"He always wanted a peaceful resolution of an unfortunate situation," Ferro said. "He never wanted a trial, never wanted it to come out this way, never wanted a p ublic spectacle. He wants to put it behind him."

Lorrie Nantz will get their home and a separate condominium in Westport, while Jim Nantz will get their home in Houston and a luxury condominium in the Deer Valley ski resort in Park City, Utah. They were awarded joint custody of Caroline, 15.

He also must pay Caroline's college expenses until she reaches 23 years old and has to split various joint accounts with Lorrie Nantz, including the current value of his pension through the Screen Actors Guild.

He also must keep his ex-wife listed as beneficiary of a $3 million life insurance policy while he's still paying alimony and/or child support, and pay $70,000 so she can join any country club of her choice.

She had been seeking more than $1.5 million in yearly alimony and child support.

Court documents cited Jim Nantz's $3.2 million salary from CBS and other assets, including millions in other income, shared investment accounts, real estate and other property.

Nantz, who started his broadcast career at a local CBS affiliate in Salt Lake City, testified that Lorrie Nantz grew uninterested in his career over time, did not want to attend events that were important to him and didn't provide the emotional support he desired.

Lorrie Nantz said she went as often as possible, but that those events were not her life's major interest and her main focus was raising their daughter.

"They're two good people, and as sometimes happens over 26 years, they grew apart," Ferro said.

Cynthia George, Lorrie Nantz's Greenwich-based attorney, said she and her client had no comment except that they were pleased with the decision.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Love Jim Nantz. He's awesome calling golf, football, you name it. One of the best.

But holy shit is that a lot of money.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    He also must...pay $70,000 so she can join any country club of her choice.
    I mean, the whole thing's a lot of bread, but this just seems like overkill to me!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Wow CBS pays Nance 3.2 million a year. When I see these high profile guys getting strung up in court by their x wives I think to myself I got off pretty good in my divorce. It's really hard to live on 917 grand a year plus 70 grand for the country club of her choice. To all you younger guys on here get a prenup no matter what your income level is.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:02 AM
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

he was nobody when he got married. nothing at all wrong with this ruling in my opinion.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He got screwed, plain and simple. He's a good sportscaster, too bad this had to happen.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Yes he did. It's disgusting.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    He got screwed, plain and simple. He's a good sportscaster, too bad this had to happen.
    how exactly did he get screwed? When you're married to a woman for 26 years and have a child you just don't get to walk away and have no further commitment to them once you leave.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

the child - no. the - ex-wife? why not? did he hold her down from pursuing an equally lucrative career? Not that I've heard. She got to enjoy the fruits of his labour while they were married, not sure why she needs to after they've amicably parted.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    the child - no. the - ex-wife? why not? did he hold her down from pursuing an equally lucrative career? Not that I've heard. She got to enjoy the fruits of his labour while they were married, not sure why she needs to after they've amicably parted.
    She got to enjoy the fruits of his labour?

At the end of the day he's giving up a small fraction of his future income to a person who was one of the main reasons he was able to achieve the success that he did. This isn't a case where he was rich, married her and then split 2years later and she wanted everything. This is a case of a couple who were nobodies and they made good. The bread winner can't be allowed to just say "good luck" as he's walking out the door.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    how exactly did he get screwed? When you're married to a woman for 26 years and have a child you just don't get to walk away and have no further commitment to them once you leave.
    You honestly can't see how he got screwed? Open your eyes. I never said that he should walk away from his child without any further commitment(s) did I? No, I did not, however, his now ex is nothing more than a money grubbing bitch who went and got herself a cutthroat attorney and jacked him for anything she could. I thought that was quite obvious.

This part never should have happened:

He also must keep his ex-wife listed as beneficiary of a $3 million life insurance policy while he's still paying alimony and/or child support, and pay $70,000 so she can join any country club of her choice.

That's a wee bit excessive, don'cha think?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    You honestly can't see how he got screwed? Open your eyes. I never said that he should walk away from his child without any further commitment(s) did I? No, I did not, however, his now ex is nothing more than a money grubbing bitch who went and got herself a cutthroat attorney and jacked him for anything she could. I thought that was quite obvious.

This part never should have happened:

That's a wee bit excessive, don'cha think?

the life insurance makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that they have a daughter who's a minor. Don'cha think?

the country club part is silly, just add the amount do what she gets no need to mention what the money is spent on.

even if you take out any "other income" he has which is in the millions according to the article. He's giving up a 1/4 of his income to help take care of his family. This is not at unreasonable. They are dependents and for the next 8 years there is no way to make the daughter rich and the wife poor. There's also no reason to do such as it doens't appear that she did anything wrong.

I find it rather telling that you're able to refer to a woman that you've never met and likely know nothing about as "a money grubbing bitch".

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

She got to enjoy the fruits of his labour?

At the end of the day he's giving up a small fraction of his future income to a person who was one of the main reasons he was able to achieve the success that he did. This isn't a case where he was rich, married her and then split 2years later and she wanted everything. This is a case of a couple who were nobodies and they made good. The bread winner can't be allowed to just say "good luck" as he's walking out the door.
    You don't think that she benefitted at all from being married to him? You don't think she got to live in a nicer house, buy nicer clothes and jewelry, eat better, take nicer trips, drive nicer cars, etc. than she would have if she'd been married to some $50 grand a year schlub? So he wasn't rich when they married - what does that have to do with anything? He's still the one that worked his ass off to get where he was. "They" didn't make good - "he" did. It'd be one thing if he was a philanderer or abusive and was primarily the reason their marriage failed - but I don't read it that way. She gets $72,000 monthly - that's more than I get in a year. And I have to work for what I get. This ain't the 18th century - she can get a job, too.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Jim Nantz is one of the best. I always hope to hear him calling NCAA basketball whenever it's on CBS.

Poor guy, this is terrible.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

They are dependents and for the next 8 years there is no way to make the daughter rich and the wife poor.
    Yeah, there is - I believe they call it a "trust fund".