Register
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.14.14 @ 07:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 2 e-bay scores for my '97 Franky project

Well, I got the last 2 missing pieces for my 1997 Franky project.

1st, the vintage 3 way switch...
    [IMG][/IMG]

And now for the coupe de gracie lol...The Gotoh "Crown" tuners!...
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

...paid a chunk of change for them, but haven't cut corners anywhere else...so I figured why not?
    "Boards don't hit back" - Bruce Lee

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

cool! Have fun. WTF is a 97 Frankie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    WTF is a 97 Frankie?
    The "Franky"... as it appeared in a 1997 Japanese guitar magazine photo shoot!
    WGAF?!!

On Fire
    Last Online

01.16.13 @ 12:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, those are real Gotoh Crown head tuners! Congrats! I bought some from YMI5150?, but they turned out to be copies and now he won't refund me (even though I paid the same amount as for the real deal). Good thing you lucked out!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nhotas View Post
    Hey, those are real Gotoh Crown head tuners! Congrats! I bought some from YMI5150?, but they turned out to be copies and now he won't refund me (even though I paid the same amount as for the real deal). Good thing you lucked out!
    You know, I had seen those...I even inquired about them. I would have been happy with those, they still give the look. I just happened to stumble across the real ones. Only 3 people bid on them, I thought for sure more people would have been after them. I bid on them early, the other 2 bidders tried to snipe them in the last minute, but I also in the last minute increased my max bid to a number I didn't think they would touch. I like the 1997 era...it has the Strat headstock...and it seems to be the last documented era before Fender got their hands on it.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, well... I can't say that I'm happy, because I know that they are not the real deal... and I was charged as such. And now I can't bid on any, because I already spent the money.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, well... I can't say that I'm happy, because I know that they are not the real deal... and I was charged as such. And now I can't bid on any, because I already spent the money.
    that's weird..i've delt with YMI5150 many times and ALWAYS appriciated his services, maybe he did'nt know they were copies and bought them full price as well. Who knows. How can you tell they are copies?...

Personnaly i like the Shaller mini-6 better but depend on your tast i guess.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    that's weird..i've delt with YMI5150 many times and ALWAYS appriciated his services, maybe he did'nt know they were copies and bought them full price as well.
    Yeah, he's been cool with me too in past dealing (I bought some linen phenolic covers for my Franky neck pickup), and that is why I jumped on the sale without even questioning. He and I have been searching all over the net for those. Here, UEVH, halen.com, Seymour Duncan forum, etc... I was really surprised when I received them. I only noticed after I posted the opic on my build thread. Later, he refused a refund, claiming that, despite being different, those could be Gotohs, since there are no brand on them. Yeah, right. Trust me, he knew. His deffense was saying "I never mentioned they were Gotohs". I though they were, since he knew damn well what I was after.

How can you tell they are copies?...
    Take a look at them...

See where the screw is inserted? The angle is wrong! I have this kinda tuners around here (they came with the cheapest guitar I ever bought back when I was learning to play), they are quite cheap and I didn't use them because they are different.

Personnaly i like the Shaller mini-6 better but depend on your tast i guess.
    These a bit different. I don't feel so safe with, knowing that they are cheap copies. Between those and Schallers? Schaller all the way? Between Schaller and Gotoh? I don't know, I never received Gotohs.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, he's been cool with me too in past dealing (I bought some linen phenolic covers for my Franky neck pickup), and that is why I jumped on the sale without even questioning. He and I have been searching all over the net for those. Here, UEVH, halen.com, Seymour Duncan forum, etc... I was really surprised when I received them. I only noticed after I posted the opic on my build thread. Later, he refused a refund, claiming that, despite being different, those could be Gotohs, since there are no brand on them. Yeah, right. Trust me, he knew. His deffense was saying "I never mentioned they were Gotohs". I though they were, since he knew damn well what I was after.

Take a look at them...

See where the screw is inserted? The angle is wrong! I have this kinda tuners around here (they came with the cheapest guitar I ever bought back when I was learning to play), they are quite cheap and I didn't use them because they are different.

These a bit different. I don't feel so safe with, knowing that they are cheap copies. Between those and Schallers? Schaller all the way? Between Schaller and Gotoh? I don't know, I never received Gotohs.
    To me...they look pretty damn close with the exception of the "bubbled out" area on the back. I've bought several things over these last 2 projects that I'll never use as well, 2 sets of incorrect reflectors, a set of incorrect Schaller tuners, a new 3 way switch, but I didn't know these were incorrect until I did some more research. It's tough, but sometimes you gotta take a hit, especially if you want to be exact.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, close, but not $200 close... Once you install them, the difference becomes apalling!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well here...in the auction for the ones I bought, it says no refunds, so if I get them and one of them is locked up, then I'm out money too. I see you have another thread about your issue with YMI...I'm sorry you had a problem. I'll bet he's sorry too...but I see your reasonings as well as his. He makes incredible neck pickups for replicas...and when I didn't realize I had the wrong shipping address in my paypal account, he re-sent them without charging me...which he could have. So he's done right by me...but from here on out, we'll keep that discussion in your thread.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimi11580 View Post
    The "Franky"... as it appeared in a 1997 Japanese guitar magazine photo shoot!
    Ah ok. I was perplexed. lol Thanks.

It's cool to see what Frank era people prefer. Banana head stock, blue paint, no blue paint, beak neck, etc etc. They are all cool imo.

Best of luck with your build ME100472.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And don't forget the refelctors! If you want some real cheap, PM me, I'll give you some directions!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got the tuners today...they are un-used! In one of the tuners, the screw eyelet hole still has metal inside from where it was manufactured or stamped. The mounting screws were never ran through! I seem to have gotten pretty lucky on this find!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ME100472 View Post
    Got the tuners today...they are un-used! In one of the tuners, the screw eyelet hole still has metal inside from where it was manufactured or stamped. The mounting screws were never ran through! I seem to have gotten pretty lucky on this find!

Well, from my experience, you were lucky!