VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default left handed EVH wolfgangs

i just found this new blog on EVH's myspace and thought it may be of interest to the left handed players here...

For those who have been asking - left handed EVH Brand Wolfgang guitars will become available as a special order from EVH Brand in January 2010. Official ordering procedures will be issued in late January 2010. Stay tuned and thanks for your interest and support in EVH Brand guitars!
    heres te link to the official page where it can be found...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=468094030

Tom
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i just found this new blog on EVH's myspace and thought it may be of interest to the left handed players here...

heres te link to the official page where it can be found...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=468094030

Tom
    They won't be affordable, that I can say for sure.

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 598 Times in 389 Posts

being left handed maybe they will be double the price?
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I think it's nice they're making lefties an option. But, yeah, the term "special order" coming from EVH Gear, Inc. most likely equals "special higher price."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:33 PM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

I bet it's almost $4k.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

but would making a lefty incur extra costs for the manufacturer?...obviously there will be some re-tooling, but i can't imagine it to be a major task. so i wouldnt imagine it should cost too much more. but whatever its nice to see them addressing the lack of a lefthanded wolfgang, i never understood why Peavey didnt make one.

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

but would making a lefty incur extra costs for the manufacturer?...obviously there will be some re-tooling, but i can't imagine it to be a major task. so i wouldnt imagine it should cost too much more. but whatever its nice to see them addressing the lack of a lefthanded wolfgang, i never understood why Peavey didnt make one.
    And Peavey experimented with a lot of oddball Wolfgangs, including miniatures and hollow bodies. I also think they have done left-handed HP Specials.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Peavey has made a few lefty HP Specials. However, it said on rocknrollweekend.com that they probably won't make anymore.

Those hollowbody Wolfgangs look cool but they were built without Ed's permission. The Wolfgang mini's are cool and they are string thru. I think they even made some with trems for Ed.
    \m/ VH \m/

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 598 Times in 389 Posts

This one was made for Wolf b4 he switched to bass.

My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

I'd be VERY interested in a lefty Wolf, but not at a significantly higher price. There really is no reason for lefties to be higher in price. The parts are the same price. Maybe a set-up fee to flip your templates and do some re-tooling, but if a manufacturer did a lefty run say once every six months, then it wouldn't be an expensive thing to do from a manufacturing standpoint.

Potentially good news for us lefties. I've always wanted a lefty Wolf. I've contacted EBMM about their lefty Axis but they refuse to put a Floyd on their left-handed models, even as a special order, so they won't be getting my business. Fender has a pretty good history of making left-handed models available so I'm happy to hear this news.

Top Of The World cpusolutions2001's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:44 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 5 Posts

I just hope they come out with more colors. Anybody else a little bored with Black, White, and Sunburst?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Well, I can tell you that the option for lefties did not come from the "good of his heart " . He would have offered lefties along time ago if that was the case. He has been associated with 4 companies to date ! I believe that it is because his sales are low and he is going to be looking for ways to fill the sales gap for sure. There are a lot of his new guitars just hanging on the wall and on ebay. If you look at some of the auctions they are brand new guitars being sold by what looks to be every day joe's What did he and fender do, put up the " small " guy into selling his stuff now. It does not look like they are even dealers of any kind. Weak. I would not necessarily say a lefty would be more money, My point was it is not affordable in the first place ! I build lefties as an option now and there is no up charge. There is no more time in a lefty that a righty. And honestly, charging left handed people more for something in my view is not a good moral decision. Telling people with the excuse that it is more work is an outright lie not to mention lazy. I could imagine when he was approached about the lefties before. It is only logical. I would imagine his response would have been something like, " I am not left handed " or " I don't play rosewood boards " It has always about him and not the customer. Those who don't realize that yet are fools. Just being honest.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by scottfletcher View Post
    Well, I can tell you that the option for lefties did not come from the "good of his heart " . He would have offered lefties along time ago if that was the case. He has been associated with 4 companies to date ! I believe that it is because his sales are low and he is going to be looking for ways to fill the sales gap for sure. There are a lot of his new guitars just hanging on the wall and on ebay. If you look at some of the auctions they are brand new guitars being sold by what looks to be every day joe's What did he and fender do, put up the " small " guy into selling his stuff now. It does not look like they are even dealers of any kind. Weak. I would not necessarily say a lefty would be more money, My point was it is not affordable in the first place ! I build lefties as an option now and there is no up charge. There is no more time in a lefty that a righty. And honestly, charging left handed people more for something in my view is not a good moral decision. Telling people with the excuse that it is more work is an outright lie not to mention lazy. I could imagine when he was approached about the lefties before. It is only logical. I would imagine his response would have been something like, " I am not left handed " or " I don't play rosewood boards " It has always about him and not the customer. Those who don't realize that yet are fools. Just being honest.
    well technically thats the way it should be...it is his signiture model afteral....but i also get the point you are trying to make

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I bet it's almost $4k.
    Prolly, I'm a lefty and wouldn't come close to giving that for one.........

Carvin makes quality custom shop guitars for lefties at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
    I run CNC machines for a living that are used produce many electric guitar bodys and yeah, due to the "volume of the run" it cost a little more BUT the "cycle time" is the same and just a "mirror image" program.

Here's the machine in action.......

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04 View Post

Potentially good news for us lefties. I've always wanted a lefty Wolf. I've contacted EBMM about their lefty Axis but they refuse to put a Floyd on their left-handed models, even as a special order, so they won't be getting my business. Fender has a pretty good history of making left-handed models available so I'm happy to hear this news.
    Carvin hasn't offered left handed floyds for years, but they do now!
    Last edited by axebrian; 11.05.09 at 09:18 AM.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Well you know.....It takes all that time to flip the template files for the CNC.
    You can't have two templates!
    Everyone knows that by now.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.