Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Motley Crue sheet music for "looks that kill"

Can someone PDF/scan the sheet music for Motley Crue's "Looks That Kill" ??

The boy wants to try and practice it...

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One
    Last Online

05.01.13 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post

I have it, send me an email and ill get it to you...

vhtribute@hotmail.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.29.13 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I didnt know anyone wasted time tabbing Motley Crue. Tune your guitar to D, and off you go!!!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MOJODOJO View Post
    I have it, send me an email and ill get it to you...

vhtribute@hotmail.com
    Email sent, thanks!
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post

How cool is that!? My son likes to play too The joy of music is forever. Enjoy young fella....

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by dtuner317 View Post
    I didnt know anyone wasted time tabbing Motley Crue. Tune your guitar to D, and off you go!!!!!!
    We did "Looks that Kill" back in the day...I recall standard tuning but tuned the low E up to G and did it in G
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Last Online

10.10.17 @ 06:08 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

I remember I downloaded the Tab from the official Motley Crue site. Isn't it still there ?
    Thanks for paying my rent. -- EVH

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 190 Times in 96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    How cool is that!? My son likes to play too The joy of music is forever. Enjoy young fella....
    both my boys play too (the little guy is just learning but has great passion for Rock).

VIVA Rock n Roll!
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,063 Times in 8,926 Posts

Not a plug I swear, but I go to 911tabs.com as it has thousands upon thousands of tabs, many of them in Guitar Pro and Powertab.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What ever happened to the good 'ol days when we'd sit down and actually listen to songs and learn them by ear?

I can't speak for others, but learning stuff by ear all these years has been a tremendous help for me, and my ear! For example, there have been many times when I've changed strings (not one at a time) and just tuned a guitar "by ear" only to find that it was actually tuned to pitch when I'd take it to the tuner. There are also many times where I'll be driving in my car, hear a song on the radio, and know exactly what key the song is in and actually visualize the fretboard and know the proper chord progressions and/or licks being played. At times, it's sort eerie but I really attribute this to all the years I spent learning stuff "by ear".

It's just my opinion, but I really think this generation has gotten really lazy by relying on TAB, YouTube, and the Internet. Not to mention the fact that ALOT of what you find on TAB, YouTube, and the internet isn't even correct.
    Funny thing is ... alot of folks will argue that what they have learned HAS to be correct because that's how it was written in TAB! Forget the fact that any "Joe Blow" can go online and post TAB.

Sorry ... didn't mean to steer off course.
    Please carry on.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

Well I am a children of tab ever since I picked up an early Guitar for the Practicing Musician around 1983. Had the tabs to Crazy Train and I figured out that I was playing it all wrong. While I can read sheet music and understand theory, I find that tabs just help the learning process. Sort of like having a scientific calculator when doing math.

That being said, I can learn songs via my ear and have had to do that many a time when I find the tabs are wrong. Sometimes it makes me wonder what people are hearing when they play their tabs. Some of them are so off, its not even funny.

I do find it amazing that somebody like Eddie learned all those covers before cassette tapes, CD's or tabs.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Well I am a children of tab ever since I picked up an early Guitar for the Practicing Musician around 1983. Had the tabs to Crazy Train and I figured out that I was playing it all wrong. While I can read sheet music and understand theory, I find that tabs just help the learning process. Sort of like having a scientific calculator when doing math.

That being said, I can learn songs via my ear and have had to do that many a time when I find the tabs are wrong. Sometimes it makes me wonder what people are hearing when they play their tabs. Some of them are so off, its not even funny.

I do find it amazing that somebody like Eddie learned all those covers before cassette tapes, CD's or tabs.
    I'm not saying TAB is all bad ...
    I'm just say'n that it's not always as accurate as some folks may believe and it really does nothing to help develop your ear.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,063 Times in 8,926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    I'm not saying TAB is all bad ...
    I'm just say'n that it's not always as accurate as some folks may believe and it really does nothing to help develop your ear.
    I am not syaing this to be a smart ass or contrarian, but I just ain't got the time to do it that way as I have a limited time budget when it comes to playing. I am sure that if I did I would probably be a better player and writer, but I am too set in my ways.

I think it may also come into play that I began my music playing in an orchestra setting and having sheet music was just something I was used to. For further disclosure I don't even hardly use the standard tabs, I much prefer sheet music.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

It's funny with me because I learned how to read sheet music by playing trumpet. Learned music theory in high school and when I majored in college, yet I play by tabs with guitar. I can apply what I know to guitar but can read tab so much quicker than reading sheet music.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    What ever happened to the good 'ol days when we'd sit down and actually listen to songs and learn them by ear?

I can't speak for others, but learning stuff by ear all these years has been a tremendous help for me, and my ear! For example, there have been many times when I've changed strings (not one at a time) and just tuned a guitar "by ear" only to find that it was actually tuned to pitch when I'd take it to the tuner. There are also many times where I'll be driving in my car, hear a song on the radio, and know exactly what key the song is in and actually visualize the fretboard and know the proper chord progressions and/or licks being played. At times, it's sort eerie but I really attribute this to all the years I spent learning stuff "by ear".

It's just my opinion, but I really think this generation has gotten really lazy by relying on TAB, YouTube, and the Internet. Not to mention the fact that ALOT of what you find on TAB, YouTube, and the internet isn't even correct.
    Funny thing is ... alot of folks will argue that what they have learned HAS to be correct because that's how it was written in TAB! Forget the fact that any "Joe Blow" can go online and post TAB.

Sorry ... didn't mean to steer off course.
    Please carry on.
    A few things..

I agree with you 100% Dino. Still the OP just wanted to find a tab for his kid. NO harm in that. I see the value in tabs. They are a short cut for some people. Also if you are figuring out a tune and a particular part seems curious to you it's cool to check out someone's interpretation of it. And at the end of the day thats all Tabs are...someone's interpretation of a song. May be dead on or may be totally off base.

A good ear is crucial and figuring out tunes on your own is a great way to help develop it.

I enjoy reading your posts though Dino. I crack up how sometime my age has me saying similar things. Back when I was a kid etc. lol It's true though. It's wild nowadays. Lessons on Youtube, they even have guitars with light up fret boards that plug into a pc and teach you that way. Slowing down a lp with your finger to try and hear the individual notes of a fast lead seems to be a lost art. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]