Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.12.17 @ 11:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Concert T-Shirts from Ebay

I would like to purchase a t-shirt from each of Dave's first three tours. Can anyone post pics of the ones that were available and should i choose 50/50 or 100 % blend .I know the quality has vastly improved since the eighties so I would like to be sure I get the best .Also I remember that there was a Picasso Brothers t-shirt from the Eat'em And Smile Tour .What are the chances of getting a hold of one of those ?
    Last edited by shyboy; 10.23.09 at 09:37 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

09.02.14 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had a cool white T-shirt from the 1988 Skyscraper tour. It was basically just the album cover pic with the dates on the back. Actually, it was really good quality back then and it lasted a long time. I miss that shirt!

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Banned

Me either. I still have a brand new DLR shirt from the "Your Filthy Little Mouth" tour from 1994 that ive never even tried on. I dont know why i never wear em but i got a whole closet full. When i go to shows sometimes i just cant say no.
    Last edited by Down In Flames; 10.29.09 at 02:47 AM. Reason: The person quoted was banned and, due to the circumstances, has been erased. - DIF

Last Online

12.07.12 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i would like the 1984 vh one with the hammer guy on the back all i can find is the one with only the eagle on the front and blank on the back

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:04 PM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

Regarding the "1984" tour shirts and jerseys, all the official ones sold at shows were imo, kinda ugly and cheap looking with lousy quality printing. I think the black t-shirt with the metal eagle graphic had the "Hammer Man" logo on the back but I'm not 100% sure those aren't either bootlegs or knock-off shirts printed in the last few years. The 1984 jersey did have the Hammer Man logo on the back as you can see on my shirt in the middle of this group.

Van Halen licensed a jersey shirt design that included the "Cherub" from the album cover on the front and the Frankenstrat guitar image (first used on the '83 US Festival jersey) on the back and the printing quality, colors and shirt was vastly superior to the official tour shirts. This shirt which is second from the left in these two photos of some of my old vintage VH shirt collection was sold only at some record stores including the long-gone Music+ chain (where I bought mine). I wore that one a *lot* for about 10 years before I put it in storage and it held it's color like new and never developed any holes the whole time I owned it until I sold all my shirts a few years ago to a fellow VH fan.

I don't have a photo handy of the various shirts I have from the first two Roth solo tours I saw, but imo the only one worth owning is the white t-shirt from the EEAS tour with Dave's face on the front from the album photo. Here's one on eBay for a rather outrageous price:

http://tinyurl.com/yztqqjd

T.B.
    Last edited by T.B.; 10.30.09 at 07:46 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.12.17 @ 11:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Finally a decent post . Thanks !