Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default A new American flag story...

which may soon hit the cable news rounds...

Text is from another forum, poster is from Northeast Texas region...

10-18-09
    I can kind of relate, we were giving a fire station tour to some kids for fire prevention month last shift. One of the kids father's approached me about the American flag we have attached to our fire truck. It's on our ladder truck's turn table so when we are out...it blows in the wind.

Let's just say he was of Middle Eastern decent, he told me the American Flag was offensive and a symbol of tyranny, and would like it removed from the truck while we were giving the tour. He told me he DID NOT want his son viewing the flag.

I very politely told him I would not remove the flag and if it was so offensive, he and his son could leave.....one problem with being a public servant is having to smile and take this shit.

Needles to say, the American flag did not come down and I was called a racist.

10-19-09
    Appearantly this t*******d, complained to the city about what occurred.

Straight from the city manager, Fire Department is to remove the American Flag from all fire apparatus. The city does not want to attract any negative attention. Any Fire department personel who does not comply will be reprimaned, up to termination.

B-shift's Lt.(former Marine) has already been written up and given one shift off without pay, after putting the American Flag back on the truck.

This could get ugly with the city
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

All of the firetrucks in my city sport an American Flag on the back of them as well as smaller aluminum plaques on the front. It's been pretty standard since 9/11 to have the flags but the plaques have been there forever. They all also have Flags flying from a pole outside. I do not understand this willingness of municipalities to cave to dumb ass complaints like this. I realize they do not want the legal battle but someone has to fight b.s. like this. If someone finds the American Flag so offensive than they should find another country to move to. Our border is always open and is a 2 way street. Don't let the flag hit you in the ass on the way out.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    which may soon hit the cable news rounds...

Text is from another forum, poster is from Northeast Texas region...

You can't be in two forums!

Don't read this.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    You can't be in two forums!
    hahahahaha
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

I don't think along the lines of "love it or leave it" very often, but that father needs to just get the f**k out of the country to a place that perhaps has less tyranny.. I won't be stereotypical enough to say go back where you came from, but Cuba is just 90 miles south. We'll load the boat for ya.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:43 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    I don't think along the lines of "love it or leave it" very often, but that father needs to just get the f**k out of the country to a place that perhaps has less tyranny.. I won't be stereotypical enough to say go back where you came from, but Cuba is just 90 miles south. We'll load the boat for ya.
    Yep, just leave. Simple as that. But, I wanna cuss them and throw tomatos at them while they leave. It's fun.

HH<---It's amazing that the minority has so much pull over the majority.-------
    Last edited by Hurricane Halen; 10.21.09 at 08:57 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Let's just say he was of Middle Eastern decent, he told me the American Flag was offensive and a symbol of tyranny, and would like it removed from the truck while we were giving the tour. He told me he DID NOT want his son viewing the flag.
    Funny how these "morally offended" boneheads regard the flag as a symbol of tyrranical behavior, but conveniently overlook the fact the flag also represents years of selfless sacrifice by countless Americans in order to insure the freedom of expression he is currently enjoying as a resident of the United States. The idea that he has a right to question the use of the flag is the very reason it should be displayed.

It is utterly despicable that any governing body would cave in to such stupidity. Had the city manager stood up to this miscreant, he would have found far more voices of support for his actions than dissent. Instead, he took the "don't make waves" approach in response to the complaint, which in and of itself is damnable in it's cowardice.

Let's face it folks, as Frank Zappa once so astutely observed: "Nobody looks good wearing brown lipstick".
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

I couldn't give two shits about flags - any and all, but this story, and the other are all a bit ridiculous.

Sure, I wouldn't go waving a flag abroad if it were a sensitive region, but to fly your own flag in your own country, if that's what tickles your boat; where is the problem?

Things carry on this way, the next olympic games should be hilarious.

"And the winner is from .......... eerrrr.....fucked if I know"

"And now the national anthe ... errr, song by a vaccuous pop star will be sung to celebrate that everybody won and they are all on the step together"

"OOpppps. Sorry. No steps this year. It is difficult for paraplegics and extremely tall people might feel uncomfortable"

"And the winner has been disqualified. One chap at the back of this 100,000 seater stadium thought he looked at him in an insulting manner"

"And the umpire has been arrested. He made the long jumper cry with that red flag. Her great grandfather died in a Soviet gulag. There is going to be hell to pay now."

etc.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

I am not a flag waving, rah rah patriot, and I am kinda of a hippie liberal douche, but these fucking stories piss me off to no end. Name me ONE other country where this would happen. Even the most repressed, backwards country wouldn't stand for this shit. IT"S OUR NATIONS FLAG! This fuckwad cant even grasp the concept. He lives in a country and doesn't want to see the flag? Does his kid walk around with a blindfold on? fuck him.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats what happens when you keep giving in hoping to appease the psychos of this world. Eventually you will be in serious trouble, not just an issue about a flag.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

If said Middle Eastern person was so offended by a flag, then surely he must find America and Americans to be repulsive (?) And if so, why is he even here to begin with?

Or, maybe he was just doing it to be an asshole...

In either case, has any of this been confirmed yet?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Now in this case the reaction is pretty simple, I would have pointed out that:

a) This IS the United States of America, that is the flag of the country, and if he truely felt that way then why the fuck was he even here in the first place?

b) The fact that he was not whisked away in a van by the state's secret police, tortured, beaten, and had his tounge cut out (as actually happens in his native part of the world) means that he is wrong, and should either apologize or just STFU.

c) Most fire departments in the US fly Old Glory from thier rigs in tribute to the firefighters whio died in the attacks of 9/11/2001. You remember, when 19 guys from his part of the world flew hijacked passenger jets into the WTC and the Pentagon. The fourth plane crashing into a pasture as the civilian passengers tried to retake their aircraft, and in short doing what the minute men and other great Americans have always done when FACED WITH REAL TYRANY.

d) Have you ever noticed that people who run around saying that the American Flag is a symbol of repression and tyranny are members of societies that are based on supression of liberty and are run by tyrants?

Straight from the city manager, Fire Department is to remove the American Flag from all fire apparatus. The city does not want to attract any negative attention. Any Fire department personel who does not comply will be reprimaned, up to termination
    This happened in TEXAS? That city manager needs to be run out of the state.

Coward.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

What pisses me off most is people like this obviously can reside in the US and I cant and we're allies in pretty much everything. Gah!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 1,342 Times in 920 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    What pisses me off most is people like this obviously can reside in the US and I cant and we're allies in pretty much everything. Gah!
    What if OLO was to enter into a sham marriage with you? I mean, he is a mod and all, it's the least he could do. Of course, then you'd have to live in a place called "Enumclaw", whatever the hell that is!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    What if OLO was to enter into a sham marriage with you? I mean, he is a mod and all, it's the least he could do. Of course, then you'd have to live in a place called "Enumclaw", whatever the hell that is!
    And of course, there's that whol raccoon deal as well....if it's even real, not like we've seen the pics.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.