Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.03.03
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    1,595
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Likes
    1,839
    Liked 1,108 Times in 571 Posts

    Question on a new Strat purchased

    i bought me a nice little strat, brand new, but cant find any info on fenders site. Its Black with a single Humbucker and one volume knob, all maple neck, also it was manufactured in mexico. im guessing the body is alder, but it dont feel like it, any info on this would be greatly appreciated. its a very nice guitar, great tone and i love the simplicity. so..... any takers?

  2. #2
    Banned!
    Join Date
    03.06.09
    Posts
    1,235
    Last Online

    04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanZeppelin667 View Post
    i bought me a nice little strat, brand new, but cant find any info on fenders site. Its Black with a single Humbucker and one volume knob, all maple neck, also it was manufactured in mexico. im guessing the body is alder, but it dont feel like it, any info on this would be greatly appreciated. its a very nice guitar, great tone and i love the simplicity. so..... any takers?
    Post a pict..would greathly help..

  3. #3
    On Fire m4rk0's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.05.00
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    352
    Last Online

    02.05.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    What kind of bridge?
    does it have a pickguard? and if so have you pulled it off to see what routing is has? it could be modified by the previous owner..
    what are the first couple of digits of the serial# ?

  4. #4
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,974
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Likes
    2,612
    Liked 2,858 Times in 1,069 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    MIM, Single humbucker and a volume? Sounds like that Blink 182 guy's signature model.

  5. #5
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.03.03
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    1,595
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Likes
    1,839
    Liked 1,108 Times in 571 Posts

    it has a standard trem, 3 ply pick guard, and the finish seems like it hasnt been glossed, ill try and get a pic up by tonight, its a nice guitar, just wish fender would show the mexican made models.

  6. #6
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    09.11.06
    Age
    41
    Location
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    4,484
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    They're all great!
    Last Online

    04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    MIM, Single humbucker and a volume? Sounds like that Blink 182 guy's signature model.
    +1 his names is something like Tom Delonge...or something like that!

    infact its exactly that!...
    found this link, is the Strat in question anything like this?...
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ed=0CBsQ9QEwAw
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

    And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's


    "The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

    "I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

    "Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    03.12.04
    Posts
    1,420
    Last Online

    12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Likes
    18
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanZeppelin667 View Post
    i bought me a nice little strat, brand new, but cant find any info on fenders site. Its Black with a single Humbucker and one volume knob, all maple neck, also it was manufactured in mexico. im guessing the body is alder, but it dont feel like it, any info on this would be greatly appreciated. its a very nice guitar, great tone and i love the simplicity. so..... any takers?
    Does it look like this?
    WGAF?!!

  8. #8
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.03.03
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    1,595
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Likes
    1,839
    Liked 1,108 Times in 571 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimi11580 View Post
    Does it look like this?
    Yeah, thats exactly it. any info on it? i love it (so far) but it doesnt beat my LP. sounds bad that i bought it with out asking more questions but it was love at first sound.

  9. #9
    Eruption
    Join Date
    03.12.04
    Posts
    1,420
    Last Online

    12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Likes
    18
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanZeppelin667 View Post
    Yeah, thats exactly it. any info on it?
    This should answer aall your questions...

    FENDER® FSR STRAIGHT SIX STRATOCASTER®
    Limited production model with only 831 being produced! Flat black finish alder body, maple neck with 21 medium jumbo frets, 9.5" radius, 25.5" scale length, 1.650" nut width, single black un-covered Atomic humbucking pickup, black plastic master volume control, 3-ply parchment/black/parchment pickguard, vintage style synchronized tremolo with chrome hardware. Made in Mexico, less case.
    FSSIX...list $599.99..... - Not currently available -
    WGAF?!!

  10. #10
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    09.11.06
    Age
    41
    Location
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    4,484
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    They're all great!
    Last Online

    04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimi11580 View Post
    This should answer aall your questions...

    FENDER® FSR STRAIGHT SIX STRATOCASTER®
    Limited production model with only 831 being produced! Flat black finish alder body, maple neck with 21 medium jumbo frets, 9.5" radius, 25.5" scale length, 1.650" nut width, single black un-covered Atomic humbucking pickup, black plastic master volume control, 3-ply parchment/black/parchment pickguard, vintage style synchronized tremolo with chrome hardware. Made in Mexico, less case.
    FSSIX...list $599.99..... - Not currently available -
    nice catch mate, i was close, but no cigar..lol
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

    And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's


    "The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

    "I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

    "Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

  11. #11
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanZeppelin667 View Post
    Yeah, thats exactly it. any info on it? i love it (so far) but it doesnt beat my LP. sounds bad that i bought it with out asking more questions but it was love at first sound.
    You can check the serial number here just to be sure:

    http://www.fender.com/support/product_dating.php
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  12. #12
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.03.03
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    1,595
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Likes
    1,839
    Liked 1,108 Times in 571 Posts

    Default

    so apparently i got a semi-rare guitar for $310, only thing is the fender site dosent have my serial number option, mine starts with an MZ7, only goes to MZ5 on the site. oh well, awesome, thanks everybody!

  13. #13
    On Fire m4rk0's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.05.00
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    352
    Last Online

    02.05.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanZeppelin667 View Post
    so apparently i got a semi-rare guitar for $310, only thing is the fender site dosent have my serial number option, mine starts with an MZ7, only goes to MZ5 on the site. oh well, awesome, thanks everybody!
    They probably gave up in 2005

    (M= Mexico Z=Zero , so made in Mexico in 07)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05.01.09, 02:47 PM
  2. Strat question
    By brianVH in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01.09.06, 07:41 PM
  3. Strat bridge question
    By Grateful Ed in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.27.05, 01:43 PM
  4. Strat saddle question
    By the breadman in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01.26.05, 05:38 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12.07.02, 10:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •