Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default These Goddamn Kids With There Tight Jeans

Squealing all the way there in the car and asking if they could crowd surf, then asking if I knew what crowd surfing was. I wanted to whip out the old, “I was crowd surfing when your were not even an idea in your father’s loins because he was tripping balls at a Dead show.” But I refrained from sounding even older than I am. My second chance to sound like a mall walker came when we exited the car and these girls of 13-14 were wearing nothing but wife beaters and bras in 40 degree weather. I caught myself from blurting out, “Where are your coats, it’s freezing and you’re going to get sick” My mother would have been proud.
    http://blogs.waaf.com/mikehsu/2009/1...dumb-haircuts/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Reminds me of a scene in the early part of the new movie Couples Retreat... teenage daughter heading out of the house and dad stops her. She's wearing very short, shorts... Dad goes you're not going out dressed like that. Kid says hey I'm just wearing shorts...

Dad's response:

"Those aren't shorts!! That's a fucking maxi pad!!

All that aside... I got 3 adult age kids. I gave up a long time ago going crazy with their dress. I still challenge... You gonnna be cold in shorts in 39 degree weather? Response... Nah I'll be fine. My response... ok. Cool. Go stand outside for 2 minutes and then come back and tell me you ain't freezin your ass off? They blow it off... no big deal. It's their ass freezing. What are you gonna do.

Got 2 younger kids 8 & 11... starting the same crap. I'll challenge... they freeze. As long as it ain't life threatening... I'm not going to waste much time. They'll learn more from a mild case of hypothermia than listening to my bullshit.

Welcome to parenthood. If I've learned anything... the harder you push as a parent... the more they dig in their heals and fight back. The best approach... allow them to learn and develop common sense. It's not easy... but they will suprise you if you give them the opportunity.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post

Welcome to parenthood. If I've learned anything... the harder you push as a parent... the more they dig in their heals and fight back. The best approach... allow them to learn and develop common sense. It's not easy... but they will suprise you if you give them the opportunity.
    God, I hope so Zoo. TST and I have a 13, 11, 11, 7....and I dread the day, but I totally agree about letting them learn on their own and hoping for the best.

I like to advise, make them see things a different way and let it go from there. It's cool if they fall on their face as long as they come away with some type of solution.

HH<-----Being a parent is the hardest job I've ever loved------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Stick with your instincts and wrangle in your patience HH... I've got 8, 11, 19, 19 & 22. It's hard to let them go and learn on their own.. but they will surprise you if you give them a shot at common sense.

Not saying they won't make dumbass mistakes... they will. But in most cases they aren't life threatening. So... roll with it. Even if it means earning some gray hair!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com