Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default Any fans of the BBC show TOP GEAR?

Any fans of the BBC show TOP GEAR?

This is a great show, the hosts are knowledgeable and entertaining. They test all kinds of cars not just super cars and expensive cars.

I had heard they were planning a US version with Adams Corrola as the host.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Watching it right now. Jeremy Clarkson has just interviewed Sienna Miller about (the show regular slot) lap she did on their track in the "reasonably priced car".

When she said that she hadn't changed her T-shirt, Jeremy advised her to take it off.

To say this show is a British institution would be an understatement. I think it is actually one of the most watched TV programmes in the entire world.

And it's popularity has nothing to do with cars, which are very much secondary to the stuff the presenters get up to.

Just the first compilation I found on youtube
    Last edited by graeme; 10.12.09 at 12:52 PM.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I had no idea it was so well known as that. And here I thought I was on to a cult classic kind of thing...huh. Shucks.

Yes, I totally dig this show. They had one a few years ago that I posted on I believe where they did a review of the Ariel Atom that was mind blowing. Go do a google search for it and watch the youtube vid if you're interested. I need one of those pupps!

while personality-wise I could see Adam as a fit for this show as a mimic, I don't think he could sniff the other guys on the bbc show in the area of knowledge or road miles when it comes to cars, which is really what I respect with these guys.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

It's my favorite show on TV!!!

My brother downloads the new episodes that aren't on BBC America yet and I watch them on the computer...

BTW, the US version has been scrapped...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I agree Adam would be no replacement for the original BBC guys. He is however a huge car guy, not to the extreme that Leno is but he has a big ass warehouse full of cars and is very knowledgeable.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Do a google search for the Top Gear Porsche Carrera GT. What a MONSTER!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    My brother downloads the new episodes that aren't on BBC America yet and I watch them on the computer...

BTW, the US version has been scrapped...
    i downloaded the first seven seasons from a certain site. some of those episodes i hadn't seen yet. BBCA still hasn't played the latest season where the identity of the Stig is revealed.

supposedly the US version was scrapped because NBC was worried about the hosts being critical of cars and the manufacturers not wanting to advertise on the show because of it. they were also going to have Tanner Foust on the show, he hosts Supercars Exposed on Speed Channel.

i love when they get a $150,000 AMG Benz or something on there and proceed to shred the everlovin' shit out of the tires.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    I had no idea it was so well known as that. And here I thought I was on to a cult classic kind of thing...huh. Shucks.

Yes, I totally dig this show. They had one a few years ago that I posted on I believe where they did a review of the Ariel Atom that was mind blowing. Go do a google search for it and watch the youtube vid if you're interested. I need one of those pupps!

while personality-wise I could see Adam as a fit for this show as a mimic, I don't think he could sniff the other guys on the bbc show in the area of knowledge or road miles when it comes to cars, which is really what I respect with these guys.
    I just watched the Ariel Atom Clip. I need one!!!!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hammond's favorite, the Pagani Zonda, is pretty cool too.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Love it!! Love Hammy.. he's a sweetie. My fave has to be the US road trip. One part especially when the drive thru Alabama. Sheer brilliance. You gotta see it. LMAO everytime!!

Last edited by stilleddiesangel; 10.12.09 at 01:55 PM.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    i downloaded the first seven seasons from a certain site. some of those episodes i hadn't seen yet. BBCA still hasn't played the latest season where the identity of the Stig is revealed.

supposedly the US version was scrapped because NBC was worried about the hosts being critical of cars and the manufacturers not wanting to advertise on the show because of it. they were also going to have Tanner Foust on the show, he hosts Supercars Exposed on Speed Channel.

i love when they get a $150,000 AMG Benz or something on there and proceed to shred the everlovin' shit out of the tires.
    i won't ruin it for you but it is a surprise, although i don't think it really is the regular stig.
    Top Gear is like a tradition in our house, i have bought several cars on their recomendation. me and the wife have signed up for tickets to be in the shows audience, but they say that the time between signing up and actually getting the tickets is 9 years!

currently we are waiting for delivery of one of these, mainly due to this review...
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    I think that worldwide viewing figures are anywhere from 350 million up to half a billion.

It shouldn't be as big as it is. Presenter Jeremy Clarkson (there is an online poll for him to be next PM of Britain if you want to gauge his domestic popularity) said that "it is just 3 middle aged men fucking about being prats".

Maybe that's why it is so popular.

ps. Clarkson also writes columns for The Times (try www.timesonline.co.uk for some free back issues and his books and DVDs have sold absolutely millions. I have a couple of his books and they are hilarious.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    Love it!! Love Hammy.. he's a sweetie. My fave has to be the US road trip. One part especially when the drive thru Alabama. Sheer brilliance. You gotta see it. LMAO everytime!!

i actually wrote to the bbc about that show, i cried laughing for a week!

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i won't ruin it for you but it is a surprise, although i don't think it really is the regular stig.
    oh, you aren't ruining it for ME. i DL'ed the show shortly after it aired in the UK. i liked his choice of daily drivers and look forward to trying out a 500 Abarth if/when they get here.

i've seen a couple GTR around here, unfortunately not while running, just parked. don't think i'm dumb enough to try to race one, but if i come across one the turnpike or something i'll run with it as long as i can. make sure we get a review and pics when it shows up.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    oh, you aren't ruining it for ME. i DL'ed the show shortly after it aired in the UK. i liked his choice of daily drivers and look forward to trying out a 500 Abarth if/when they get here.

i've seen a couple GTR around here, unfortunately not while running, just parked. don't think i'm dumb enough to try to race one, but if i come across one the turnpike or something i'll run with it as long as i can. make sure we get a review and pics when it shows up.
    be assured i will be bragging about it for a long time...lol
    i have heard though, that if you use the 'launch control' it voids the factory warranty, and Nissan will know, because the sat nav informs them the moment you do it!