Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Paranormal Activity: the movie

OK, who has seen this movie?

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I haven't seen it ....yet. but I will very soon!
    LOVE scary movies! "they say" it's as scary as Blair Witch. I liked BW and thought only the last 15mins or so were scary but I dug the whole movie. Anyway, this film is on such a limited release at the moment that my wife (who loves scary flix as much as i do) and I have to figure out when we can go and who will watch our kid since someone from her family will have to do it.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Shot for a reported $15,000, "Paranormal Activity" came in at No. 5 with $7.1 million as distributor Paramount expanded it into daylong release after two weeks of midnight-only screenings.

"Paranormal Activity" played in narrow release of just 160 cinemas, a fraction of the theater count for other top movies. It averaged a whopping $44,163 a theater, compared with $11,780 in 3,000 theaters for "Couples Retreat."

"You almost do a double take when you look at that theater count for a movie in the top five," said Paul Dergarabedian, box-office analyst for Hollywood.com. "That's amazing. That's unprecedented."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Activity_(film)

I couldn't even get through the trailer. I'm a PUSSY when it comes to movies like this.

"In fact, the creators of the film encourage viewers not to see it alone, as stated on the movie poster itself."

Reading that, alone, gave me the chills. That's the first time I've ever heard of the creators of a movie saying that.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    "In fact, the creators of the film encourage viewers not to see it alone, as stated on the movie poster itself."

Reading that, alone, gave me the chills. That's the first time I've ever heard of the creators of a movie saying that.
    I dunno...it sounds like a variation on a practice some of the old movie theaters used to engage in whenever a new el-cheapo horror film came out in the early seventies. The ads would say things like "Doctors will be on duty in the event of customers being overwhelmed by the content of this film". Of course, the movie was nothing close to being scary, as the special effects were laughable. But you had to admit, the marketing campaign certainly worked the first few times it was used. Once the public caught on, it pretty much went away.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I dunno...it sounds like a variation on a practice some of the old movie theaters used to engage in whenever a new el-cheapo horror film came out in the early seventies. The ads would say things like "Doctors will be on duty in the event of customers being overwhelmed by the content of this film". Of course, the movie was nothing close to being scary, as the special effects were laughable. But you had to admit, the marketing campaign certainly worked the first few times it was used. Once the public caught on, it pretty much went away.
    Oh I understand that. It just sounds eerie to me for creators to say that they don't recommend seeing the movie alone.

It's one thing so say something that sounds promotional...I don't know....to me it sounded spooky.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,795 Times in 2,447 Posts

Premium Member

I saw it yesterday and it was ok but nothing jumped out at me as making me want to leave. Nobody left from what I gathered. I enjoyed it more than Blair Witch but the ending left a little to be desired.