Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default Shocking and random murder in NH.

This story has all of New England buzzing. The brutality and random nature of this crime is shocking. My Brother is a detective working on the case. I just got off the phone with him, He's almost speechless.
    I pray for the little girl and her Father, and hope these four sorry excuses for human beings get some jailhouse justice. BTW, there is NO death penalty in NH...Damn shame.

MILFORD, N.H. -- Four teenagers -- one armed with a machete and another with a knife -- picked an isolated home at random and entered it intending to kill in a middle-of-the-night attack that left a woman dead and her daughter seriously injured, a prosecutor said Tuesday.

Kimberly Cates, 42, was killed in her bed early Sunday morning while her husband was away on a business trip. A neighbor said their 11-year-old daughter, Jaime, is in a Boston hospital and expected to live.

The killing stunned Mont Vernon, a rural town of about 2,000 residents near the Massachusetts border where Cates worked as a nurse.

The teens were arrested Monday and made brief court appearances late Tuesday morning in nearby Milford. They entered no pleas, and spoke only briefly to say either that they had no questions or planned to request court-appointed lawyers.

Steven Spader, 17, and Christopher Gribble, 19, both of Brookline, were charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder and were ordered held without bail. William Marks, 18, and Quinn Glover, 17, both of Amherst, were charged with burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary and robbery and were ordered held on $500,000 cash bail.

Authorities released few details and sealed the affidavits supporting the charges.

Spader is accused of driving the teens to Cates' neighborhood sometime before 4 a.m. Sunday and cutting her with a machete in the head, torso, arms and legs. Gribble is accused of stabbing her with a knife. Both are accused of attacking Cates' daughter.

The teens picked the home at random and because it was on an isolated road, but all four knew of the plan to kill whoever was home, Assistant Attorney General William Delker said in court.

"Mr. Glover entered this home knowing that the participants intended to kill the occupants of the home if anyone was present. He entered the home armed with a deadly weapon, the homeowner was killed in her bed, and a young child was seriously injured," Delker said.

Kimberly Cates' husband, David, was out of town at time of the attack and flew back to be with his daughter, said next-door neighbor Yuki Chorney. Chorney said the two families moved to the neighborhood at about the same time in 2003, and Jaime Cates' frequently played with her daughter.

"We moved here because we wanted to live in a quiet, rural town where everybody knows everybody," Chorney said, holding back tears.

She said Kimberly Cates was meticulous about safety and locking doors, though she left windows open for air in the summer.

"The entire town is in shock," she said.

Deputy House Speaker Linda Foster has lived in Mont Vernon for 40 years and raised three sons there. She called it "a picture-perfect town."

Foster said she started locking her doors when a home on Main Street was robbed two decades ago. She attended Tuesday's arraignment.

"I had to see the faces of the people who ripped out the heart and soul of this community," she said. "These are not kids that came up from the big bad city. These are kids who grew up beside you. It's evil."

Glover's attorney described his client as a B student with no criminal record.

John David, 67, of Amherst, belongs to the same church as Glover's family and has known them for about five years.

He said Glover was a talented singer and guitar player who often performed at church functions, but said "he's always been a little bit withdrawn, maybe moody. Somewhat rebellious."

"We're totally astonished and in disbelief that this could be the boy we know," he said.

Two of the teens also were arraigned Tuesday on earlier charges. Marks pleaded not guilty to having marijuana in his car last month; Spader pleaded not guilty to pot possession on the same date.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

...Two of the teens also were arraigned Tuesday on earlier charges. Marks pleaded not guilty to having marijuana in his car last month; Spader pleaded not guilty to pot possession on the same date.

A-HA!

I knew this had to be the work of reefer addicts!

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

05.23.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 123 Posts

heard about this on the radio...couldn't help but think it had a Manson kinda twist to it...
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Where have all the good times gone?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

This is terrible. Words can't even describe.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

What the hell? This is a nightmare!

TST<--------------------- -------------------

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Read about this yesterday. Left me speechless. No idea how teenagers can be so twisted and sick in the head to commit such a random, unthinkable act. It's so horrible that it's beyond anything I can comprehend.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's one thing for one person to be so crazy, but it makes you wonder how so many others go along. How can there be that many psycho people in one little town? I know I'm going to get critized for this, but I really think the kind of sick movies that these kids watch over and over have an affect on their actions. The psychotic, sick, horror filled films that have been made over the last 30 or so years just run for the goal of being sicker and more ruthlessly violent.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

horrorcore

google it...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    It's one thing for one person to be so crazy, but it makes you wonder how so many others go along. How can there be that many psycho people in one little town? I know I'm going to get critized for this, but I really think the kind of sick movies that these kids watch over and over have an affect on their actions. The psychotic, sick, horror filled films that have been made over the last 30 or so years just run for the goal of being sicker and more ruthlessly violent.
    I agree, it's amazing what parents let their young children watch

these films and video games turn a total lack of respect for human life into entertainment

and worse, in the video games, the gamers are active participants in the mayhem.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    The problem with your thesis is that thrill-killing youths pre-date TV and "Sick Movies".

All through the 1940s there were incidents of teenage boys as young as 12 throwing much younger kids in front of speeding trains, setting fire to passed out hobos, terrizing families in rural farmhouses, and other acts of mayhem.

This happened in New England, and some would argue that it could be the "Liberal" laws, schools and mind-set that "Doesn't hold people responsible for their own actions", but they would be equally as wrong.

What happened stemmed from circumstances orgnic to the youths involved. We don't have all the facts, so all we can do is guess. It could very well be that one or more of the boys had mental problems.

True story:

I have a friend who has been in prison since 1981, he is a year older than me, and he's doing time for murder. This guy was a star pitcher in Little League, and grew up in a loving family. By "Loving Family" I mean 100%, something you'd only see on TV. He has three beautiful sisters, his parents are the kind of parents everyone wishes that they had. For whatever reason, he got into drugs in a big way, and then he got into devil worship in a bigger way. He wore a black vest with a red, upside-down cross on the back. He used a knife to carve a pentagram on his chest. Three days before he broke into that house and killed the owner he asked me if I wanted to start a satanic band.

None of that had anything to do with his family or his upbringing. The guy just went bad. Sometimes it is as simple as that.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I agree, it's amazing what parents let their young children watch

these films and video games turn a total lack of respect for human life into entertainment

and worse, in the video games, the gamers are active participants in the mayhem.
    Not only that Daisy, there are the parents that don't allow their kids to watch that, but they have access to it somewhere else. When the stuff is so readily available, it makes it much harder as a parent to prevent your kids form partaking in it if they wish to. Unless your lock your kids up.