Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default Where is Carl Spackler when you need him?

F'n ground hogs! and who knew they could climb trees? If they climb trees, why do they call them ground hogs?

nevertheless, I have them on TWO of my properties...one keeps climbing the tree next to my mother's house....he sits there and gives me dirty looks! PLUS he has burrowed under the foundation of the neighboring unit

and in one of my mobile home parks the f'ers are having their way with the concrete pads....they're everywhere...EVERYWHERE!

shooting seems to be the most advised route to eradicate them, but I can't bring myself to do that, and they are too smart to be trapped.

the thought of poison, makes me very sad

what to do, what to do.

Carl, you can come blow up my trailer park if that what it takes.

anyone else ever have this problem?

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

For some not necessarily insightful information, try this thread:
    OLO, The Intrepid Raccoon Trapper

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

On Fire Rare Painful Side Effect's Avatar
    Last Online

07.08.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Painful Side Effect View Post
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    F'n ground hogs! and who knew they could climb trees? If they climb trees, why do they call them ground hogs?

nevertheless, I have them on TWO of my properties...one keeps climbing the tree next to my mother's house....he sits there and gives me dirty looks! PLUS he has burrowed under the foundation of the neighboring unit

and in one of my mobile home parks the f'ers are having their way with the concrete pads....they're everywhere...EVERYWHERE!

shooting seems to be the most advised route to eradicate them, but I can't bring myself to do that, and they are too smart to be trapped.

the thought of poison, makes me very sad

what to do, what to do.

Carl, you can come blow up my trailer park if that what it takes.

anyone else ever have this problem?
    Daisy, where I live and it's near water, it's like Whistle Pig beach. Lost a garden this year cause of them and had one under the house. I use a hav -a heart trap. I trapped seven this year, mostly young ones. I use veggies, fruit... Put some outside and then in the trap. The cool thing was watching a older one shake the trap to try to get the apple out. The other problem is where do you take them. Fortunatly I live in a rural area and am able to release them to wooded areas. And yes, I sent seven of the varmits to their maker the first year I was living here, however with a yound daughter things change. But this year my finger was gettin itchy again....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

I haven't seen them yesterday or today, so they might be going into hibernation.....but next spring I'm going to have to start going all Spackler on 'em!...I'm going to have to start accumulating explosives.

on the plus side, they are strict vegetarians, so we have that in common... we are both the enemy of all that is good and decent!

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Sheriff describes raccoon "gang attack" on Lakeland woman

Cheer up...at least you don't have raccoons!

Sheriff describes raccoon "gang attack" on Lakeland woman

Lakeland, Florida-- A Lakeland woman is recovering from serious injuries in the hospital after sheriff's investigators say she was "gang attacked" by five raccoons Saturday afternoon.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says 74-year-old Gretchen Whitted was trying to shoo the animals away from her front door when they suddenly attacked.

"When she fell down, they enveloped her," said Sheriff Judd in a news conference called Sunday to warn the public of the aggressive raccoons.

"She's literally bitten and scratched from face and the chest all the way down through the legs."

Raccoons are known to be aggressive when going after food, but the sheriff called Saturday's attack very unusual.

"Not in all my years in Florida have I known of a gang attack by raccoons on an individual," Sheriff Judd said.

Christy Steinmetz lives next door to Whitted and ran across the street when she heard her neighbor's screams.

"I've never seen anything like it," Steinmetz said of the attack and her neighbors deep wounds. "They were deep lacerations. You could see flesh."

Sheriff Judd called a news conference Sunday to warn parents in the Lakeland neighborhood about the potential danger.

"They've attacked once. If someone frightens them, will they attack again?" Judd asked.

Polk County Animal Control officers fanned out, placing traps across the neighborhood, in hopes of finding the raccoons involved.

"Even if we capture a lot of raccoons [Sunday night], we can't be sure they are our suspect raccoons," Sheriff Judd said.

If caught, the animals will be killed to see whether they are rabid.