VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default Snap Jacks

The other day i was in my local guitar store and i spotted a rather beautiful PRS single cut satin, i played it and fell in love, the price was a couple of thousand pounds but i seriously was considering it, but i knew that in the back of my mind my wife would remove one (or both) of my testicles and sell them to a gypsy if i came home with it, so to relieve my GAS i started hunting round the store to buy something (anything) cheaper. thats when i stumbled on the snap jack guitar cables.
    they are magnetic jack plugs that disconect from the cable itself and are inserted into what ever instrument you care to plug into them, the idea is that you can switch instruments silently without having to mute or turn anything off, so i bought a couple to see if they were any good (and at 25 considerably cheaper than the PRS!)
    i got it home and looked it over, the cable is oxygen free and seems to be very good quality, a little stiff pehaps but thats only a minor critisism, the jacks themselves are soldered neatly and are again of very high quality. the magnets are strong....very strong and seem to be up to the task of me jumping and dancing(badly) around a stage.
    plugged in the performance is right up there with other high quality cables that i own, great highs and mids, on a clean amp setting its very crisp and clear, very very good (to my ears anyway) and yes when you disconnect the jack from the cable it really is silent, no crackles or pops....it works beautifully...

this is as close as i could get the 2 parts without the jack flying accross the table and snapping back into position!..

http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

sorry about the size of the pictures, i forgot to resize them!
    but hey i spose it shows them in better detail!

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Is it possible to increase the resolution of those pictures?
    I can't quite make out the molecular structure of the material used.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Those look cool. They work well? Never tried them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post

Sorry couldn't resist.

yeah they work really well, no dropsouts or unexpected disconnections, overal i'm really impressed.
    i'm rehearsing tonight and gigging over the weekend, so they will get tested properly then, but i have put them through their paces at home, i even let my 8yr old son use one with his guitar, and it came back in working order.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Glad to hear they're working out. Our bass player got a set when they first came out, but he was less than enthused at how easily they disconnected with sideways load, like from his leg hitting the jack on the bottom of the bass when he'd move around. Good to see they've improved on them and made them with a stronger magnet or whatever, because it is a great idea.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post

Sorry couldn't resist.

That's damn funny right there.

As for the cables, I'm really hesitant to try them because I'm worried about the magnets sliding off and the cable dropping. It's a good idea though.

So what? Do you buy one cable and a bunch of heads then plug the heads into your guitars and just the same cable for each? Seems cool. I only use two guitars on stage and I find a good old fashioned a/b box does the trick quite well.

Though, what I really want is a guitar tech to hand me my guitars like I was a real rock star.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post

That's damn funny right there.

As for the cables, I'm really hesitant to try them because I'm worried about the magnets sliding off and the cable dropping. It's a good idea though.

So what? Do you buy one cable and a bunch of heads then plug the heads into your guitars and just the same cable for each? Seems cool. I only use two guitars on stage and I find a good old fashioned a/b box does the trick quite well.

Though, what I really want is a guitar tech to hand me my guitars like I was a real rock star.
    yep thats exactly what you do, i bought 6 extra heads and have them plugged into a few guitars....although i wouldn't recomend you leave any active or electro acoustic guitars with them plugged in...it could be embarrassing when you come to use them and find the battery is flat!
    i tested the cables as best as i could tonight at rehearsal....jumping, dancing and generally throwing the guitar around.... no accidental disconnections or interferance so i'm quite happy with them....i will be gig testing them over the weekend, i will however be taking my regular cables along too...just in case, but after tonight i doubt i'll need them.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 729 Times in 346 Posts

Isn't that a cereal?
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    yep thats exactly what you do, i bought 6 extra heads and have them plugged into a few guitars....although i wouldn't recomend you leave any active or electro acoustic guitars with them plugged in...it could be embarrassing when you come to use them and find the battery is flat!
    i tested the cables as best as i could tonight at rehearsal....jumping, dancing and generally throwing the guitar around.... no accidental disconnections or interferance so i'm quite happy with them....i will be gig testing them over the weekend, i will however be taking my regular cables along too...just in case, but after tonight i doubt i'll need them.
    be sure to post your gig review. I'm interested to see how they do. Have a great show!!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    be sure to post your gig review. I'm interested to see how they do. Have a great show!!
    oops totally forgot...

100% perfect operation, no accidental disconnections.
    we played for 2 1/2 hours i had several guitar changes and it was quick and silent each time, not even a crackle. i did my usual jumping and dancing around and again no problems...100% confidence and great tone too, great mids and highs, i would highly recommend these cables.

Tom

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

played another gig las night and used the snap jack guitar cables again...another flawless performance, i even discovered that i can use them to mimic a kill switch during songs/solo's etc.
    i'm hoping these cables will stand the test of time...unlike my whammy pedal which decided to break while we were playing Joe Satriani's 'Searching'....grrrrrrrrr!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Update:

I have been using these cables for well over a year now, over 200 gigs and countless rehearsals, and i have to say, they are still in perfect working order. I've had no accidental disconections and the magnets are as strong and reliable as the day i first bought them, plus guitar switch overs are still silent. So if any of you guys out there were interested in them, go out and buy with impunity, these things stand up well against the competition, and the price is fair too.

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

I've been using the Snap Jacks for about 6 months and love them I use them for practice and my live shows and no problems at all.

They really sounds great and are high quality cables.

Snap Jack cables and V picks for me!