Register
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, Balance
    Last Online

09.25.11 @ 08:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

9/26/09 Harrah's Rincon Reviews San Diego

Anyone else go see CF at Harrah's Sat night?

We had 4th row on Mikey's side and they rocked the house!!! I saw them at the Fillmore in San Fran for their road test tour and they have really developed a lot more chemistry over the tour. Chad is still insane on the drums; Bonham-esque with how tight he plays and hard he hits. Mike seems more free to play behind Joe than Ed and does a lot more runs/fills/solos. Sam still sounds like he's 30...no idea how he does that at 60+. And Joe seems to have stepped up and is more spontaneous, higher in the mix, with more interaction between all the band members. He even stepped to the side of the stage and played rhythm while Sam did the solo for BMS. No ego whatsoever...

A few highlights:

Setlist was almost the same as from the road test. Played all of their album except for Runnin' Out. They still include BBTW as well. Encore was still Bad Motor Scooter/jam with My Generation. No Highway Star. Also got into a jam of Immigrant Song during the regular set which was amazing.

More jams than last time around. There must have been at least 1/2 dozen songs where the band just started jamming it out at the end. The chemistry between these guys is amazing, and you can see how happy they all are playing together.

During Turnin' Left, Sam and Joe started chasing each other around the stage in circles doing left hand turns. Reminded me of the BOBW walk Mk II, lol.

Sam said a few times that they put the band together to bring back and play kick ass old school rock and roll like what they grew up with and enjoyed. Also said at the end of the show that they would be back/this wasn't the last we would see of them...

Side note: Just before CF came on, some guy who looked nearly identical to Sam was cruising around the front of the audience. He started posing and taking pics, giving high 5's, hugs, etc with people who seemed to think it was really him. The guy was a little shorter, heavier, and had broader shoulders so he didn't look quite right. Later, that guy was in the crowd front and center. When Sam spotted him a couple of songs in, he said he better not be pretending he was Sam or Sam would kick his ass, lol.

All in all, one of the best shows I've seen. I hope these guys make another release and come back around with new material; that would be awesome!!!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

09.01.12 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gseiff View Post
    Anyone else go see CF at Harrah's Sat night?

We had 4th row on Mikey's side and they rocked the house!!! I saw them at the Fillmore in San Fran for their road test tour and they have really developed a lot more chemistry over the tour. Chad is still insane on the drums; Bonham-esque with how tight he plays and hard he hits. Mike seems more free to play behind Joe than Ed and does a lot more runs/fills/solos. Sam still sounds like he's 30...no idea how he does that at 60+. And Joe seems to have stepped up and is more spontaneous, higher in the mix, with more interaction between all the band members. He even stepped to the side of the stage and played rhythm while Sam did the solo for BMS. No ego whatsoever...

A few highlights:

Setlist was almost the same as from the road test. Played all of their album except for Runnin' Out. They still include BBTW as well. Encore was still Bad Motor Scooter/jam with My Generation. No Highway Star. Also got into a jam of Immigrant Song during the regular set which was amazing.

More jams than last time around. There must have been at least 1/2 dozen songs where the band just started jamming it out at the end. The chemistry between these guys is amazing, and you can see how happy they all are playing together.

During Turnin' Left, Sam and Joe started chasing each other around the stage in circles doing left hand turns. Reminded me of the BOBW walk Mk II, lol.

Sam said a few times that they put the band together to bring back and play kick ass old school rock and roll like what they grew up with and enjoyed. Also said at the end of the show that they would be back/this wasn't the last we would see of them...

Side note: Just before CF came on, some guy who looked nearly identical to Sam was cruising around the front of the audience. He started posing and taking pics, giving high 5's, hugs, etc with people who seemed to think it was really him. The guy was a little shorter, heavier, and had broader shoulders so he didn't look quite right. Later, that guy was in the crowd front and center. When Sam spotted him a couple of songs in, he said he better not be pretending he was Sam or Sam would kick his ass, lol.

All in all, one of the best shows I've seen. I hope these guys make another release and come back around with new material; that would be awesome!!!
    That Mini Sammy gets around - we saw him at the Roxy show (not sure he got in) and at the last 2 VH tours. Did not see him last night at the gibson show in LA.

Also note on this show - sound was great and the fill jams were amazing - really miles from where they were at the Roxy show. Joe seems to have stepped out of his shell and was comfortable to just "let go' when he wants.

Sweet show - but the hotel rooms for $400 - F - that!
    Be good humans