Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 126
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default Director Roman Polanski arrested in '70s sex case

    Filmmaker Roman Polanski has been arrested on an arrest warrant stemming from a decades-old sex charge, Swiss police said today. The Academy Award-winning director pleaded guilty in 1977 to a single count of having unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, acknowledging he had sex with a 13-year-old girl, but fled the United States before he could be sentenced.

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/27/...ted/index.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Eruption hotforteacher921's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.15.07
    Age
    25
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    798
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

    06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    He should be thankful he wasn't in Poland!
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

    Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

    Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Since he was caught by the Swiss, they should castrate him with a pair of tiny scissors, poke him in the eye with a toothpick, and pinch his mercilessly nipples with the tweezers.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    This really is odd. The original judge in the case, who is now dead, acted strangely in the initial filing, causing Polanski to flee the country. Now suddenly 30 years later, the Los Angeles authorities get a bug in their ear to pursue the guy? Even the victim wants nothing to do with the case, having reached a financial settlement with Polanski years ago. Besides that, she is tired of the attention. So what (if any) good can come out of this, other than a few L.A. prosecutors making a name for themselves?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  5. #5
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    This really is odd. The original judge in the case, who is now dead, acted strangely in the initial filing, causing Polanski to flee the country. Now suddenly 30 years later, the Los Angeles authorities get a bug in their ear to pursue the guy? Even the victim wants nothing to do with the case, having reached a financial settlement with Polanski years ago. Besides that, she is tired of the attention. So what (if any) good can come out of this, other than a few L.A. prosecutors making a name for themselves?
    well, Polanski can spend some time in prison like he should.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    well, Polanski can spend some time in prison like he should.
    If that is the intent, then maybe the L.A. courts shouldn't have fouled up the process 32 years ago in the first place.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  7. #7
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    If that is the intent, then maybe the L.A. courts shouldn't have fouled up the process in the first place.
    and that justifies him fleeing the country to avoid sentencing?

    40 something year old man drugs and rapes 13 year old girl and the lawyers are the bad guys?

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk ZeoBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    41
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,830
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Likes
    54
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    If that is the intent, then maybe the L.A. courts shouldn't have fouled up the process 32 years ago in the first place.
    Maybe LA courts are finally catching up on some old cases.... It takes a while to get paperwork done you know!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

    www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    and that justifies him fleeing the country to avoid sentencing?

    40 something year old man drugs and rapes 13 year old girl and the lawyers are the bad guys?
    The prosecution sends the guy to a maximum security prison in the seventies for 42 days (supposedly for evaluation), backs out of a deal already agreed to by both parties, then threatens to send him back again for nearly 50 days more before trial with no bail?

    Yes, the prosecution are shining examples of jurisprudence.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  10. #10
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The prosecution sends the guy to a maximum security prison in the seventies for 42 days (supposedly for evaluation), backs out of a deal already agreed to by both parties, then threatens to send him back again for nearly 50 days more before trial with no bail?

    Yes, the prosecution are shining examples of jurisprudence.
    Craig,

    I'm not saying that the prosecution did a great job handling the case. I'm saying that the 40 year old who raped a 13 year old shouldn't be seen as the good guy here.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,969
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Likes
    2,600
    Liked 4,795 Times in 2,447 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Just because he is a celebrity should not excuse him from being let go because of the courts fucking up. I hope he finally pays his due to society.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Craig,

    I'm not saying that the prosecution did a great job handling the case. I'm saying that the 40 year old who raped a 13 year old shouldn't be seen as the good guy here.
    This isn't an either/or proposition. I'm not saying Polanski is innocent, but he was entitled to a fair trial. And that is not what took place here. On top of that, out of the blue more than 30 years after the debacle, the L.A. prosecutors office, against the wishes of the victim, gets it into it's collective head that digging this case up is somehow a terrific idea.

    The only facts that will come out is how bizarrely the presiding judge initially acted, bringing yet more embarrassment to the office. In fact, Polanski should just take his chances in court, as L.A. has a fairly dismal record for prosecuting celebrities.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  13. #13
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    This isn't an either/or proposition. I'm not saying Polanski is innocent, but he was entitled to a fair trial. And that is not what took place here. On top of that, out of the blue more than 30 years after the debacle, the L.A. prosecutors office, against the wishes of the victim, gets it into it's collective head that digging this case up is somehow a terrific idea.

    The only facts that will come out is how bizarrely the presiding judge initially acted, bringing yet more embarrassment to the office. In fact, Polanski should just take his chances in court, as L.A. has a fairly dismal record for prosecuting celebrities.
    wasn't there an admission of guilt? Won't that make a conviction basically assured?

    I understand your point on this seeming to be strange timing. It is. But at the end of the day I'd rather someone face justice 30 years later than not face justice at all.

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Polanski's plea was predicated upon a plea-bargain agreed with by the prosecution. The judge went back on the agreement in a public display devised to bring attention to himself. After all this time, the case would have to start over, and Polanski could argue that his plea was coerced. He could enter a plea of not guilty, and the prosecution would have to try the case in it's entirety.

    That in and of itself would be fun to watch, as the victim may not wish to even testify. L.A. county can't even prosecute murderers when they have overwhelming evidence against the accused, so how well do you think this will turn out? Nice spending of the taxpayer's money, by the way.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  15. #15
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    I don't know Craig. I see a grown man who drugged and raped a 13 year old who then fled the country when he felt that he would be punished severly for this. He then cuts the girl a cheque years later basically confirming his guilt (if the admission wasn't enough).

    Of all the things that taxpayers money gets spent on, I don't think going after an admitted rapist is on the top of the list of wasteful items.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ed Roman Guitars
    By ScottyBHarris in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09.22.09, 06:19 AM
  2. James Bond Director Arrested In Drag During Prostitution Sting
    By Phatie in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02.23.06, 07:48 PM
  3. Ed Roman Kramer kit
    By Little_Dreamer in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02.05.03, 12:42 PM
  4. Pete Townshend Is Arrested in Porn Case
    By leroy in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02.01.03, 04:18 PM
  5. Your thoughts on Ed Roman
    By tribb in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04.17.02, 03:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •