Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.18.13 @ 05:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Wolfgang Neck ???

I'm finding my self hardly able to play anything other than my wolf, because the neck fits my hands better than any other guitar I have(the slow, picking stuff, mostly) What are the specs for the neck ? I also have an epi lp & olp, that I play
    for spares, but they don't compare.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

15" radius

Asymmetrical profile (like the EBMM EVH, but thicker)

Dunlop 6105 (I think?? Correct me if I have the numbers wrong) frets

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Speaking of wolfgang necks, I thought I would put up a shot of a first run neck that was made. It has no frets or dots yet in the photo, still waiting on stainless steel fret wire for this one and my other customer builds, but here it is with the old headstock that is now out of production. I am building it this way so if someone wanted the new look all is they have to do is cut out the " scoop" because the " new " one is off limits. The one in the pic has a quilted fretboard, it is a true hybrid of all the EVH necks in that it has the back contour of the EBMM with the small face dots, but it is a 10" to 16" compound radius. His new one is a 12" to 16" compound. The compound I will be doing on all my necks I just added it a step further since 10" is popular too. So you really get the best of many worlds together. On another interesting not I am running a prototype neck for my strats made out of alder. I have been trying to get to this for a long time. Alder is a very stable wood and very "tone" drive too. So I get to find out how good it sounds preety soon. If it works out I will be offering Alder for necks too. I am not enven aware of anybody else even attempting alder in a neck. I can't even think of a good enough reason not too. The industry for years is just a bunch of sheep. that is why they don't stray form the path until somebody else tries something. Then when it works they jump on the bandwagon. Also hard ash necks I will be building that proto very soon too. Got to get other builds out of the way first.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottfletcher View Post
    Speaking of wolfgang necks, I thought I would put up a shot of a first run neck that was made. It has no frets or dots yet in the photo, still waiting on stainless steel fret wire for this one and my other customer builds, but here it is with the old headstock that is now out of production. I am building it this way so if someone wanted the new look all is they have to do is cut out the " scoop" because the " new " one is off limits. The one in the pic has a quilted fretboard, it is a true hybrid of all the EVH necks in that it has the back contour of the EBMM with the small face dots, but it is a 10" to 16" compound radius. His new one is a 12" to 16" compound. The compound I will be doing on all my necks I just added it a step further since 10" is popular too. So you really get the best of many worlds together. On another interesting not I am running a prototype neck for my strats made out of alder. I have been trying to get to this for a long time. Alder is a very stable wood and very "tone" drive too. So I get to find out how good it sounds preety soon. If it works out I will be offering Alder for necks too. I am not enven aware of anybody else even attempting alder in a neck. I can't even think of a good enough reason not too. The industry for years is just a bunch of sheep. that is why they don't stray form the path until somebody else tries something. Then when it works they jump on the bandwagon. Also hard ash necks I will be building that proto very soon too. Got to get other builds out of the way first.
    That neck....is....(gulp).......BEAUTIFUL.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.18.13 @ 05:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nice !!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My gosh Scott, that is amazing. I'm so excited for my neck!

I didn't know you would be offering so many options too. It's cool enough that you offer necks with the same spec's as PV Wolfs and EBMM's, but then to also be able to offer combinations of the 2... amazing.

I'm sure I'll be ordering more necks from you in the future after the first one. Especially if any of my clients want me to build them a REALLY high end guitar. The only thing I don't make from scratch is the necks, so these options are wonderful.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

You have been, and continue to be, THE MASTER. Damn!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow,very nice.i bet very expensive to,lol..

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Simply just stunning work there Scott you truly are a talented individual. After playing and owning nothing but Fenders for 25 years it was the neck that swayed me from buying a Les Paul when I finally went to buy an ax with humbuckers. I picked up a Wolfgang to noodle with while the salesman went to grab the Paul for me and that was it. Truthfully the most comfortable neck I have ever played. My friend sent me a demo made with a EBMM Petrucci that sounded great with the piezo. He really bragged how great the guitar was and knowing EBMM quality from my EVH and an Axis I own grabbed one NOS on ebay and it .is the only guitar I ever bought without playing first The guitar is is just amazing the Piezo and trem system incredible the body one of the most comfortable you will ever find the neck-killed the whole ax for me. I cant believe this guitar comes with one of those, almost like an Ibanez wizard neck. He did not have one of those on hos old model and be it as I try I need some meat in my hands.(OK NO WISE CRACKS THERE LOL) I wish it had a neck like the EVH which along with my Beck Strat the second version are my two faves.