Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Fire
    Last Online

06.14.16 @ 05:24 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default PURPLE EVH WARNING!

You guys looking for a nice EVHMM STAY CLEAR of this assclown!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ernie-Ball-EVH-V...d=p3911.c0.m14

Yesterday ..he described this guitar to me as not having any nicks, scratches, dents, dings...ect. He said it was barely played and like new condition. We agreed to a price and I DROVE 2HRS to pick it up... btw he knew I was driving that far. I get there and he opens the door and says.."oh btw..I did find a nick on the front of it." I open the case and what a pile of garbage.! The neck looked dry rotted. I found two big dents at the top of the headstock. Numberous scratches and nicks on the body, rust on the floyd.....and that was all found within 15 seconds! I am sure I could have found more. Also the quilt top was really dull and looked like it was painted on, if you know what I mean. I was fuming and could do nothing but walk out. I contacted him after I calmed down. He made NO appoligies... or nothing. At that point I said...look.... I just drove 2 hrs to get there and now have to drive another 2 hrs to get back. It has cost me a half a day and 40 bucks in gas to get there....AND...you could have called at anytime and stopped me from making the long drive. I would be nice since it was your mistake to at least split the gas. He says "sorry...no gas" Thats the only response I have got from this clown. MAN..I am pissed...! NOW...he has the junk back on ebay and fails to mention the true condition of the guitar. This is where I wish I had a bogus account and could leave him some neg feedback...or something. Sorry guys... I dont mean to vent but I mainly wanted to warn you guys and let you warn others that may have been looking at this guitar. Again...sorry!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    You guys looking for a nice EVHMM STAY CLEAR of this assclown!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ernie-Ball-EVH-V...d=p3911.c0.m14

Yesterday ..he described this guitar to me as not having any nicks, scratches, dents, dings...ect. He said it was barely played and like new condition. We agreed to a price and I DROVE 2HRS to pick it up... btw he knew I was driving that far. I get there and he opens the door and says.."oh btw..I did find a nick on the front of it." I open the case and what a pile of garbage.! The neck looked dry rotted. I found two big dents at the top of the headstock. Numberous scratches and nicks on the body, rust on the floyd.....and that was all found within 15 seconds! I am sure I could have found more. Also the quilt top was really dull and looked like it was painted on, if you know what I mean. I was fuming and could do nothing but walk out. I contacted him after I calmed down. He made NO appoligies... or nothing. At that point I said...look.... I just drove 2 hrs to get there and now have to drive another 2 hrs to get back. It has cost me a half a day and 40 bucks in gas to get there....AND...you could have called at anytime and stopped me from making the long drive. I would be nice since it was your mistake to at least split the gas. He says "sorry...no gas" Thats the only response I have got from this clown. MAN..I am pissed...! NOW...he has the junk back on ebay and fails to mention the true condition of the guitar. This is where I wish I had a bogus account and could leave him some neg feedback...or something. Sorry guys... I dont mean to vent but I mainly wanted to warn you guys and let you warn others that may have been looking at this guitar. Again...sorry!

Sorry to hear that Rat. I'd like to think that my Buckeye bretheran would have a little more manners and ethical standards.

Shitty world we live in......
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:42 AM
    Liked 281 Times in 135 Posts

Someone should post a public question:

"Hey, I read on a VH site that this particular guitar is pretty beat-up... nicks and dings in the headstock... rusty FR. Is that true?"

That will get people thinking.

(I'd do it but no eBay at work!)
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by spanked55 View Post
    Someone should post a public question:

"Hey, I read on a VH site that this particular guitar is pretty beat-up... nicks and dings in the headstock... rusty FR. Is that true?"

That will get people thinking.

(I'd do it but no eBay at work!)
    First of all, it could turn it into a flame...which is not what I am looking for. Second...you are talking about a guy that let me drive almost two hours one way..... Do you think he will be truthful..?

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 602 Times in 392 Posts

man that really sucks!
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Seems there are more and more scumbags like this on ePay these days. People getting desperate for money I guess.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:42 AM
    Liked 281 Times in 135 Posts

First of all, it could turn it into a flame...which is not what I am looking for. Second...you are talking about a guy that let me drive almost two hours one way..... Do you think he will be truthful..?
    Perhaps I'm mis-reading the 'tone' of your post, but then what are you "looking for"?

If your goal is to warn people, it might get them thinking about what they are about bid on - whether he is truthful or not in response. Or contact ebay and see if you can report it. Those suggestions seem more reasonable than setting up a bogus account to leave him negative feedback.
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Looks like someone asked him about the condition and he is being halfway truthful with his response. Too bad he wasnt halfway truthful yesterday. Which makes me ask....why am I even complaining..lol? I guess I also set myself up to get mad by even suggesting he pay half my gas...lol.... I cant even believe I said that. It was one of those moments where I just felt like breaking the guitar over his head but I walked out. Today is a new day..! Wow.. I am starting to cheer myself up

Last Online

08.29.14 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just because you pose a question on ebay it doesn't mean the seller has to reveal it. So it wouldn't really help out any other prespective buyers.

Also, in regards to driving 2 hrs ...you really should have asked for hi rez pics and a lot of thembefore such a trip . You never know what one persons idea of "good" or "mint" condition is going to be.

Ive had it happen too.

Bummer....

FYI...ebay fucking sucks balls now. Their rates are insane, the fees are even worse. They force you to use Paypal now because they own it now. YOu can't leave a buyer neg. FB now..WTF?????????????
    If cleanliness were next to Godliness, then that would make you the devil...(CLUTCH)...

Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

01.06.11 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That realy sucks rat,i might have just broke it over his head!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by 5150jeff View Post
    That realy sucks rat,i might have just broke it over his head!
    Yeah..I know you would have...!!! You are from Down River... you guys kill people for less on that side of town...lol...jk!

Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

01.06.11 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah..I know you would have...!!! You are from Down River... you guys kill people for less on that side of town...lol...jk!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

I'm glad some people find great axes and deals on them via ebay. Personally I'm very weary of buying something like a guitar via the net. So much could not be mentioned. From problems not being listed to people selling knocks off's or putting a wolf neck on a reproduction body etc you never truly know what you will get. Also until you try a guitar you have no clue how it is. You can try 5 of the same Les Paul's at a music store and some will just feel better for various reasons. When you order one from the net you get whatever it is. If it's legit then from a guitar junkie/ collectors view point it worked out but there is still no guarantee you got a nice one...one that feels good to you.

That is one reason I held off on getting a replica EVH deal for so many years. Even with so many legit looking people in a forum community you don't truly know. Not until I met a person, looked them in the eye, tried a sample, and knew I could have things tweaked to my liking did I feel 100% certain.

Well good luck to the ebay axe shoppers. I hope stories like this are not in any of your futures.
    Last edited by At0micPunk; 09.25.09 at 09:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Wow, that sucks. People never cease to amaze me with the things they do.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ha... Someone informed him about the VH post... He made a comment on the bottom and now its not perfect. Before I drove out there he couldnt find a flaw on it...it was like brand new... and he looked it over a few times.... Guys like that ruin my trust in buying on ebay...! Thinking about it now... Im kind of glad I did drive and didnt pay thru paypal or have it shipped..